It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villagers in Kazakhstan Are Falling Asleep En Masse for No Apparent Reason

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Fascinating phenomenon and the dreams some have had are equally as interesting.

There is of course an easy cure for this affliction ... Justin Bieber music ...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I found this: The Mystery of 18 Twitching Teenagers in Le Roy. That was reported in 2012.

They show some of the same symptoms.

Here's another article that provides some more information about the phenomena in Kazakhstan.

dex

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Oh crap, I had a dream like this where EVERYONE on earth fell asleep and died because they didn't wake up. I was the only one that didn't fall asleep...
Now I'm scared

That does not sound like a dream to me, but rather a horrible nightmare.

This sleeping illness is certainly something I'm going to keep an eye on now.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gazzerman

Maybe this will help to start the search???

2.bp.blogspot.com...

There are 12 total in a grid.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I got "timed out" so I must be onto something... "Vile Vortices" If We (the collective) don't take care of the magneto-sphere it'll be "lights out" And then 'most' will awaken on another planet...

I
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That is peculiar, I have heard of this sort of thing happening before, some in US towns, some even back in Europe practically in the dark ages. In fact I am pretty sure there was some threads around here about people all of a sudden sleeping off and for days. Could be stories or maybe not, who knows. But I cant think of any of it right now or were I heard of it, to sleepy I suppose. Interesting thread anyways.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

That's actually a cool dream. I'd interpret it as recognizing yourself being aware and astute while others around you shut themselves off from reality. Death represents an end to a way of life or major change in identity.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If it isn't some unknown disease popping up, it could be something like a localized displacement of oxygen. Kazakhstan does have some areas where natural gas comes right to the surface. Of course the only way to be sure would be having knowledge of the geology surrounding that city, and perhaps elevation where these people live, and other factors like weather that may affect such phenomena.

Elsewhere in the world, entire villiages have died from gas releases at nearby lakes due to some unusual combination of factors. So something like that may be something to look into. People may be living on top of something they're not aware of.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've read of "Sleeping Beauty Disorder", also know n as Kleine Levin Syndrome, causing people (typically teenagers) to sleep up to 60+ hours straight. The one's I've seen have been isolated "one of" cases of a neurological disorder. Wonder if it could be a localized mutation disorder or something.

Kleine Levin Syndrome

Possible cause of "Sleeping Beauty Disorder"?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It is all too probable that Borat's "Very Nice!" brother Bilo got out of his cage and got what he wanted, the chance to do stand-up, but his babbling idiotics put the community to sleep.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's still getting weirder! 40 people have been taken to Morpheus in their dreams. The sleeping disease has appeared in another village and in yet another one people have been fainting collectively!

en.tengrinews.kz...

Quite funny article.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm going to go with a water-bourne particulate. The fact that it comes in waves at different times of the year suggests a rising water table over-flowing into the village water system when it rains or snows and the snow then melts. Six people at a market will share the same water when drinking tea or coffee, including the security guard.

This particulate, whatever it is will be shutting down the cerebral cortex, placing the victims in a coma-like sleep, but the body is able to flush the dissolved particulate away after a few days, and then function returns back to the cerebral cortex.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First post. IMO it sounds like the people's pineal glands could be pumping dmt into their system.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
there is some strange stuff going around I have felt weird since thanksgiving

I have fibromyalgia with Chronic Fatigue. Now normally I just need a light nap and I'm good. But something is definitely going on because I seriously am having a hard time keeping my eyes open all day during the day, from morning till when I go to sleep. Some days, all I DO is sleep off and on until about 10pm, and then wake up long enough to take my medications for bed, to go to sleep for the night. Ugh! Energy, where have you gone?

Get your doctor to do a sleep study. i also have fibromyalgia and had the same problem and around 80% of us have sleep apnea.

i would love catching this sleep problem so that i could get as good nights sleep.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Read about this recently. It reminded me of something I had read on ATS about a war in the future in which a wepon was used that would people would all just fall asleep.

edit on 6-3-2015 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The article states that the tests conducted do not suggest uranium is the cause. They have also tested the soil, the air, water, hair, blood and all the usual suspects; yet, they cannot pinpoint the cause conclusively.

Very strange phenomenon something out of a sci-fi novel or Brothers Grimm book.

Right

More Like the Movie called Village of the Dammed The Original ..

Certain Areas Infected ..

and

Another Movie called ... Things To Come having the Wandering Sickness... aka ( Zombie )

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Sounds like the Sandman comics.

It happened in the 1920's also and killed upto a million people.

www.damninteresting.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join