It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Conspiracy in Poisons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Insect Poisons, you pay a huge amount for them and they barely work. Point in case is where I live the Coastal Ants are insane, they are immune to most stuff so a local scientist devised a specific poison called "Amdro" to kill the tiny ones and it cost's a tonne.

www.myshopping.com.au...

I use my own brew..sometimes its from Caltex and others its from BP but the product is as cheap as it can come as low as $1.25 a litre and its called Petroleum, I've killed off more insects with this stuff than you can imagine. I've destroyed huge Termite colonies with it and even sprayed it on Paper Wasp's from a spray bottle, its cheap and believe me it works like nothing else. If you have a pesky Bee Colony stinging you then just pop a couple of cups of the stuff into a spray bottle and let them have it, trust me when it hits the surface of their exoskeleton they instantly die.

So its not so environmentally friendly but at that price who can argue with its bang for buck ?
edit on 15-12-2014 by mazzroth because: typos

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth I use water, boiled water, just wait till sun down, at least 3 days after rain, and pour it down the whole, and wallah!

parts of me don't feel good about doing it.... like dropping an A bomb I guess, so many innocent... but hey, bugga it, they pissed me off.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Yeah I hear ya, my old Nanna used to make me pour boiling water down the mouse holes in her Canary cages and I used to think how cruel it was, the Petroleum produces gases down the hole and just quietly puts the little critters to permanent sleep without much hurt. The beauty of it is that the liquid form turns into a nice gas that permeates all the holes of a nest which is a perfect mechanism to kill the queen of a termite nest.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ever thought of using food grade Diatomaceous Earth? Completely non toxic and seems kinda cheap.

Apparently under a microscope it's really sharp like glass and cuts them up or something. Sounds dangerous but you can actually eat the stuff since as soon as it gets wet it melts or whatever. They actually use it in cattle feed.

Edit cause this site explains how it works better than me

Diatomaceous Earth is almost pure silica (with some beneficial trace minerals); under a microscope, it looks like shards of glass (glass is made from silica). On any beetle-type insect that has a carapace, like fleas and cockroaches, the DE works under the shell and punctures the body, which then dehydrates and the insect dies. DE is totally nontoxic. There is no buildup of tolerance like there is to poisons because the method of killing is PHYSICAL, not chemical.

Source:
lifehacker.com...
edit on 15-12-2014 by HanaDambi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
For ants I use one part sugar, one part borax. They're gone in 2 days. I just make sure to keep animals away from it.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Guess what else keeps ants away? A tidy house. Seriously, ants are somehow a threat? I'd prefer the ants to the chemicals anyway, I'm trying to avoid cancer.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
Guess what else keeps ants away? A tidy house. Seriously, ants are somehow a threat? I'd prefer the ants to the chemicals anyway, I'm trying to avoid cancer.

Well I live on a sand dune basically and the Ants are everywhere, the fact I have a neighbor who basically does no yard work doesn't help either. I can literally see their path down the street curb from his place onto my property and into my yard.

top topics

join