It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm Joe, today on NLBS, I can't talk." So Ask Me Anything instead...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: theNLBS

Was that you on the RM?

What do you like better, two stroke or four?

Favorite make and model?

Did/do you race?

Do you have any Kawasakis in your garage?

If no, why the hell not?

RM? Yes that was me on the white KDX filming.

Two-Stroke

I like technical trail riding so I'm a huge fan of the Kawasaki KDX.

I wanted to do an race...

A 94 KDX is sitting in my friends garage ATM because i live in a apartment.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Dirtbikes, guns, Bacon and beer. 'Merica!

This is what should be on money.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Man up and get the new NLBS episode out the door, Joe. Use a combination of subtitles and interpretive dance. I'd suggest doing a squatting shuffle with both hands in a "Hang Loose" gesture, thumbs placed solidly against temples with pinkies pointing upward be incorporated each time you call out serious BS...

Serious question: How collaborative is an episode of NLBS? (In other words, how many researchers, writers, and reviewers are actually involved in the average episode?)

HAHA, I guess I could use flash cards :-P

There are just 2 people, myself included, involved in the production of NLBS. It would be awesome to be able to pay to have more people involved to help with the research to crank out more episodes. That will hopefully come with time.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I have a question Joe, if you would not mind casting an eye over it.

Yourself, and he who shall remain nameless, formless, and most mighty, have done a bang up job so far, and I love where you are going with the format so far, but my question to you, is where do you see this going? What do you want to be able to say in five years, looking back on the present, how would you ultimately like the NLBS to be referenced...historically?
edit on 15-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: corrected flawed detail

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Yourself, and he who shall remain nameless, formless, and most mighty, have done a bang up job so far

He OR she, right, TB?

Joe, I loved the dirt bike video. My husband rides a KLR. Now I have one more thing to worry about when he's out...

My question: What is your goal or hope in doing the NLBS videos? I know... exposing BS, one turd at a time, but do you hope to become more mainstream? Maybe have a segment on a TV show or have your own show? Or do your professional goals lie in another area?

I guess that's kind of similar to TrueBrit's question...

Feel better.
edit on 12/15/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Joe. If worst comes to worst, will you do the shirtless calender to raise funds for ATS?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I have a question Joe, if you would not mind casting an eye over it.

Yourself, and he who shall remain nameless, formless, and most mighty, have done a bang up job so far, and I love where you are going with the format so far, but my question to you, is where do you see this going? What do you want to be able to say in five years, looking back on the present, how would you ultimately like the NLBS to be referenced...historically?

Nameless and formless no more. It's Skeptic Overlord and also my dad

I would like this to be a full on journalistic operation where people come to us for the facts because of our history of verification.

In 5 years, I think it would be awesome to have a dedicated team that cranks out episodes every day and some type of longer form, Vice style, video once a week. Then I can look back and admire how much i improved with delivering the information.

That last question is a hard. How would I like NLBS to be referenced historically? Geez, I think it would be awesome that it shook people out of their laziness and made them take some action. Maybe even inspire others to be journalists.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Yourself, and he who shall remain nameless, formless, and most mighty, have done a bang up job so far

He OR she, right, TB?

Joe, I loved the dirt bike video. My husband rides a KLR. Now I have one more thing to worry about when he's out...

My question: What is your goal or hope in doing the NLBS videos? I know... exposing BS, one turd at a time, but do you hope to become more mainstream? Maybe have a segment on a TV show or have your own show? Or do your professional goals lie in another area?

Feel better.

Nah, TV broadcast is so old school already. It would be cool to have an interactive app on your TV or entertainment system; ie Xbox, PS4 or Roku. Where you can dive into additional content and beam stories or studies to your tablet immediately.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Joe. If worst comes to worst, will you do the shirtless calender to raise funds for ATS?

Ha! Sure, I've already done a bachelor auction once for charity. This calendar idea seems a lot less stressful.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

He OR she, right, TB?

Feel better.

Nah, TV broadcast is so old school already. It would be cool to have an interactive app on your TV or entertainment system; ie Xbox, PS4 or Roku. Where you can dive into additional content and beam stories or studies to your tablet immediately.

They already have that its called Youtube.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What is the capital of Assyria?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

He OR she, right, TB?

Feel better.

They already have that its called Youtube.

The YouTube app for Xbox / Roku / TV is frustratingly terrible! Sure you can search, but you can't subscribe, vote or click links, without have the device linked to tablet or phone. With Roku, the typical way to go is to download the SDK and build a channel.

The youtube app is GREAT but it's limited on third party devices.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Have you considered a mullet.

Had one for a few months when growing my hair out. Was not attractive and friends made fun of it.

I remember that!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hi Joe...

Get well soon

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

:O So you are Joe, son of Skeppy? In northern Europe, would you therefore be called Joe Skeppyson?

Awesome!

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question, and I like your vision for the future! I hope you manage to realise it in full! I hope that your throat condition improves with all due haste, so that you can get about setting these grand plans in motion! I think the idea of creating longer shows, as well as more frequent episodes, is a fantastic goal to aim for, and I know that if anyone can pull it off while keeping it "real" as the kids used to say, its you!

Keep up the sterling work, and get well soon!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hope you feel better soon.

- How's it feel working so closely with your dad? Some serious family bonding going on. (that's so nice!!)

- Have you thought about some on scene reporting? Interviews with SONY people? That kind of thing? I"m thinking you'd do a great job with it.

- Suggestion - review theatre movies for bias and agenda.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Joe-
I think you missed a question back on page two, and it was one that grabbed my eye-

roughly, the question was was asking what your honest opinion on the state of the world.
I have a hard time not seeing the system slowly force everyone to be completely dependent on it and then stripping away our rights until we're a dictatorship (oh, wait... is that hindsight?) with the end game being... well, it's not a pretty picture.

If you could go back and answer that question, I'd appreciate it.

As for my own...
With china taking #1 as the worlds economic power, and IIRC India getting ready to pass us too, it's pretty obvious that America isn't what it used to be. There are a lot of reasons for this, and it's not going to get better.
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on living in the declining US for the next 30 years- or if it will even be around that long.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You should get back on the bike. I've wadded up pretty bad in the last few years and I still ride/race.

Can I post pics of my injuries if they're grousome?

Will you set up an ATS ride day?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Hope you feel better soon.

- How's it feel working so closely with your dad? Some serious family bonding going on. (that's so nice!!)

- Have you thought about some on scene reporting? Interviews with SONY people? That kind of thing? I"m thinking you'd do a great job with it.

- Suggestion - review theatre movies for bias and agenda.

It's usually pretty awesome

On scene reporting at the moment would be very expensive. I am itching for a local opportunity to come along so I can get into the field though.

I've been thinking about the whole #gamergate thing lately. As well as the video game industry as whole. I've been playing Destiny on my free time and recently grown pretty frustrated with some of the decisions made by Activision and Bungie.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hope you are feeling better!

Try "Singer's Saving Grace" herbal spray when you are ready to try talking a bit...its nasty, but it works. Honey & lemon "tea" are good, so that's right on (or made into a syrup), and for temporarily clearing "junk" (PND) out of the throat (like right before talking), apple slices are helpful (my voice teacher in college taught me that one...) Incidentally, hot peppers tend to seize up the throat, so not so good before talking... Rest is the best, so hang in there!!

Now eat your bone broth chicken soup and you'll be right in no time!!

(I know, I'm annoyingly helpful...I am what I am...It's instinctive...)

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join