It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Brings Scientists & Theologians Together To Prepare World For Extraterrestrial Contact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Perhaps they are also preparing for the inevitable discovery of something smaller.

The discovery of a fossil on Mars would be one of the greatest discoveries in history-Aliens do not to need be alive to be acknowledged, and IMO finding a martian fossil is far more likely than aliens emissaries showing up and rolling out the red carpet.

And as for the alien Baptism, that might not be wise. Nobody would baptize their cat-firstly the cat wouldn't see the religious significance of the ritual, and secondly the cat could try to claw your eyes out. However if an alien did ever agree to a baptism it would probably do so out of courtesy and not because he wants to be accepted in the eyes of the lord. We see these hollow offerings everyday by prominent people-prince Charles can be part a Hindu welcome ceremony but that doesn't mean he'll immediately embrace Hinduism, he'll think to himself "how quaint" before going back home to play naked scrabble or whatever the heck Charles does in his spare time.

However in the unlikely event that we do receive an emissary, there is still the issue of communication and that should be at the top of the agenda.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'd like to play along with this thread, but I am 100% convinced that beings from other worlds will not be able to travel the great distance involved.

If the nearest civilization is even only say 10 light years away it would take 10 years to reach us at the speed of light. Travelling at the speed of light is not possible in the laws of physics. It is make believe because it does not correspond to the laws of matter. We could only achieve the speed of light if we were physically transformed into light. That is the only way we could match light for speed.

As for other dimensional beings, like a Creator and Angels, etc, well I think that is more likely.

The only thing I would think if I was presented news from the authorities that said aliens had come would be is this a rat I am smelling.

Any beings that had the tech to travel to earth might as well be Gods in our eyes, their form and abilities would be that far above our own.

There may or may not be sentient intelligent beings elsewhere, but travel methods and feasibility are impossible because of the distances involved.

Radio waves apparently travel at the speed of light in a vacuum. A transmission being picked up is a far more likely scenario. If we picked up a signal from a star 10 light years away the transmission would be 10 years old before it reached us. Conversation might be painfully slow;

"Hi"

(10 years later) "Hi, who are you?"

edit on 16-12-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: tidy up.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I would love to see how the Vatican is going to baptise microbial aliens ..

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Well if Jesus would return he'd be a zombie not an alien. Or a moving skeletton and pretty dusty.

@SirKonstantin: I share the feeling, I'd love to have alien contact. We'll have to wait. At least the possibility for aliens will be less ridiculed then. When mainstream science comes around to say it is likely, one day we'll stumble over some new friends...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Seems pretty pretentious to assume that aliens wouldn't be baptized in the name of their own Alien sky alien first. Let's not start an alien crusade lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Star Trek has prepared us more for alien contact than NASA! After all, they have the "Prime Directive".
edit on 16-12-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

That would be hilarious...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The conference was interesting. I have hope that the truth embargo will be lifted soon, but I think this will likely unravel much more slowly.

I believe that we have been visited for thousands of years, maybe predating our existence. I fully believe that there has been a cover-up. So,there are factions who will continue to resist the truth.

It will a "slow release" disclosure. Perhaps NASA announces microbial life in our solar system, thrn signs of advanced life light years away, and then over a period of disclosures we will learn the truth. Measured doses. Respond and react. Time released truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

...that is Agenda 21 is progress....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Uh, uuuggghhhh, Sarcasm.....uggggggggh....lol

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Wonderful Reply, Love it!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

in a holy, deep-fryer.lol

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantinThere is little to no doubt left that there is in fact "Alien" life, here, and out there. But, there is a huge question that remains, intentions.

There is without a doubt a very large, covert, effort underway to disarm the public. Is this somehow connected to "disclosure"? After all, we can't have someone in the crowd shooting the "Alien" ambassador, now can we?

I get the feeling that there never will be a "Disclosure", and a certain group of aliens have absolutely no intention of disclosing their existence, or, covert intentions. One reason for this may be as simple as the question that would be put forth to them, "why have you hidden yourselves from us, in the first place".

My point is this, no matter how many hoops we jump through, no matter how many weapons we destroy, no matter how many spiritual revisions we go through, they have no intentions on disclosing their most hidden truth, to us.

Truth, no matter how old or hidden, does not belong to one person, group, species, it belongs to all who quest for it. And if these "Aliens" can not share the complete truth with us, then we definitely need to reconsider their intentions.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I agree. But by that time happens, mass genocide. Silver-lining, the survivors live on an Earth utopia???

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

I would take a guess and say that their intentions would be negative at first, a sort of "baptism" on us...then they would re-build a better society. We the truth is free.

Planetary enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Nah, I have faith in my fellow humans. I truly want to believe we're mature enough to reconsider our values once we reach a point when it becomes undeniable we can't go on like this forever. Mass-genocide should be something we've left behind us already. But I have some days I want to kill everybody, so maybe not that mature. And in general, the ones left probably would be the worst, most brutal and bloodthirsty, imagine all the cute little nerds in a fall-out scenario. So no, if we'd let a doom scenario happen, it would be (again) a big step back. And no aliens would help us, because it would be definite proof we're animals.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Who knows, God may have been part of the alien mindset going back eons. Who are we to limit God's actions or influence universally. Making statements / presuppositions about how an alien culture may view our deities is just as ignorant as your outright denial of the beliefs of the majority on our own planet (be they Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc...).

Nobody is forcing all of you atheists to believe in God, or any other deity. Please don't prejudge their capacity for others to think and believe, be they aliens or human, something that you do not.

PS: SirKonstantin, nowhere in the Bible does it say God stopped His creation with the earth. As a matter of fact Genesis 1.1 states " In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Hmmm, the heavens too?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You brought to my attention a solid fact. The nerds, weaklings, crippled, house hermits will all perish. Leaving the strong, yet, malicious mentality behind.
What i was trying to get across what that, with alien intervention, the strong will be monitored until another age of enlightenment occurs, prolly a lot sooner tool.

Sometimes you need to take a step back, set up your position to leap forward....????
edit on th41Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:41:59 -0600K2014125931am12 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: palg1

I agree,

There are life among the stars. Heck, maybe right next door too.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why is the majority of you focusing on the 'baptisim' comment? I'm sure it was meant to be taken tongue in cheek.
What he probably meant was he's be happy to share our culture, as we would share ours with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join