It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A " Crooked Banker " Surprise Surprise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
A London Banker has been banned from working in the Financial Service Industry for life. The reason? He had been dodging paying rail fares over a period which totaled to £42.550.

Are we surprised ?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i think this highlights just how easy it is to NOT pay your fare for trains in the first place.

If he did it all that time imagine how many other 42k fares have been avoided.

This is why it costs so damned much to ride the train in the uk as it is, and why so many try to avoid it!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
ehhhh.
Look i don't like him for what he did, i mean right now i live on a paycheck to paycheck basis, and will for at least another month (in the corporate landscape a promotion means a salary drop, who would have thought? :/)
So if i pay the fair, Mr rich baker damn well better follow suite.
But panned for life? especially if his working track record is flawless?
Man that's overkill, because it's basically like public shaming.
it's easy to have no sympathy because he is rich, and for us euro users that would be 53,632 of unpaid tickets :O
But...who on this site DOESN'T try to cheat the system? nobody here torrents games or movies or whatever?
nobody ever traveled without a ticket?
Just because he is rich(er) than us doesn't make it worse than when we do it.
So yeah, make him pay the money, but no need to ban him for life, he didn't try to shoot the queen for crying out loud.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
ehhhh.
Look i don't like him for what he did, i mean right now i live on a paycheck to paycheck basis, and will for at least another month (in the corporate landscape a promotion means a salary drop, who would have thought? :/)
So if i pay the fair, Mr rich baker damn well better follow suite.
But panned for life? especially if his working track record is flawless?
Man that's overkill, because it's basically like public shaming.
it's easy to have no sympathy because he is rich, and for us euro users that would be 53,632 of unpaid tickets :O
But...who on this site DOESN'T try to cheat the system? nobody here torrents games or movies or whatever?
nobody ever traveled without a ticket?
Just because he is rich(er) than us doesn't make it worse than when we do it.
So yeah, make him pay the money, but no need to ban him for life, he didn't try to shoot the queen for crying out loud.

I think it comes down to one word. Honesty.

If he can't be honest with his own commitments then how could you expect him to be honest with the people he works for and with.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Oh what?

So, let me get this straight. A London banker has been banned from working in the FSI for life, over £42,550 in unpaid train tickets, but none of the people responsible have answered for the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF POUNDS that were STOLEN by collusion between the banks and the government? The billions and billions of pounds that our gormless, half-witted, porridge faced bastard of a chancellor now wants to recoup by savaging the benefits paid to the neediest in our society? What the hell does this train ticket issue matter, in the face of THAT gigantic mess?

REALLY?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If he is dishonest enough to fiddle the train fares for so long, it makes you wonder just what else he may have been involved in. It also shows the mindset of these people.
I mean, he's not short of a few quid if he was able to repay £42K in cumulative unpaid fares, just dishonest enough to think he could get away with it for so long. Perfect material then for a financial job in the city.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: alldaylong

Oh what?

So, let me get this straight. A London banker has been banned from working in the FSI for life, over £42,550 in unpaid train tickets, but none of the people responsible have answered for the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF POUNDS that were STOLEN by collusion between the banks and the government? The billions and billions of pounds that our gormless, half-witted, porridge faced bastard of a chancellor now wants to recoup by savaging the benefits paid to the neediest in our society? What the hell does this train ticket issue matter, in the face of THAT gigantic mess?

REALLY?

I concur 110%. Why was not Fred Goodwin not sent to prison for his part in the banking mess the UK was plunged into. There are so many good examples. The ugly truth is though is that UK politics has become dishonourable and corrupt both morally and financially. All MPs who claimed expenses when they should not have done should have been criminally prosecuted but were not. Another classic example of one law for them and another for the rest of us "plebs" . I really do fear for the future of the UK especially with the rise of UKIP. People are so blind to the fact that they are a far right party seeking alliances with neo Nazi parties in Europe. Chilling stuff.

Sometimes I wish King Arthur would stir from his slumber in his cave and save the UK from disaster as folklore would have us believe!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Speak for yourself. Not everyone is a scumbag cheater.

top topics

join