It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop saying (just write it off)!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

You trying to be punny!?

I was trying to but I don't think it worked so I will probably write it off to not being witty enough.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The more I think about it, I guess I really am a prick to work for.

I would probably fire 75% of our people if I could.

And I am saying this at Christmas time.

Maybe I should lighten up.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Dammit, I'm trying to be mad here.. stop making me laugh.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The more I think about it, I guess I really am a prick to work for.

I would probably fire 75% of our people if I could.

And I am saying this at Christmas time.

Maybe I should lighten up.

I know just how you feel.
I had a customer ask me how many people worked for me. I said "about half".
Sad but true

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Where i am at i am either over qualified or they advertise for a position for R&D tech and want engineer exp and degrees. And one trained in many fields. They want good labor for cheep. Try to get a job at a gas station or fast food even. Overqualified. Said would not hire cause i would not stick around. LOL like anyone does there.I am fine now that was a while ago, most part of a year to get a job and lost my house. Yes i was looking like crazy for work. With a specialized career path it is hard. So just because some people say there are a lot jobs out there, does not mean that you can get employed.What kind of jobs? a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

You should have told them youre "writing off" their paychecks for that one. It was their mistake....I think that would have made your point!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

What kind of jobs?

We are a combustion related specialty contractor.
Sounds restrictive, but we have a few guys that were hired off the street with no experience.
Our main problem is finding people that have a good work ethic. Guys will find out that they have to go somewhere that isn't the most pleasant place to work and call in sick....multiple consecutive days if they believe that they will be sent there after they return.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If I knew where you are, I'd send one.
My luck, you're in Canada or England.

"Write it off"
There's a reason they're employees and not business owners.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can relate in a way to your situation and the need for Bevilation (Beer). I have known a tree service owner almost all my life and one day they were here for a heavy job.

I thought at the time that he was yapping at his crew an awful lot and reminding them of this and that. I asked him about that and he told me If I don't remind them constantly about what they are expected to do, they will slack off and I pay them very good money.

Fair enough I thought......at the end of the day they cleaned up and left. The owner comes around in a couple of hours and finds that they left one gas can and one extended gas pruner on the ground in our back yard.

He got on the horn to the guys that forget them and told them to come back after they leave the trucks at his depot.
They had to retrieve their / his equipment on their own time in their own vehicle.

He told us later that night that his expenses are high and so is his insurance and equipment costs and yep I am a Brute when it comes to that he says.
"They tend not to forget or screw up if it costs them personal time on their own dime" is what he said.
This by no means was 5K maybe $800.00 tops. I hope your situation you posted does not happen too often and I feel that you should just wright it off as most would:-)

On a serious note I do hope you can re-coup that loss and I wish you all the best in doing so, nobody in this day and age should have to absorb that kind of loss if it can be helped.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I wish everyone would stop saying

Wtf!

Do you even know what it means?

Saw a really interesting video of the LA tornado, but the guy never said, WOW "would you look at that, look the roof is going now, this must be 100 mile and hour, no descriptions ever...no he said Beep Bleep Bleep Bleep people have no language any more!

Actually I think wtf fits a rant perfectly.

Yes sadly everyone thinks it is the most descriptive term they can come up with for every occasion.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow, OP, unless I'm misunderstanding you & the 5k was just an example for readers to comprehend how writing things off works, then that's a pricy mistake there O.O I chuckled at "write it off", you don't realize how many people think it can be done for anything under the sun -- no harm, no foul, covered. Yeahh, it doesn't work that way.

I wish everyone would stop saying

Wtf!

Do you even know what it means?

Saw a really interesting video of the LA tornado, but the guy never said, WOW "would you look at that, look the roof is going now, this must be 100 mile and hour, no descriptions ever...no he said Beep Bleep Bleep Bleep people have no language any more!

Actually I think wtf fits a rant perfectly.

Yes sadly everyone thinks it is the most descriptive term they can come up with for every occasion.

He took a big financial hit due to a mistake, and you're nagging about how he expressed his frustrations? I think it's pretty crappy that you're nitpicking the OP of a rant thread for his use of an acronym, and a well-understood one at that. It's not any more or less valid than "Oh my stars!" or "What in tarnation!" The difference being WTF is linked more to emotive expression than "polite tea with the queen" conversation.
edit on 12/18/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well my guys stained an entire kitchen the wrong color. We basically have to start over now.
Crap happens,, I know,,
They felt bad,,, probably
It's forgivable, I'm not a yelling jerk boss.

Then one of them said "just write it off"
Wtf!
Do you even know what that means?!
For me to write of 5k I have to spend 5k..
Then that's 5k off of the business income that I don't have to pay taxes on..aaahhh!

When you have no clue what you are talking about,,,don't talk!

Sorry..... rant over...I need a beer.

I can understand that.
edit on 1Sat, 20 Dec 2014 13:39:19 -0600America/Chicago14America/ChicagoSat, 20 Dec 2014 13:39:19 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join