It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio teen refuses to do homework until school brings back Ten Commandments plaque

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So doing what the majority wish they could do is immaturity?

Which majority? I don't recall reading about any students or teachers that are sympathetic to his cause. Just you people in this thread. Again I outlined more mature ways to go about voicing his complaints that could not only have an actual effect on policy, but also teach him VALUABLE lessons in how to go about enacting change in government (something that he could use later in life for more important causes). But nah, let's make a martyr out of him for thrashing about like a baby and refusing to do his schoolwork.

At the root of all the contempt towards this person is the fact that he's doing it for the 10 Commandments. And it's disgusting, if he were fighting for other causes people would change their tune. Don't deny it.

Well in that regard, the school is in the right. The Ten Commandments shouldn't be displayed at a public school, but that isn't why I call him a moron.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Grovit

You don't have to deny it, the way you speak about this "magic plaque" just shows you have contempt for him based on his cause.

youre right. i do.
what i meant was i would not change my tune for a different moron refused to do his studies for some other non issue.

edit on 15-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The majority of people who sit and whine and do nothing about the problems they face. He's doing something. Now since his mission isn't socially acceptable (and the hatred towards him in this thread proves anything Christian is "moronic" according to many) he's being lambasted? It's disgusting.

He's doing something, even if many feel he's a "moron". As for the majority who whine, they'll still get fat off the system they hate.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Except, no matter what his "cause" is, his actions are going to have zero effect on the people whose minds he is trying to change. It is no different than whining on a forum, except now his future is screwed up. In order to successfully protest, one has to inconvenience the opposing party in some way. Otherwise, what motivation do they have to listen to you? Until you can do that, you just come off as a whiny brat (like in the OP).

There are certainly more mature ways he could have gone about this, and even if he was DEAD SET on pursuing the schoolwork boycott, he should have enlisted more students to get on board. That way it will actually have an effect on the school's performance report (which could effect their budget). As of now, he is just a laughable blip and will have no noticeable impact on policy. Plain and simple, he is an idiot. I hope his parents are proud, they just raised a future high school drop out.

Even if this kid did what you say above here, you would still be blasting him because it has religion tied to it....The bashing religion in every thread posted by you gets really old.

Some people in this thread actually are having a good conversation and bring up good points and then here you come slamming them also because they are on the side of the ten commandments...You are such a hypocrite when you speak about people whining on internet forums!

You are constantly whining in every thread having to do with this nature!

Kudos to this kid for standing up for what he believes in! Who cares the topic, he is trying to stand up for something he believes in! Is it the right way? Nobody can answer that, the situation would differ in opinion in any route he takes, but I give him credit for trying!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Krazyshot, do you do anything about the major problems you face? And I don't mean protesting with a sign and an angry face. Something tells me you're another person on the net complaining but not actually doing anything.

Your hatred towards Christianity is so out in the open.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

how is it a problem let alone a major problem?
it is a public school

i fail to see any problem

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It's a problem to him and he's doing something about it. As for the majority who complain while being fed by the system, their activism extends to internet petitions and internet whining.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The majority of people who sit and whine and do nothing about the problems they face. He's doing something. Now since his mission isn't socially acceptable (and the hatred towards him in this thread proves anything Christian is "moronic" according to many) he's being lambasted? It's disgusting.

He's pissing into the wind is what he is doing. You can call that "doing something," but I call that being moronic.

He's doing something, even if many feel he's a "moron". As for the majority who whine, they'll still get fat off the system they hate.

So in your world, putting up a bitch fit to get your way is "doing something" equivalent to putting out petitions or any other way to enact change within the system. Bulls#! He is just whining plain and simple and you are trying to make a hero/martyr out of him because you agree with his cause (the reason I say this is that I have tried more than once to steer the conversation away from the religious angle and towards his actions, but you won't let it go).

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

He's not putting up a fit. He's standing up. And believe me, at the root of it all is because it's the 10 Commandments.

