It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown families to announce lawsuit against gunmaker

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: NOTurTypical

According to the attorney's, they found a loophole. A documentation from WW1 that says the AR15 is meant for trained military and war, not private citizens. So we will see.

No, Armalite made very few rifles for the military. Then sold the rights to Colt, which changed that design to SEMI-AUTOMATIC for sale to the public. And this rifle was first on the market in 1963. Almost 50 years after WWI.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

According to the attorney's, they found a loophole. A documentation from WW1 that says the AR15 is meant for trained military and war, not private citizens. So we will see.

Correct me if I am wrong, but, the AR-15 was not invented until about 1958. So, how can a WWI document (WWI ended in 1918) reference a gun that would not be invented for another 40 years? Talk about having future vision

edit on 12/17/2014 by Krakatoa because: added additional content

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No military in the world carries the 'AR-15'.

It is NOT designed for it.

Different specs.Different tolerances.

Every single military in the world carries select fire, with FULL AUTO capability.

If those lawyers are calling an AR-15 an assault weapon based on nothing,but it's looks ?

They are as ignorant as the politicians who coined the term.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Correct me if I am wrong, but, the AR-15 was not invented until about 1958.

Sorta wrong. The Armalie military rifle design was sold to Colt, and that was redesigned as a semi-automatic rifle to sell to the public. The first Colt SA rifle off the Armalite design was sold to the public in 1963.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The AR15 was never designed for military usage. It is not used by the US military. The M16, or direct impingement was not available for WW1.

You are about as informed on firearms as you are laws, and the rights of others.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: MOMof3

The AR15 was never designed for military usage. It is not used by the US military. The M16, or direct impingement was not available for WW1.

You are about as informed on firearms as you are laws, and the rights of others.

That's inaccurate. The first Armalite (AR15) was sold to the US military as a small arms rifle. The company ran into financial problems and sold the design to Colt who redesigned it and sold that rifle to the military as the M-16. But you are 100% correct that the version sold to the public was not the M-16 with a select fire, but a simple semi-automatic design which was first available in 1963.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Correct me if I am wrong, but, the AR-15 was not invented until about 1958.

Sorta wrong. The Armalie military rifle design was sold to Colt, and that was redesigned as a semi-automatic rifle to sell to the public. The first Colt SA rifle off the Armalite design was sold to the public in 1963.

As I understand it, the AR-15 is a "child" of the AR-10. This new development by Armalite was in 1958. It was not semi-auto, and never sold well, let alone in large number to the military. It was only after the sale to Colt, when it was again redesigned (but kept the same designation of AR-15) was it put into full production. The military version became the M-16 in the mid 60's, which,a s you said, had select fire and full auto modes (along with a lot of other under-the-covers design changes to meet mil specs).

In it's purest form, the AR-15 was born in 1958.....a full 40 years after the end of WWI. (which was the point of my initial response post)

edit on 12/17/2014 by Krakatoa because: Added more details

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The model started as the "M16".

The M16 was designed for strictly military usage. The Armalite company sold the rights to the semi-auto version, the "AR15".

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Every single military in the world carries select fire, with FULL AUTO capability.

in the interest of accuracy, i would need to argue with this claim..

standard issue for the USMC is the M16A4, which has a safe/semi/burst configuration...

USARMY is still using M16A3, primarily, which uses the same configuration..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I doubt you'd accept anything as 'proof' of anything. As I said, believe what you want. I'm in favor of freedom of thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

So no proof and only freedom of thought. Just not real proof or real freedoms.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

In it's purest form, the AR-15 was born in 1958.....a full 40 years after the end of WWI. (which was the point of my initial response post)

We are not in disagreement there. Armalite designed and sold their rifle initially to the US military as a small arms rifle. They has some financial problems and sold the AR15 design to Colt, it was Colt who redesigned the rifle and sold it to the military as the M-16. But initially Armalite did sell the rifle to the military. But again, the rifle manufactured and sold to the public was NEVER the military spec version, it was only a semi-automatic version. Which is not in any way a violation of Federal law.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Parthin

The only 'bloodmoney' is the profits Bushmaster rakes in every year selling weapons to us that most people shouldn't have access to. Gun manufacturers are not our friends. Gun manufacturers are anti-unity, anti-community, anti-American. The profits of the gun manufacturers go up, WAY UP, when there's social un-rest. So it's in their best interest to keep our society at odds with each other. Seems pretty simple to me. But I'll bet the pretty simple amoung ATS just won't get it. One of the biggest conspiracies ever, and the conspiracy nuts here are blind to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

so, in other words: "i just wanna talk out of my ass, without having to substantiate anything"

have i got that about right?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

so, wait...you're saying gun manufacturers are responsible for ferguson, aurora, and sandy hook....because they wanna sell more guns?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Look, I've known you for quite some time and respect your contributions, but in this instance your info isn't 100% accurate. Here is a PDF from Armalite themselves on the history of the AR-10 and AR-15:

www.armalite.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The only 'bloodmoney' is the profits Bushmaster rakes in every year selling weapons to us that most people shouldn't have access to.

That's nonsense. Read the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
I hope they win. If the gunmakers have to pay big..they will go crying to the government.

Which in turn would make it harder for just anybody to get guns..which is a good thing.

Would anyone allow a child to stay with someone if they had a history of mental illness? Of course not....so why should that not apply to guns?

LOL There is one in every crowd ! No clue, I thought this was about Deny Ignorance. The last sentence is .......... well... Precious.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well, guess I was incorrect.

Stoner designed the DI gun, which ran many different "AR" nomenclature based models.

The AR did not see combat via the US military, was sold commercially for a bit and then the DI system was sold. The company it was sold it to gave it the "M16" model/nomenclature and off it went.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What we can all agree on is the claim by the other member that there is some documentation from WWI that Armalite said their AR platform rifles were never intended to be used for the general public. That's complete nonsense.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join