It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new 30 second song, Rain Drops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Got my condenser mic through in the post today so I blew the dust off my guitar and had a little jam. After I played it back to myself I started to play around with it chopping and splicing until I thought it sounded cool. I like the mix between raw authentic acoustic sounds and the erratic, almost 8-BIT sounding splicing giving it a strange rhythm and weird interludes.

I was kinda going for an end of an era, acoustic music dying out to be replayed by electronic garbage kind of feel, but I dunno if that is noticeable or not. I was just jamming really.

Anyway I hope you enjoy. It only took me a few hours in total so don't expect anything special

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Nice, what mic did you get I love condensers but dont have a room soundproof enough to really use one.

a reply to: TechUnique

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Nice, what mic did you get I love condensers but dont have a room soundproof enough to really use one.

ECM600ST, It's only cheap but it does the trick!
My place is far from sound proof, I live on a main road and there is a big construction site across the road from me right now!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I bought a similar priced condeser mic years ago, I forget what it was now but it was amazing value for money.

I ended up putting a matress in a cupboard and playing into it.

I sware that once I turned the headphones up a bit too high and heard my girlfriend stirring a cup of tea downstairs at the opposite side of the house.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I bought a similar priced condeser mic years ago, I forget what it was now but it was amazing value for money.

I ended up putting a matress in a cupboard and playing into it.

I sware that once I turned the headphones up a bit too high and heard my girlfriend stirring a cup of tea downstairs at the opposite side of the house.

Yeah they are super sensitive! Directional shotgun mics are crazy too. You can pick up things from out of eyesight with those if the conditions are right.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

top topics

join