It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very eerie EVPs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
EVPs are very intriguing to me.

This guy named Steve Huff is a paranormal investigator in Illinois.
In this vid, he records some very spooky EVPs.
If these are real...whoa!!

In an old abandoned factory in soutern Illinois, he records a BUNCH of EVPs, clear as can be.
"Can you help me?" (When he enters the bathroom area)
Shortly thereafter, a male voice says "There's evil."
Then comes "F*** You", and a very creepy moan.

Part 2:

edit on 16-12-2014 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Okay... guy seems legit and so do the pretty good EVPs. The first one in the laundromat sounded like "I live here" to me.

I've gotten a few myself back when I was proving it's reality (to myself) years ago... and I'm very curious about what they are and if they are what they seem, i.e. disembodied intelligences, if so, then what is their reality like? Are they floating around the world as we see it... just not able to be heard or affect any change... or what?

We have a whole lot to learn.

Good post, sir (or madam).

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I agree, we have a lot to learn. This stuff seems to be a tad out of our science's reach.
I also think Huff seems sincere. Unlike some of the ghost-hunting TV shows.

Huff's video is like a jackpot of EVP activity. As I said, this stuff is so fascinating to me.
I wonder if he attracts these entities or somehow makes them want to respond?

Videos like this suggest to me that these entities, or disembodied spirits are all over the place, and we
just aren't aware of them. It appears, as some paranormal researchers suggest, like adjusting a radio or TV tuner.
It's out there. We just don't see or hear it 99% of the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
One thing with EVP's is that sometimes they are quite clear and other times, different people will hear different things. As for the ghost box thing...I find them very annoying to listen to.
edit on 16-12-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
How is he capturing these recordings? Does he just rely on the cameras microphone, or is there specific equipment being used?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Sounds like audio pareidolia, to me. The EVPs in the factory and Laundromat were associated with noise of his footsteps in the trash on the floor. The Laundromat noise were ambient sounds caused by wind and rain from the thunderstorm.

If you take a squeaky wheel and turn it enough, words and short phrases will be perceived, if not right away, eventually.

The ghost box is nothing but folly.
edit on 16-12-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am in no way an expert in this but I do know a wee bit and have used the P-SB7 for instrumental transcommunication(ghost box). As well as EVP research.

I feel Steve Huff is an attention seeker. The majority of his EVPs sound as if he manipulates them through audio editing programs. In fact, I'm willing to wager he speeds up, slows down and reverses many.

True EVPs should only need a boost in decibles. If any other filtration is used, it becomes too easy to debate. But a true, unfiltered, class A EVP shouldn't need any manipulation. I feel only class A's should be considered as possible evedince and all others disregarded for random noise

As to his ghost box sessions, he may truly feel he is capturing spirit voices but sadly, chances are he is not. I say this because one can capture spirit voices in just the sweeping white noise.

My P-SB7 gets radio channel hits on two spots when it sweeps the channels. Both in the 90's, so I get about 2 minutes of just white noise channel sweeps. I have done this repeatedly and everytime the channel radio hits occur at the same two frequencies.

It is because of this, I can then discern actual responses to my questions. Steve Huff just accepts any radio hit as a response. When in my own research I receive responses at times within my frequency sweeps to help discern between radio and possible entity contact.

Also in my research, the spirit voices sound like they come from the speaker in a different way than normal radio hits.

When it comes down to it, there are really two main opinions to instrumental transcommunication:

1. The more radio chatter, the better the results. (Steve Huff and others)

2. The less radio chatter, the more factual the results. (myself and others)

I feel Steve really believes he is capturing communication with other entities, and to some degree, he may. But many times flights of fancy get the best of us and in my opinion, Steve Huff is a classic example of this.

edit on 12/17/2014 by mcx1942 because: rotund fingers

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

Especially in the second video the last 'ghost'/EVP sounds very random in choice of words, suggesting it's not an actual ghost but just a radio station. Many of the sounds are highly interpretable and the transcript seems suggestive while others do sound like what they're supposedly saying. Just wondering, why would ghosts stick to a factory rather than their old homes?

Why are there so many spirits/haunted places? Is passing over actually difficult?
edit on 17-12-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Listened to these last night, and really thought it was interesting. Particularly the EVP's. For some reason I can't get into the "Ghost Boxes". Love it that the guys Mom went with them.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

That is one of the more interesting aspects. Why do some places seem to have more activity over others?

I feel a possible theory is some places lay on spots on Earth where particular energies may congregate. These certain locations may act like an amplifier, allowing energies to be boosted to levels that our senses may be able to detect.

Perhaps within some sort of shelter, these energies compound on each other and build to a degree where they then become tangible for brief seconds.

There is a theory that these entities are composed of so-called quantum matter, a form of plasma that would appear to the observer to exist for only a few seconds. According to the theory, these entities blink in and out of the range of our perception continually.

As to if these are spirits and do some have a hard time passing over? I wish I knew the truth about it but here is my gut feeling: I really don't know, I feel that we are dealing with energies our brain perhaps is not currently able to process. It is entirely possible our evolution will not reach the point where we can definitively put these answers to rest.

edit on 12/17/2014 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942
Hi mcx1942, In my opinion, I would be in agreeance with you. (No disrespect to the author of this thread intended)
I have to say that your reply mcx1942, as I was reading through, is exactly the way I feel and have come to know both interferences in radio waves and also in regards to Mr Steve Huff.
That's it!

new topics

top topics

join