posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:14 AM
Idea or not...
With the advent of another possible change to how ATS works that seems to need more revenue to become more secure, some members have shown their
willingness to donate, but this limits the revenue to those who have the facility to do so and those who can afford to. As one of those who doesn't
fit into either of those catagories I've been racking my brains as to how 100% of the membership can contribute so came up with this:
Could we start a new kind of forum to create videos for Youtube and the ATS Channel where revenue can be generated constantly by the site advertising
and increase over time?
We all (should) know that ATS has regular news videos giving information and opinions on current events (NLBS) but what about the good old favorites
when it comes to conspiracy theories? There are so many out there but original content with the amount of intelligent imput we all could give would be
The template style O.P. would allow staff members, "editors" if you like, to construct videos with the imput of all members and all existing threads
and information available here and elsewhere. Lots of facts, narration by those who currently do the "NLBS" videos and the opportunity to create the
most "definative" and watchable clips on Youtube for those interested in the topics we share here. NOT incorporating 2nd hand videos but snippets
perhaps as these videos would be thoroughbred ATS and very stylised.
Really not sure how it might work but just felt I had to put this out there. Here's a brief format of how it may be possible:
1. Thread started on subject by staff with set format of basic info as introduction and start point for the topic.
2. Opening thread constantly updated with information, existing threads, sources, opinions, discussion etc provided by all.
3. Edited outline of video content like a storyboard provided in O.P. after discussion by all to iron out kinks, fact checking etc.
4. Creation of the video with agreed/finalised content.
5. Posting of video on ATS for further scrutiny and editing if needed.
6. Upload of video to our ATS Youtube Channel for the world to see and learn. "Definative" (barr supplemental updates) by the world's greatest
experts who "DENY IGNORANCE".
7. More revenue from advertising on Youtube.
8. More members joining ATS.
9. Higher traffic here and increased revenue to this site via it's own advertising.
10. Enough money generated by ALL to combat all the mud that is flung this way.
11. Improved reputation and the ability for this site to really shine and show it really is THE place to come.
Something like this would also be a great opportunity for members to revisit some of the classics and really get back into what this place was
originally born from while taking an active roll in each creation. Also, unlike current affairs, each video would be timeless and views would grow
over time. Perhaps one per month would allow ample time for creation and ensure a proffessional end product.
I really hate advertising after being in that business for so many years but I love this place enough to put my personal distaste aside for a greater
good and try to help find what is needed.
So...worth considering or just pie in the sky?