It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage vows are Un-Bibilical - need new vows, I'm getting married Thursday + Vow Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

The greatest thing you can do is to love your wife as Christ loves His church (His body). Pray that you be changed into the image of Christ and you will see her change too. The worst thing you could do is offer prayers to God of you got to change her get her God and such. All that does is to put pressure on you and you will pop like a pimple under the pressure of the Holy Spirit as He brings you through the refiners fire where the dross is drawn off and the metal that is left is purer than before.
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The sectarian bull aside...

That's got to be one of the most inconsistent OPs I've ever read.

"You Protestants should be ashamed"... But you don't blame them?

Vow is another word for Oath which is against God... So you want help with your vows?

But you don't won't it to be an un-Biblical marriage?

I'm confused with all of that to be honest.
edit on 17-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join