It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A modern day Buddhist hermit, explains his Enlightenment & Subconscious access

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thank you and Namaste. I am so thankful to all of my beautiful benevolents, my love to them and all of you always. This is such a wonderful post and it is true. The Now is the secret, I know this but get so caught up in work, eating and sleeping that I get distracted. Everything is all right we are Brahman, Vairocana, we are the Dharmakaya, beyond all, this world, gods, illusions, we are that great, great consciousness that is the ALL. PEACE.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Greetings and Salutations- My Teacher had taught me the 'conscious' 'sub-conscious' and 'other than conscious'.. It was during one of these many trips that I came about the "Eternity of the Soul" and I guess I'm a "hermit" now too?? My day is complete if the 4 dogs have been fed and hopefully walked and the dishes are done. Is this a 'full day' or 'fool day'? My vessel is only 51 and I've been retired from the cop shop for 10 years now and don't have any "wants" Some, I'd opine those who think this is it and might even be wearing a YOLO hoodie?

Be cautious but unafraid when You take that trip "inside" that is why "They" (The Establishment, TPTB, etc. et al..) try and keep folks distracted. They want You watching t.v. while on the computer while talking on the phone and be busy, busy, busy doing anything other than delving into what is YOU, the 'other Me'...

namaste

"
Om Bava ShaviYa Om

Cop shop"? Retired LEO? Me too. I've got another career now. LEO was another life completely, I was a different person completely but I still remember, it was SO necessary for me to be where I am now. PEACE to you and your beloveds.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: dominicus

After much searching within the more esoteric teachings, I am settled right now with Eckhart Tolle.

I live in the moment, aware of my heart beat, breathing, thirst, hunger, all of who I am is in the now.

Awareness quiets the subconscious. It's your subconscious and you can do anything you want with it. I chose not to let it dictate my life. Unfortunately most of the world are terribly unaware, and victims to their own subconscious.

Eckhart Tolle is one of the greatest spiritual teachers of all time... I so agree wit you..."The Power of the Now". Namaste

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Greetings- www.sunfell.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
It does sound very much like what is described here is indeed very similar or the same as state of mania... the manic processes a person's brain goes through when they are experiencing the manic side of bipolar disorder.

The problem I have is that this period of mania is often followed by a period of psychosis, a period in which a person can not control their thoughts or actions and is a danger to others and themselves.

I have trouble believing the subconscious mind is being unlocked here. I am more inclined to believe mania is the onset or a sign of the onset of psychosis.

I am however compelled to research your thread with an open mind in the hope that my presumptions are wrong and you and the hermit are correct.

The psychosis from mania comes from the lack of sleep during the peak phases of the mania. This is my professional observation dealing with many manic patients. I once worked for 20hrs. straight and started to see trees move, et cetera... a tiny taste of it.... maybe that is why they use sleep deprivation in torture of the military to access the subconscious? Namaste.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: suz62

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: and14263

This is why mental illness can be a catalyst for expanded notions and understanding of reality, it can very much be like a natural initiation if approached in the right way.

It can also ultimately be overcome if a person is willing to apply themselves.

You don't know s*** about mental illness.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Dangerous kids hanging around these forums.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Fascinating. I see a lot of hokum being written about enlightenment. This appears to share real insight. Many thanks and peace to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Danger holds the exit, fearful means shutdown even more to "feel better" .

Oh well, I guess taking more meds is the best NON-DANGEROUS solution.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Danger holds the exit, fearful means shutdown even more to "feel better" .

Oh well, I guess taking more meds is the best NON-DANGEROUS solution.

It's not about taking meds or not taking meds. It's about understanding the brain and what a mental illness is.

That post that was made was dangerous, especially to someone who is mentally ill at the time of reading. It was also obviously made by someone with no experience of mental illness, or any sense of responsibility.

I'm not debating meds or no meds, everyone is different. But rest assured a psychotic event is not a step closer to enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

buddhists are homosexuals that is how china uses their homos they send them into the mountains without technology

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: suz62

I don't? And why would you say that?

Grow some thicker skin, your experience of mental illness does not trump mine or anyone else's.

You don't know ____ yourself, and you're being overly touchy.

And if it wasn't clear enough, I do speak from experience of mental illness.

Why do you react with such vehemence? Why do you not want to hear this?

Maybe you should ask yourself why you react with so much anger. The anger isn't even rational, nor warranted in my opinion, so what if someone had a different experience than you? You're gonna lash out because of that? Do you feel so entitled to define mental illness that you will lash out at anyone that has had a different experience than you?

I do know some people want to wallow in self-pity, I'm no stranger to thinking my life is a curse.
If there's no way out there's also no need to try.
edit on 17-12-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, you're wrong. I do have experience of mental illness, and it can act as a catalyst for expanded notions of reality.

