It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Exodus:Gods and Kings..... a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My GF and I just got back from seeing "Exodus"....Holy Moses, what a terrible movie.

Ridly Scotts pretentious product of a movie with plenty of great CGI but no vision, corny screenplay, and some of the
most lame performances by most of the principal actors. Christian Bale as Moses....really? Mr. Bale in the right role is unparalleled but
in this film he just didn't pull it off.

For visual effects this film excelled but thats not enough. If they would have spent a little more time on making a a decent scrip would have been the place to start. It sounded more like a B western than a Biblical "epic"....

edit on 15-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It had to be, Olaru. Flag and star for you, thumbs down on
the script and ensemble as well with you.
Hollywood had to drop some guys in the Nile so the crocs
could get them. There, that's red enough I guess. Can those
bozos out in CA and elsewhere stick to the original narrative
once per century?
Good line from Christian in the middle to Pharaoh though,
"..DON'T turn your back on ME!" They did grow up as brothers:
and Joel's look off the shoulder (aka You're Pushing It) was priceless...
best part of the film other than Sir Ben propping up a lot of it.

I think the tide's going out on this one long before Boxing Day.

EDIT: After consideration of this being my first viewing of a
movie in 3D; all I got for it was some good disorientation taking
a smoke break after 1:50 in (they were just underway maybe
foraging for a Wendy's). That, and an extra dimension of lame.
I did get to see the faceoff in the middle of the gouge between
the ex-brothers as the super water was crashing in, too bad
there. And in which the heck edition of the Old Tess was THAT one?

edit on 15-12-2014 by derfreebie because: Semicircular canard?
No: EXODUS caused the motion sickness

edit on 15-12-2014 by derfreebie because: Too late-- I bought tickets on a Sunday. Bad call

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I guess that's to be expected from Ridley Scott, who calls himself an atheist.

The hidden agenda behind the movie lots is all too obvious.

After all, they are owned by the same people who owns all of the MSM.

Ever wonder why it's called 'programming'?

Mass media is the most powerful tool used by the ruling class to manipulate the masses. It shapes and molds opinions and attitudes and defines what is normal and acceptable.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I wanna direct the exodus story that involves aliens (playing the role of God) and alienships testing out new technology on a population (the disease and infestations) along with Moses and his people following the alien ship that uses technology to create a pillar of fire to protect them and anti-grav tech to part the seas.

Now that would be a movie I would go see.

I ain't bothering with Exodus though.....the fact he couldnt be bothered getting Morgan Freeman, Lawrence Fishburne, Samuel L Jackson and all the other great black actors so it could atleast look more authentic is, well, evidence in itself the movie was gonna be #e.
edit on 15-12-2014 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up... maybe I'll catch it on cable in a year... late at night... with nothing better to do... and inebriated beyond matters of taste... or if paid to!

Too bad... usually like Ridley's flicks... well, Alien was amazing, anyway, and Gladiator was, at the least, a spectacle.

Any director can lay the occasional egg, though, given bad scripts and/or miscasting... as you said.

Bale as Moses... yeah... or rather, no.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The Bible is full of western white man names so its only right that the movie has no factual basis either.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You know why Egypt baned that movie? Because of historical mistakes.

I wont speak in behalf of Egypt, but from the very ancient years in my country, it was a huge insult to have jews slaves. Jews never been slaves, nobody wanted them even as slaves.

For those who read this comment and they conclude that I speak about Israelis, NO I DONT.

Today israelis are Khazaars. True jews are scandinavian rutes. Rotchilds ancestor took advantage of Khazaars in 760ac (after christ age) and made a deal with their king Chan. Jews offer them power and recognition, if they praised the jewish god Yahbeh. Before Rotchilds become Rotchilds, their original surename was Bauer. They run several of companies in germany. The today flag of Israelis was the logo of their company. Mr. Bauer also robbed all the gold from Chan and Khazaars, by adding taxes later on for the jewish god... lol

all the gold transfered in Germany and therefore in their pockets. Today people thing all these sci-fi movies as biblical, it is not... it is totally sci-fi, what jews wish to be.

Now that movie, comes with the mask of "Biblical" and tries to re-write history as always... that jews built the pyramids.. AND THAT IS A LIE... jews is a result of abominations, a mixture and never considered as a race in any ancient book, never considered as a generation of humans, not even as slaves. All these things are written but in original languanges, not sure about latin or english, because all the translations and manipulations are filtered by jews... so you learn what they want you to learn.
edit on 3-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Watched the movie in 3-d. I gotta say the matrix had to force me to watch it that way. I really really did not want to sit there for 3 hrs with them cardboard cutout red and blue eyed glasses on.

I saw they were like sunglasses the 3-d glasses were and that made it more tolerable. the previews started in 3-d and that was selling it.

I gotta say that the slaves actually wasn't jews until they had moved into israel and had manifested destiny. The initial slaves of the egyptians followed the same religious sect the egyptians did.

Common sense tells you that a people enslaved by another people for 400 yrs that they are going to be the same as the egyptains down to the letter. At that point they most likely ain't even full blooded anymore.

So yeah they ain't jews until they reach the holy land.

Anyway I'm buying the dvd when it comes out and it's one of my favorite movies!

I just wish the kid they used to be short and weak physique to give anunnaki fans the silhouette of a grey alien talking to moses was actually a grey alien talking to moses!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Israel is a very modern, 50 years old title, never existed before... It comes out from ISIS RA and Yahbeh (EL).
edit on 3-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join