It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: ISIS are ready to launch their reign of terror with SCORPION BOMBS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

That's ok...

We can bomb them back with pork belly, bacon, hot dogs and pork chops...

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
And the Scorpions are my favorite band too.
Damn!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

hahahah i was laughing already at how stupid the weapon was but then your post came along well played

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Really? Scorpion guts? This is the mind # weaponry of the future? ahahaha!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Joke all you want, it actually was a thing...
www.smithsonianmag.com...
www.wondersandmarvels.com...

In antiquity the common technique was to verrrrrry carefully spit on the business end of the scorpion. But that requires nerves of steel and perfect aim. Resorting to a method unavailable to the ancient desert-dwellers in Iraq, they placed the scorpions in a refrigerator to induce torpor before each photo session. The resulting photograph and X-ray of the replica scorpion bomb of Hatra was a smashing success and one of my favorite souvenirs of this book.

As said in the OP's article, it's psychological warfare. A prior post in this thread mentioned pig's blood... same damn thing, really. There's absolutely no logical reason drizzling pig blood on an enemy would be considered anything other than a reason to go wash up a bit, but if any country fighting ISIS had the cajones to do it the uproar and furor would be deafening because it would be a purely psychological weapon.

edit on 15-12-2014 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Better break out the "Holy Hand Gernade"
www.youtube.com...

It is comical..With oil down I guess these douchbags are running out of money..maybee running out of ideas too.
OOOOHHHH scorpion bomb
..lmao. Seriously though Japan might of been about as close as you could get in useing this type of weapon via plague infected flea bombs(more a dispensing device than bomb).

edit on 15-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Greek Fire, Poison Arrows and Scorpion Bombs. -Adrienne Mayor.

What will they rip off next? Sticks and stones will break my bones?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This sort of reminds me of the story I read last week, where Afghan police thought Al Quaeda was using "bird bombs". They shot and killed a bird with an antenna and what they thought was a bomb strapped to it. Turns out it was an endangered species wearing a tracking device from some conservation group...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Its ok we been painting out bullets and bombs with pig blood for decades now. Not a one of em got their virgins.

General Pershing did that during the Muslim uprising in the Philippines, early 1900's, caught fifty of them, tied them to stakes, then dug a pit, scattered pigs blood about, coated the ammo with pigs blood, shot 49 of the Muslims, three them in the pit, scattered more pigs blood on them, then released the 50'th man, did not have any trouble after that for tens of years. (you can find that in google, if you care to look)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff
I googled it and the 1st sources say nope..urban legend. Interesting concept nonetheless..I doubt it would be effective.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

ROFL! what next, camel spider-nado?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

i don't know why, but i can't stop laughing at this...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Drop a whole bunch of pigs on them ..that will get them running ..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

i don't know why, but i can't stop laughing at this...

Right? Here is the first article I read claiming the Taliban had loaded a bird with explosives. It's from the Daily Mail, but several major news sources were reporting the same thing. If you search Google, you can find the follow ups stating it was just a tracking collar, clearly labeled witb the conservation group's name. Spoiler: The 'explosives' were a result of them shooting the tiny lithium battery that powered the thing.
edit on 12/17/2014 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A scorpion bomb? Really?

Has ISIS really stooped to "Cobra Commander" of G.I. Joe fame levels of absurdity when it comes to new weapon designs?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I wouldnt be to scared of ISIS because its just a mere distraction to whats really going to happen. ISIS is apart of the The Muslim brother Hood and very well push the destruction of USA.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Reminds me of the WW2 Bat bombs. They never came to be in the battlefield but we did spend two million on development of the nutty idea. Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose, definitely thinking outside the box.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join