What experience do you yourself have? Scratch that, it does not matter.

Since Terrence McKenna explained this better than I ever could, I'll leave it to him:

Well, let’s go back and talk about schizophrenia for just a second. The question is, you know, schizophrenia involves basically breaking with ordinary value systems, and how does it relate to the psychedelic state; and people who have schizophrenic relatives in their family tree, how should they relate to the psychedelic experience, and so forth, I mean I’m extrapolating, but that’s the basic thing.

Well, there are different things to be said about this. I mean, first of all, how many psychiatric residents – who are the people who come most in contact with schizophrenics, whatever that means – how many psychiatric residents have ever seen an undrugged schizophrenic? Very, very few. Because the very first thing that happens is, for the convenience of physicians and the nursing staff, some outlandish drug is brought into the picture, which then deflects this healing process from ever reaching any kind of natural conclusion. Schizophrenia is just a catch-all term for forms of mental behaviour that we don’t understand. In the 19th century, there was a term “melancholia”, which we would now call bipolar depression, so forth and so on. But all forms of sadness, unhappiness, maladaptation, so forth and so on, were poured into this label “melancholia”.

Now, schizophrenia is a similar thing. I can remember an experience I had years ago, it was in the Tolman Library at the University of California, which is the psych library, and I was looking up some drug or something, and I just saw a book and I pulled it off the shelf, a book about schizophrenia. And it said, the typical schizophrenic lives in a world of twilight imagining, marginal to his society, incapable of holding a regular job, these people live on the fringes, content to drift in their own self-created value systems. That’s it! That’s it! Now I understand! We have no tradition of shamanism. We have no tradition of journeying into these mental worlds. We are terrified of madness. We fear it because the Western mind is a house of cards, and the people who built that house of cards know that, and they are terrified of madness.

Tim Leary once said – or I gave him credit for saying; he later told me he never said it – but whoever said it, this was a brilliant statement; someone once said, “'___' is a psychedelic substance which occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.” – right? And I would bet you that more people have exhibited psychotic behaviour from not taking '___', but just thinking about it, than ever exhibited it from taking it – certainly in my family. I watched my parents both go psychotic from the mere fact that '___' existed; they would never have taken it. There is a great phobia about the mind: the Western mind is very queasy when first principles are questioned. Rarer than corpses in this society are the untreated mad, because we can’t come to terms with that.

A shaman is someone who swims in the same ocean as the schizophrenic, but the shaman has thousands and thousands of years of sanctioned technique and tradition to draw upon. In a traditional society, if you exhibited “schizophrenic” tendencies, you are immediately drawn out of the pack and put under the care and tutelage of master shamans. You are told, You are special. Your abilities are very central to the health of our society. You will cure. You will prophesy. You will guide our society in its most fundamental decisions. Contrast this with what a person exhibiting schizophrenic activity in our society is told. They’re told, You don’t fit in. You are becoming a problem, You don’t pull your own weight. You are not of equal worth to the rest of us. You are sick. You have to go to the hospital. You have to be locked up. You are on a par with prisoners and lost dogs in our society. So that treatment of schizophrenia makes it incurable. Imagine if you were slightly odd, and the solution were to take you and put you – lock you into a place where everyone was seriously mad. That would drive anyone mad! If you’ve ever been in a madhouse, you know that it’s an environment calculated to make you crazy and to keep you crazy. This would never happen in an aboriginal or traditional society.

Understanding the brain huh. You ever heard about the plasticity of the brain? You ever heard the testimony of people overcoming their mental illness?

So they talk about things like chemical imbalance. Well, meditation have been proven to change the brain. Hmm?

Sometimes there's non physical dimensions to these problems. There'll be energetic blocks, problems with certain chakras or even invasive entities. Actually, I'd say that there's always non physical dimensions to health problems. Our physical bodies are intrinsically linked to our non physical bodies and they interrelate in certain ways.

This is not me recommending anyone to get off their meds by the way.

I'm just relating the experience of many people that have overcome their problems.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod
I can't get into a debate with you about this.

I have seen schizophrenics 'undrugged'. I've witnessed 'undrugged' schizophrenics and 'non-medicated' people in a state of psychosis doing horrendous things to other people, animals, children. Destroying other's lives as well as theirs.

I can see where you are coming from, the chemicals released at the onset of psychosis are the same as those released during meditation.

But what you say is dangerous.

We must agree to disagree here. I wish you well in your search for enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Well, you're not arguing any position I stand by.

I never said the illness can't be devastating, I am saying it can be overcome, and it has been, repeatedly, by people all over the world.

Apparently you can not see where I am coming from, I am not merely comparing the release of chemicals during psychosis to those released during meditation, I am saying that damage can be repaired.

So do attack my position instead of a strawman.

