It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Web - My Response

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I just finished watching The Golden Web three-part video series and have conflicting feelings about my experience. On the one hand, I am completely blown away by the information this guy represents. He appears to be a highly intelligent, rational and knowledgeable individual. But the information he shares is so seemingly fantastical that I cannot commit to saying I definitively believe him - nor do I want to.

The Golden Web - Part 1
The Golden Web - Part 2
The Golden Web - Part 3

The information he shares, if truthful, is shocking to say the least. Not utterly ground-breaking, but very disturbing. I encourage everybody with an open-mind and a spare ~7 hours (broken up into 3 separate videos) to watch it and judge for themselves. I was not able to sit through the whole thing in one session (nor do I recommend it as there is A LOT of information to take in), but over 3 different nights I watched each video before bed.

Anyway, to the video. From this point on I will be discussing aspects of the videos, so if you don't want to be influenced by my views on and interpretations of the series, stop reading and go watch it!

While it is very hard to give a concise summary of the series, I will try my best and describe it as follows: a guy who has done extensive research into the etymology of words and their usage, explains many pieces of occult knowledge elaborately, and puts forth the contention that this whole existence is a Matrix-type construct we are stuck in.

Topics he touches on include: the Moon, secret societies, religion, origin of life, the nature of reality and the sad truth behind the nature of our existence, the monetary system/commerce, our controllers, energy and a range of other topics which I have probably forgotten.

Did anybody else watch this series, and if so, what are your thoughts?

edit on 16/12/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Flagged. Might take a while till I'm done watching.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry but i can't take this guy seriously, he is all over the place!

Like the part about English words having double meanings, this would only make sense in a small part of the world.
What would be the point anyway?

I tried to keep watching but i simply can't..

I mean, does he ever mention how he came up with all this stuff?
I'm guessing he either watched a few trippy movies or ''channeled'' it.
edit on 16-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Skaffa

What's hard to believe about words having double meanings? Look up the English definition of a word and you will find many examples of dictionaries listing different meanings for the same word.

For example, look up the word "set" in the dictionary and tell me how many different meanings/uses it has.

Dictionary.com

edit on 16/12/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Of course words can have multiple meanings, but he is telling us these words were invented by evil gods.. well that's where i stopped watching.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Like I said in the opening post, viewing of this series requires an open-mind.

You need to suspend preconceived notions and be willing to entertain a concept without necessarily accepting it.

It's hard to do after experiencing heavy conditioning, but it can be done.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
At 2:45 he says "Templar" is SPANISH for "key"
Not not at all. Never has been to the extent of my knowledge.
The spanish word for key is "clave" templar translates to Templario.
Sorry but if you fu%k up so bad in the first 3 minutes, hard to think the rest will have anything of value.
I will edit this post as i continue to listen, but already i think it's gonna be a load of bull.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Has nothing to do with my ''conditioning'', i'm usually pretty interested in these kinds of things although i can't actually believe in them unless i experience it all for myself or there is absolutely no other possibility.

Everything he talks about.. i have thought about.

But how does this random guy know all the secrets to the universe?

Also his voice just.. puts me off for some reason. He sounds quite young and arrogant.

And it's youtube ffs!
edit on 16-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You are entitled to your views. If the video does not register with you on some level, then maybe stop watching it. But I do encourage you to give it a chance by at least watching it halfway through the first video.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Alright, i will when i get the opportunity.

I'll throw everything i think i know out of the window, I'll give him a chance.. and then I'll state my honest opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Flagged and watching as we speak.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think I started to a few weeks back, ill check the link. I wanted to post because I just posted in another thread and thought my post was fitting here since you bring up Matrix.

I think all things and all possibilities of things happen all at once and time is illusion or a perception our soul receives through the filters of our meat sacks to put it simply.

