It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Hackers threaten 911 style attack on Christmas Day release of The Interview

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Being that the major 5 movie theater chains have pulled this movie, we can safely assume that this isn't some publicity stunt or viral marketing.

Appears as if the GOP won this round and is hitting Sony and the producers hard in the pocket for now, but I have a feeling when this is released on DVD people may still buy it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Must have found it was a credible threat. Movie release cancelled.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Where is Anonymous when you need them? I say we have Anonymous and the GOP battle it out for cyberland supremacy...Unlike this movie "The Interview", I would actually pay to see that.

It is Anonymous, thats the kicker.

It has the Anonymous signature all over it yet they want to be called the GOP and that for a reason.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Ya CNN just had a guy on talking about how this was "cyber terrorism", which I find laughable.
Didn't know hacking and leaking movies was terrorist activities.
Shoot, pirate bay must have been the ISIS of cyber terror in that case

Cyber Terrorism is where a group uses the Internet to upload messages of violence and videos of beheadings and bombings and other violent acts to instill terror into the hearts of people.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

www.nbcnews.com...

Poor North Korea , The Dennis The Menace of the Cyber World..............

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This. Sounds like someone/somebodies that Lil' Kim hired to do. Poor guy got offended even though its an on screen death and super fictitious. So he sent some goons out to hack SONY and wave threats just like their glorious tantrum throwing drama queen. πŸ˜’πŸ’πŸ’…

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I guess this also goes to show how tied together the US government and the entertainment industry are. Why is the US government going to get involved or even issue statements about this at all? Why do they care...there should be a movie made about THAT. Poor entertainment industry...let's go to war....retarded. maybe focus on real threats, not a boycott of a movie.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
These have to be the worlds most polite terrorists, after all they were considerate enough to warn us.

Who on earth calls themselves 'guardians of the peace' and then threatens to disrupt the peace? I'd be more weary of Professor Chaos but if the brass considers this a legitimate threat than so be it.

Many of these hackers are probably losers who's legs would turn to jelly the moment anyone clenches a first in their vicinity.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
SONY Pictures has exhibited some serious gutlessness. They've set a terrible precedent, period. That being said, there's no telling how long NK was deep in their personal emails, bank accounts via direct deposits, SSNs, and so on. This goes for employees, executives and the actors and actresses who are on their payroll, too.

The hackers already released embarrassing (and hilarious) comments made by the hypocritical, racist, far-Left democrat executives at Sony, about Obama. There is no doubt that this was just a "shot across the bow". NK probably has thousands of nastier, even shadier emails, as well as copies of all of their movies that are yet to be released. In short, they've got Sony by the short hairs.

Regardless of what Sony does or doesn't do, the USA should take them down via cyber attack. Period. The response should be so overwhelming that they are utterly dismantled as a nation and sent back to the Middle Ages. Otherwise, the next attack will be even worse.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Long ago I stopped taking anything serious that comes from the MSM.

Anything that they play over and over, 24 hours a day, is quite literally the blueprint for brainwashing. So whenever I see something like this I immediately assume the story is fabricated on many levels.

I mean if they have such scary hackers, why would they go after Sony! There are plenty of other targets that would have a greater impact upon their enemy.

Sorry to me this reeks of pure CIA propaganda. They even through out the 9/11 card, like we have heard so many of those trying to defend torture spouting off about recently. Mass trauma is quite effective!

They sure have mastered the principles laid out by Edward Bernay's book Propaganda, all the way back in 1928, the psychological warfare upon mass consciousness is impressive indeed!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join