I am also saying that you can grow immensely by using both mania and depression as tools, I know because I have done it. So don't tell me what is and isn't possible when I am telling you that I have done it. I am the proof, so are others.

Facing our darkness or our shadow is essential on the path, knowing about it is kiddie stuff, doing it is ongoing. It's one of the universal archetypes, in the Major Arcanoi it would be called the Moon.

Now, you try being utterly depressed for long periods without facing some of that darkness. The darkness that most people would rather not ever see or experience. It is a blessing and a curse, and that's how shamans approached it. It's a basic kind of initiation.

Let's see if we can find some scripture to back me up.

Let's see what Jesus said.

"Everyone who seeks should continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will be troubled at the contemplation of Truth, but when he has passed through the time of trouble, he will be astonished at the brightness of the Light, for the Way of Truth is the Pathway to the Eternal Godhead, and the price of the beatific vision is the wringing of the soul. The person who desires to rise above all things must descend below all things, for the way to the heights passes through the depths of anguish, which generate the fires of Life. The person who has suffered and found Life is blessed."

I don't really seek enlightenment, but if it finds me I guess that would be neat.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A guide at attempting to achieve an experience so irrational, only an insane person would think he has the words for it.

Mental disease and most illnesses are different from driving yourself insane. It should not be referenced in such ways.
edit on 783Wednesday481217-06:00Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:48:54 -0600201412America/Chicago by blindprometheus because: Two words changed for context.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That website called the 'subscious' a bunch of random thoughts which would make the person go insane if it becomes conscious, but The Spirit is Love, not randomness of thought but instead the force that gives order to thought and that order is Love.

The Spirit is Love
The body is ego (selfishness/fear for survival)

Enlightenment is not about becoming 'unborn', it's about knowing The Spirit which is fully alive with life everlasting. It's about knowing The Kingdom of Heaven is within. It's about knowing that the body is just the temple for The Holy Spirit. God is Love, so who you truly are (Spirit) is love, too. When Light (Love/Heaven/Spirit) is not being fully expressed, it creates a "shadow" called ego.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Playing Devil's Advocate.

That self-proclaimed hermit says in his 2nd post that he walked around a "Ghost City" before where there were ghosts who think they are alive, have jobs, "eat" at restaurants, own houses, etc. He even says he was talking to them.... How can we take this seriously?

And you can eat a psychedelic shroom, sit in a blank room with no sensory distractions, and have the same effect that he described. You'll feel overwhelming joy, bliss, sometimes "contact" otherworldly beings, and feel like there's 2 of you who are one in the same. I can't advocate this because it would be against T&C, but it's what I did before. What is the difference between doing this and meditating if it's chemically the same on a physiological level?

Intriguing read nonetheless. Read the entire first page.
edit on 12/17/2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

That self-proclaimed hermit says in his 2nd post that he walked around a "Ghost City" before where there were ghosts who think they are alive, have jobs, "eat" at restaurants, own houses, etc. He even says he was talking to them.... How can we take this seriously?

Because there is a Spirit realm, an afterlife, and many people who have Near Death Experiences also reference that it is so. I've also been out of the body and I've seen universities, the entrance to the hell realms, to the heavenly realms, etc. So I don't see why this is hard to believe. Interestingly on my few journeys out of the body, I've come across people who have died and asked them, "you know you're dead, right?," only to be laughed at and scoffed at as they carry on to who knows where. So as a reflection of earth, where all types of people believe of all sorts of things, its not so far fetched. Even those who can freely astral project have come to agreements on key landmarks in those realms.

And you can eat a psychedelic shroom, sit in a blank room with no sensory distractions, and have the same effect that he described. You'll feel overwhelming joy, bliss, sometimes "contact" otherworldly beings, and feel like there's 2 of you who are one in the same. I can't advocate this because it would be against T&C, but it's what I did before. What is the difference between doing this and meditating if it's chemically the same on a physiological level?

Its different cause he's sober, 100%, with the freedom to leave the body and access the spirit realms whenever he wants, has access to the source of his subconscious, to awareness and its source, and he doesn't need to take anything for all these things to be accessible to him
edit on 17-12-2014 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I read his astral claims, and those of others. I just find it too coincidental how what most people perceive in these so called "other planes" is very similar to what we have here on Earth. Are there no aliens in the afterlife? No other animals? Why do ghosts still look like humans anyway instead of masses of energy when they don't have physical bodies? Why are they in the 21st century instead of the 51st or 11th century (in terms of technology, architecture, etc.)? Why are they living in "cities"?

Seems like people are having lucid dreams, filled with things that are in their day-to-day reality, and are attributing it to something supernatural. I could be wrong. I'd like to try experiencing astral projection myself.

edit on 12/19/2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend
I agree.

A spirit world with businesses such as restaurants? Would you bring capitalism to the spirit world?

A non physical existence where we have to eat... consume material substances?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join