Take our eyes for instance, we can only see through a very finite wavelength. We don't see infrared or many others, they are filtered out. We can't hear what dogs hear. We can't sense/taste/smell/detect magnetism like birds do when they migrate. If we were capable of doing all these things our senses would be bombarded and we would go into overload and incapable of moving. That's just comparing us to animals around us, now, add concepts on quantum mechanics and allow us to see all possibilities prior to observation.

No, I think we are, or rather, I think our bodies are like computers capable of reading universal code and receiving the data as you would looking at your computer screen. Otherwise you'd be like Neo.

As above so below. Nothing exists that hasn't existed already. That includes computers....they've always been here. Catch my drift?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Folks, you want to get an idea of what you're in for, skip to 16:00. I promise , most of you will shut it off at about 16:30.I clicked ahead on the video, sometimes I do that to catch a random sample of the subject. He was talking about Gatorade being "Reptilian R Complex assistance", then goes on about we were created by the Annunaki to mine gold.
That's enough for me.
edit on 16-12-2014 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was bored so I'm over half an hour in. I generally do not give these videos the time of day BUT I do have to say something...

I have no clue (as does no one else truly) if anything like this is possible. I don't personally buy what he is selling but geez... The connections some of these folks come up with is amazing in some respects. If they put their mind to something else to this extent, who knows??

At this point, I can't look away. It's like a car wreck. He just keeps coming up with phonetic similiarities and I am now curious as to how many he can actually come up with.

If nothing else that's worth the price of admission.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I haven't watched the videos yet, but from the OP and others responses here it seems that this person may hold a rather Solipsistic viewpoint. While not necessarily a bad thing, it should be an interesting watch. I'm posting here so I can remember to watch this when I get home this morning.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Folks, you want to get an idea of what you're in for, skip to 16:00. I promise , most of you will shut it off at about 16:30.I clicked ahead on the video, sometimes I do that to catch a random sample of the subject. He was talking about Gatorade being "Reptilian R Complex assistance", then goes on about we were created by the Annunaki to mine gold.
That's enough for me.

That's the easy way out of having to ask yourself whether there might be some truth to what he is saying. I admit that it is very fantastical, the things he says, and your automatic reaction is to do what you did. Find one of the outlandish claims and use that to discredit the validity of the whole video. This is why, if what he says happens to be truthful, things will never change. Remember, you can entertain an idea (watch the whole thing in full) without having to accept it as truthful.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I didn't say I shut it off after 30 seconds, I gave a sample of what nonsense it was.
There was plenty more, I just didn't include all of it. He was making up words and meanings, like Doctor means docked oar, Doctors using electric current and that has some connection to currents in the sea, Doctors perform surgery, which is surge - ery, once again trying make some connection to electricity. Apple Ipods somehow are an analogy to the apple in the Garden of Eden.
Yeah, he's just full of insights.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Nah, nice idea, but he is already making mistakes in his premise, the seven steps in musicis an octave and contains eight notes, also the "templar" in spanish, as some one mentioned and what the hell has the world language to do with China? Sounds very much like bruttaly cross-referenceing and drawing connections were none are. Do that myself sometimes, but this is just silly and boring. And the distingished gentleman doesn't like to make infotainment emphasizing it like that isn't exactly what the word means, while presenting non-facts, just unentertaining delusions... Just:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I started to watch but to be honest the Buddha wouldn't have the patience to watch these videos. Plus Octo means 8, that put me off straight away.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Another poster mentioned it already, but 'templar' is not Spanish for key in it's noun form. Templar in Spanish is what basic Spanish classes will refer to as a "shoe verb", meaning it takes on slightly different forms depending on the subject.

Templo - I
Templas - You
Templa - He/She
Templamos - We
etc

The word means essentially the same thing as the english phrase "to moderate". Warm up, cool down, to calm, to restrain, to tune, to tighten...all of these are phrases where templar would be appropriate in the Spanish language.

It's very hard to take this kind of extraordinary information as factual if the simple things are shown to be misleading straight out of the gate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join