It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ascension: Syfy new show...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Just watched the primer, anyone else?
All I gotta say is WOW!!! What a mindfrak!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Will it be on Hulu or on the SyFy.com? I cut cable TV quite awhile ago and one of the reason was that SyFy wasn't showing anything decent. Nor the Discovery Channel, History Channel etc...

I'll take your word for it for now.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

it should be on the syfy website after tomorrow probably

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Missed it, should have recorded it. Is it anything like the series resurrection?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
Never watched it...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I am currently waiting for it to be posted as a torrent.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Great storyline. The ending is really fraked up. Thank god there wasn't any tornadoes with sharks.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Damn, I just remembered they wanted to shoot this show on a property I own and I forgot to return the call to their location scout.

#$&$*#$(#!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Lol u must be pissed

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

Lol u must be pissed

Yep,

Partly the fault of my business partner as he was pushing for more money from them. We have done it in the past for far less amounts, both TV shows and Music Videos, but he's a bit of a greedy ass, so unless he feels like he is draining people for all their money I guess he doesn't see it as a good deal. Personally I just appreciate the nostalgia.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

What other shows / videos were filmed there? That's pretty cool, you must have nice property.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I tried watching the show, the premise is really cool no doubt, but honestly I had to turn it off. The acting was horrible and everyone was overly dramatic, not to mention there were several things that wouldn't make much sense for such a journey (unskilled "lower deck" people?) I'd think in this type of mission everyone would need to be fairly well educated and having the equivalent of people shoveling coal into boilers seemed a bit... silly.

I have missed some of it, so I may have missed explanations for some of the issues I saw, but overall I just couldn't get into it. I think once it's over I'll read a synopsis as I am really interested in the story but just couldn't past actually watching it. Soap opera in space could have been an accurate title for the way those people act.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Stunk. Murder / Mystery right off the bat. Yawn.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

I didnt get that part either.
It shows you that even if you have a particular skillset, youre still considered 'lower deck trash', and you also have your 'upper deck' elites.

Cant ever get away from the stink of elitisim

I do like that Caprica 6 is in it

edit on 12/17/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I watched all three of the episodes and I can say this is a pretty damn good show. I had figured out halfway through the first one that they were still on earth because they were trying to be realistic in the experiment yet they had gravity so I figured it would be pretty standard from that point on but in the third episode I have to give it to them that this show is good. I didn't see the end being like that. So this is going to be an ongoing series with a good cast. Reminds me of battlestar level writing.
edit on 19-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

What other shows / videos were filmed there? That's pretty cool, you must have nice property.
Your average TV shows, stuff that is in the slot just below or after the primetime hit. We had one that was pretty up there, and another project with a couple big names, but I find the bigger it is, the bigger contract they hand you for non disclosure...

0.o

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

yeah I had the same misgivings about the show as well and that's what I told my Uncle because he was telling me about it, and I might like it form the conspiracy angle. I was telling him its just over glorified soap opera with people just different people hooking up with each other. And they cant let this person know that were together and this and that.

But the third episode kind of puts it together and changes everything, and I really like the actor who plays the young XO commander. Mr Gold was his name?? a lot happens in that episode to make you say okay this could be something.,

Does anyone know if this show is coming back??

top topics

join