It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war officially restarted in congress. In one second, with no debate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
The only chance to stop them is to totally abandon the two party system and demand the electoral college be eliminated.

The sole sensible comment you made in the whole of your OP. The rest could be replaced with a "The-End-Is-Nigh" sandwich board and have about the same credibility.

Hell, this isn't even a law yet, although it certainly sounds like the passive-aggressive type of thing Obama will sign. But even then, unless you're a soothsayer, you have zero factual intelligence on how Russia will react to this.

More than worrying about the electoral college (the abolition of which was a theme in one of my college history papers), we need to abandon the whole philosophy behind alliances with other countries and the whole either-you're-with-us-or-you're-against-us mentality. In doing so, we could let other countries handle their own issues with minimal, if any, obligation to intervene (after all, they are their own sovereign nation that should be able to defend itself). And then if we do, it would be only to help deal with commissions of international war crimes, regardless as to which side in the conflict did it.

We need to regain some of our integrity as a nation by shedding the interventionist mentality that our "leaders" so lovingly espouse.
edit on 16-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I have only two answers to that...

Read This

And Read This

...and if you`re still clueless after that, there`s no hope for you anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

ya there is a little more to the story than just that haha....id wager both governments have done some things wrong but you need to look at history first and then of course the black ops that we don't fullly know everything about but evidence suggests things were going on

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I care not if you think I'm "clueless" or "hopeless". Facts are facts. The west/russia worked together for over two decades, and it all came crashing down the moment Putin put Russian boots in Crimea.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Agreed completely. Neither side is innocent in the matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Last time it was in the name of goibg to the moon....this time it will be disguised as going to Mars......Here we go again!

-Alien

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IWasHereEonsAgo
the russians. I fully understand them and I wish the US would get off its high imperialist horse.

Exactly

As a Brit I supported USA in Iraq 1 and 2, Afganistan, defending Korea and Japan even. I really understood it. But Ukraine has never been part of their domain, it has always been Russian influenced and to try and steal it away is just pure theft.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

part of the problem too is the country really is split in opinion...much of the east is indeed pro russian

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

cold war is real.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Put any word in front of "war" you like, its still war.

hopefully by "keep it real" you mean keeping it really real, and not "i reject your reality and substitute my own" real.

No, I meant keep from resorting to insult like you usually do,

pretty sure 'no such thing as a cold war' is a completely, utterly, totally inaccurate statement.

You can spread any disinformation you like. I lived through most of the ongoing "Cold" War, I know what that term is used for by the government, military and media. They used it in Korea and Vietnam. Nothings changed, except the ongoing "Cold" NATO expansion into the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Do you read history at all? Have you studied the reasons for those "Cold" Wars? Even though you'll say yes, I don't believe it. Either that or you're just promoting the same lies as others before you.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It has been coming down since a Russian group decided not let themselves getting plundered by the West anymore.

...and I guess you`re still being clueless about The West trying to repeat `98 (try to look at the other posts too and actual read them).

There is no two parties who are responsible, only one party who`s trying to crush Russia again after `91 and `98.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

But even then, unless you're a soothsayer, you have zero factual intelligence on how Russia will react to this.

Phooey. They will react (are reacting) just like they did when The Third Reich invaded Eastern Europe.

Let them come all the way in, spreading themselves ever thinner, with lonnng supply lines, then… "Wham"!

You don't suppose they have forgotten their history? Napoleon and Hitler both tried "conquering" Russia.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Let them come all the way in, spreading themselves ever thinner, with lonnng supply lines, then… "Wham"!

That's weird, you seem to be talking like someone is invading Russia. Funny, I don't see that being reported anywhere. If Russia were being invaded you'd think it would be somewhere on SOME news outlet.

You don't suppose they have forgotten their history? Napoleon and Hitler both tried "conquering" Russia.

Who's trying to conquer Russia? Again, I don't see any invasions happening. Rather, I see Russia invading OTHER countries. So weird... Where are you getting that people are invading Russia?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That's weird, you seem to be talking like someone is invading Russia. Funny, I don't see that being reported anywhere.

Imagine that. NATO is expanding into Eastern Europe. Russia is under the (sanctions) gun and ever-increasingly being surrounded by real guns…

My post…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The Cold War was restarted the moment Russian troops invaded Crimea.

WTF ?

Already 16 people showed they are completely clueless, and yet still people wonder why this World is in such a mess?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

People are able to see beyond the U.S. and Russian propaganda, and come to their own conclusions.

link   

The only chance to stop them is to totally abandon the two party system and demand the electoral college be eliminated. Massive campaign finance reform is needed to get the reigns back. What you do and say in the next two years may define the next 200. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES JOIN THE US MILITARY!
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

The only way to stop it?

Like stopping a moving train with a teddy bear...

link   

WTF ?

Already 16 people showed they are completely clueless, and yet still people wonder why this World is in such a mess?

Or are covering it up. I thought denial was a good descriptive, too.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Latvia doesn't belong to Russia, so those vehicles aren't invading Russia.
edit on 16-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: Misspelled Latvia

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

People are able to see beyond the U.S. and Russian propaganda, and come to their own conclusions.

More like your mind is already made up? If so, how come you need to play, "Huh what, I don't see that" with information people bring? If its "all propaganda" I mean.

You're either ignorant, in denial or hiding behind both.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Latvia doesn't belong to Russia, so those vehicles aren't invading Russia.

YaDuh, they're still on the train.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join