It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA taking a whupping from the Chinese...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Rodinus

Air Force Network Center at Scott AFB near St Louis, Boeing Fighter division, Boeing Phantom Works, multiple credit card and financial institutions.

Thanks Zaph.

Makes things little clearer now.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This reminds me of the original Star Trek Episode where on one planet the people fought wars with computers and when a section of the city was virtually hit those people who were in the area at the time of the attack had to report to a 'Suicide Station' to be counted as casualties so as not to cheat.

(A Taste of Armageddon)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

so you just send the bot a command "nuke www.rodinus.com" and thats it off it goes,

Thanks Maxatoria, much appreciated.

Oh my effing bejezzus... you have just nuked my domaine name....

*searches around Google looking for a cheap botnet application to nuke Maxatoria.com into the end of next week*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 15/12/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Took this a couple of weeks ago after about a hour of "normal" traffic then boom. It was pretty impressive, especially considering this is just a sample set of the data. The real figures would have been much, much higher.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My wife and I just bought a farmhouse near Angoleme. I could live on wine and cheese! Plus, my favorite drink in made there....Pineau.
Anyway, something knocked out the credit card machines at the Commissary here in Lakenheath, and I believe it was a worldwide shutdown of the DECA system. I wonder if they are looking for security cracks to exploit later?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just snapped this ~15 minutes ago. Not too sure if the link/picture will work but here's a pic I snapped of Norse real quick. Thought it was mildly odd. Hopefully the link works, as I could not get my pictures to load via my account.

Just before this was taken, the whole Eastern Hemisphere (Russia, China, India etc.) did the same thing only more "linear" if that makes sense? The lines were not rounded like the picture I included.

tinypic.com...
edit on 15-12-2014 by RainofStars because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2014 by RainofStars because: yeah....Need coffee

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainofStars
Just snapped this ~15 minutes ago. Not too sure if the link/picture will work but here's a pic I snapped of Norse real quick. Thought it was mildly odd. Hopefully the link works, as I could not get my pictures to load via my account.

Just before this was taken, the whole Eastern Hemisphere (Russia, China, India etc.) did the same thing only more "linear" if that makes sense? The lines were not rounded like the picture I included.

tinypic.com...

OOF... Imagine if those coloured lines were nukes!!!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What people need to remember is a lot of the worlds web based services are based in the US and while they use load balancing and content delivery systems the initial point quite often is the US. Also a lot of the attacks are scripted attacks just trying blocks of IP addresses and the US also has more of those than anyone else and even where an IP address actually is in the country can change easily on a sysadmins whim so today 154.234.173.x is the florida group tomorrow its the alaskan group and it takes time for the IP location tracers to notice the changes

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Can a tech savvy USA member give us more info as to why Saint louis in the USA is getting so much attention from the chinese?

Yes, this map is just a simulation based on attacks on honey pots set up by the site owners.
Easy to speak.
So, there might not be the real target, but it just got hit as collateral damage.
You can never take this sites (ipviking, digital attack map) as 100% accurate, they are just an estiamtion of the location and traffic size.

See the other 2 threads about this DDoS attacks the last 2 days
edit on 15-12-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Why haven't really secret things been exposed by hackers?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: Maxatoria

Thanks for the explanation Max... Perfectly understood erm... I think?

Sorry I am a veterinary and have problems with circuits, electronics, radio waves, internet and all that kind of jazz?

So from what I can gather, the chinese have Loads a money to spend on Botnets to bugger around with the world?

If I understand correctly : A botnet is a bunch of worldwide connected programs working with similar programs on connected computers (even thought the user may not be aware) and spreading their different malicious crap around the world wide cheese cracker biscuit?

Looking at the map that I provided in the original post they must be pretty loaded with cash to send all of that across to the USA?

I am crap, so please be kind when it comes to this type of discussion... trying to learn although a little slow... when it comes to computer technology.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

A Botnet is a command-and-control system. Each "bot" is like a mass tick infection with feral cats. Each PC infected with a "bot" program visits a command-and-control server to download instructions on what to do - fire off a ssh login attack at a server, attempt to infect new PC's, go to sleep, act as a command-and-control center, make as many http/sip/ftp/telnet requests as possible, download new password files. It takes researchers weeks to find out all of them as well as the source of control. The size of the bot-net ranges from a few thousand to hundreds of thousands of PC's.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Good find, OP... Though anybody knows if the trend is that recent or it's been occurring up and down for the last months?

An hour ago I've looked at the graphs on this interface and it was pretty shocking.... Like several spots in China were attacking St-Louis and Seattle like MASSIVE!

Is there anyone who knows if this system isn't somekind of cyberwar test site, or just a hoax?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here's a thought .. Perhaps Vladamir has hired a bot net..

I hear he's pissed about his rubles

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
All I can say is...

Get used to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The map only shows locations where Norse has their routers located which are usually at Tier 1 networks OR better known as the backbone's.

Here are some resources: www.nthelp.com...

e.g. www.nthelp.com...

Multiple Tier 1 providers have backbone connections In St Louis for example. That's why you see them as "targets" - but those are not targeted directly but rather entry points between countries, e.g. Satellite links, etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was watching last night for a few minutes and it started really going nuts. Within 30sec china was over 1000 and I've never seen the hits rack up that fast.

Anyone else wonder if the London Air Traffic control shutdown last week was a test run by China or others see what they can really do ?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The US imports a LOT of goods from China. Bringing down the US infrastructure would cost them greatly. I'm not saying they're all buddy-buddy either but the damage to China's economy would be catastrophic. Maybe they don't care though and would rather see the US crumble.

www.forbes.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join