It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something going on in Atlanta?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am sitting on my front porch at home and hear a bunch of helicopters near the highway. Is anyone else near Fulton County that sees anything?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok...narrow it down to sandy springs...there are now police sirens blowing from my north and south....anyone nearby that has seen or heard anything?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Quiet on the south side ( Stockbridge ). Sandy Springs is pretty upscale - might be a fugitive chase.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i saw what appeared to be a black plume coming up from Lockheed Dobbins at about 2:00pm. I have a heard a few helicopters in Marietta and some airplane traffic. Have you heard anything else?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Are there any new developments? I can't find anything on the net. Perhaps a drill is happening? Kind of strange there wouldn't be much coverage on the internet imo.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Never did find out what it was. I heard sirens coming from a few directions and all seemed to be headed toward/near 285/75 connector or close to thereabout. Sounded like at least 3 or more helicopters in the air, and the sirens went on for as long as I waited outside....probably 45 minutes or so.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Where there's a drill, there's a fire.

Hope it's nothing.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Where there's a drill, there's a fire.

Hope it's nothing.

Couldn't have been anything big I guess because no news has been reported on it. The response was pretty wild though. It started with multiple helicopters that I could hear in the distance, then about 5 minutes in I started to hear sirens going off to the north and south of me, then heard more as the minuted passed. All seemed to be headed in the same direction.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No idea. Maybe they wanted to see how fast they can respond? Or maybe someone pressed the wrong button. "You mean that's the emergency system?! I just wanted a coffee!!!!"

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I lived in that general area for over 20 years ( Duluth, right on the North Fulton County border ) and whenever there were a ton of choppers and sirens it usually meant that a house had been robbed and the suspect was at large but being pursued. I knew a lot of the local cops back in those days.

It's just one of those fear based things - the northern and more upscale cities trying to keep Atlanta level crime from moving in.

Unfortunately my sister married a guy from the southside and I moved this direction to be closer to her and her kids. Down here there could be a triple murder next door and I wouldn't even know it unless somebody posted it to ATS. LOL

There wouldn't be anything more than some flashing lights without sirens for a bit and maybe some police tape.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I lived in that general area for over 20 years ( Duluth, right on the North Fulton County border ) and whenever there were a ton of choppers and sirens it usually meant that a house had been robbed and the suspect was at large but being pursued. I knew a lot of the local cops back in those days.

It's just one of those fear based things - the northern and more upscale cities trying to keep Atlanta level crime from moving in.

Unfortunately my sister married a guy from the southside and I moved this direction to be closer to her and her kids. Down here there could be a triple murder next door and I wouldn't even know it unless somebody posted it to ATS. LOL

There wouldn't be anything more than some flashing lights without sirens for a bit and maybe some police tape.

Gotcha...and yeah that makes sense, except that this sounded like it was coming from the Cobb side of the area, and they are known for being overkill.

I am in Sandy Springs and the police here are pretty cool actually....not typically over the top as are the other local PD's around. They went private after 2005 when SS was incorporated.

Big props to moving closer to family....that is why I am back in SS.....parents have been here for 30+ years and are getting to the point they need help....they also help with our kids when we aren't home....saves on having to pay a sitter or something.

top topics

join