It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Oil's plans to set of huge underwater explosions that could endanger the survival of the unique

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

Changes need to be made so there isn't so much greed. If we start with the basic of life being free (water, heat, shelter, electricity, food) than we will be on the right path.

Electricity?
That's not a 'basic of life'. Its production is an environmental disaster....

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the huge SHTF moment. Whatever it may be. Our oceans are already coughing up dead things at an exponential rate- deoxygenated zones, radiation, oil spills, plastic pollution, etc. SMH

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Surely neurons firing is an explosion of sorts....that can't be a bad thing?

It can be good & it can be bad, I hope you know this.

The sun is essentially a controlled explosion. surely that can't be a bad thing?

Again, it's a good thing and a bad thing & I really hope I don't have to explain why it's a bad thing.

When I was doing seismic surveys (admittedly on land and for science, not resources) we used between 1/2 and 1/3 of a stick of Magnum Powergel. It was great fun. surely great fun can't be a bad thing? I dare say we destroyed a few invertebrates along the way though. I don't know how I can walk/breathe/eat and live with myself. I'm such a heartless killer.....

Well good for you for not caring about killing invertebrates, you should professionally do seismic testing then. Some people, like the Inuits rely on the Narwhals for food care if the Narwhals are killed, they would rather not have one of their main food sources depleted . Let's not forget about the impact it will have on the ecosystem, but I guess that's not as important as oil.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Of course I care about killing invertebrates, but it is impossible not to. We all kill them.

I was just trying to illustrate that not everything is as black and white as you seem to like to make out.

Previously, when food sources became extinct/migrated/were unavailable in a particular area, humans shifted their location.

Oil isn't evil. Humans are.
How's that for black and white?

edit on 15-12-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The thing I like about a minority is no one can do a bunch of damage to us..I feel damaged as a Canadian by what the Cons have been able to because they was no opposition in power..life will go on just fine in as minority. I think B.C. Liberal is more akin to fed Cons than fed Libs.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
That article is from June. I've heard that all new oil projects are postponed, because of the price per barrel being only half of what it was a couple of months ago.
Maybe they won't go through with it....

That said, Harper really needs to be voted out

I was thinking a better solution for harper would be permanent interment in a home/prison for the criminally insane? I'd love to see him strapped to a dolly with one of those hannibal lecter mouth gags while modelling a straight jacket. One can dream eh ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ha, Narwhals, screw those freaks.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

survival of the unique

Everyone and every creature is 'unique'. Life is like snowflakes. The same thing never occurs twice. Also, I Googled this procedure and while it *sounds* bad it really doesn't have much impact on the surrounding environment.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Ha, Narwhals, screw those freaks.

Just 'cause you can't hold your breath under water.....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Agreed, Christy Clark is just as bad as Harper.

Depends on who holds the minority, maybe the plan is to have both the Conservatives and Liberals in federal power. If they are in agreement together & working together towards that goal, that could be bad. It's hard to say.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

but they are the underwater unicorn
(sorry, had to say it
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join