You have US Blues in your signature. I don't think Jerry would call this kid a moron for standing up while you furiously pound your keyboard now would he?

link   

It's a problem to him

oh.
maybe cause he is a baby trapped in an emo teens body
i dont know...

later

had enough of of this

link   
Totally agree with your post/ stance. Too bad for the kid being held back. Loosing battle.a reply to: olaru12

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Courageous? Maybe. Foolish? definitely.

He has picked the wrong issue to attach his wagon to. Separation of church and state.

Would you call him courageous if he demanded prayer in school? Although it is rare these days to find such conviction in young folks, he is in the wrong on this one. If he gets back his 10 commandments plaque, should the satanists, atheists, Jews, Muslims and others each get a plaque in this public school as well?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

Yes they should. I'm for equality not supremacy.

In my book he's courageous for putting everything on the line. It's refreshing because most people in this country whine about politics or social causes and do nothing.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
Even if this kid did what you say above here, you would still be blasting him because it has religion tied to it....The bashing religion in every thread posted by you gets really old.

To bad?

Some people in this thread actually are having a good conversation and bring up good points and then here you come slamming them also because they are on the side of the ten commandments...You are such a hypocrite when you speak about people whining on internet forums!

I don't recall whining and I have tried on more than one occasion in this thread to steer it away from the religious angle, but people keep trying to bring it back. I'm commenting on his actions, yet here you are bringing the conversation right back to the ten commandments.

You are constantly whining in every thread having to do with this nature!

If you think I whine, then you don't know what whining is. I just state my opinion and counter bogus claims. But whatever. I'm not the one destroying my future trying to get my way, the kid in the OP's article is.

Kudos to this kid for standing up for what he believes in! Who cares the topic, he is trying to stand up for something he believes in! Is it the right way? Nobody can answer that, the situation would differ in opinion in any route he takes, but I give him credit for trying!

The only reason this is news is because its about the Ten Commandments. If he was shucking homework because he didn't like his school colors or something, this wouldn't even make it into the news. The presence of the ten commandments is trying to make an issue out of a non-issue. This kid is a moron, and in this thread the Christians are buying into it because one of their sacred idols (lol irony) is under fire. Boohoo.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thankyou very much for proving your contempt in this thread is all about Christians.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

He's not putting up a fit. He's standing up. And believe me, at the root of it all is because it's the 10 Commandments.

You have US Blues in your signature. I don't think Jerry would call this kid a moron for standing up while you furiously pound your keyboard now would he?

Well I certainly don't have any problem with him voicing his opinion. He just better be prepared for the consequences on his future that this non-issue will rain on him for being stupid in his causes.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Thankyou very much for proving your contempt in this thread is all about Christians.

And NOW we start the Christian persecution complex. I knew it would be a matter of time before we arrived here. The poster I was responding to and I have history that you are (probably) unaware of. My responses were catered to his scathing attack on my posting style. How about you stay in your lane? My motivations for posting make little difference on the validity of my points. Address them.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

I don't recall whining and I have tried on more than one occasion in this thread to steer it away from the religious angle, but people keep trying to bring it back. I'm commenting on his actions, yet here you are bringing the conversation right back to the ten commandments.

The only reason you are complaining about this kid's effort here is because of the ten commandments! That's it!! You wouldn't be here blasting this kid for doing this if it was a different topic so don't try and say you would...

Once the ten commandments, the bible, God, or anything else having to do with religion is brought up, here you come to blast something...Anything because of the topic.

link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

Simply the separation of church and state. Otherwise they'd have to display the Koran, the Torah and even Satanic Verse.. .because you cannot discriminate against someone's religious beliefs. You'd have to allow all.

If he ws so smart...he's realize that and prob wouldnt like a menorah or quotes from the Koran hanging in his school. Although...they would have that right...
MS
Christian

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The fact that he has chosen the 10 commandments plaque in a public school tells me he is doing this for attention, or as an excuse not to do his schoolwork.

The fact that he is in high school and doesn't know religious things don't belong there makes him a moron.

If he were protesting for healthier school lunches, or that they took the American flag down, or that they should get a better quality marching band tee shirt in a larger variety of sizes, I'd be cheering him on!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join