It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nature of Man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

By true research you basically mean I haven't come to the same conclusions as you... Obviously

No by true research I mean its obvious you have never tried to interpret the Bible based on grammar and context(textual and historical).

And or I have never had a pastor or preacher looking over my shoulder telling me what I should believe... which is true

First neither have I. I don't even know a pastor personally. Why would me having a preacher over my shoulder mean my information was less accurate? Most preachers have been to college to learn the facts behind the Bible. So that would just mean I have a person who has specialized in studying the Bible giving me his opinion on topic, unfortunately I don't have that.

The first thing you claim is a Paul teaching:

Humans come into world with a strong desire to sin. The desire however is not learned it is simply part of each individuals essence Without this desire to sin a person loses who they are. If any of us were devoid of the ability to sin we would no longer be the people we are at this moment. We would lose our identity.

I put these together because the say the same thing and you took them as two separate things and I have no idea how you got new creation in Christ out of the second quote. Where did I pull your first quote from was it Paul?

Psalm 51:5 Not Paul
Jeremiah 17:9 Not Paul
Genesis 8:21 Not Paul
Psalm 14:2-3 Not Paul

I hate the things I do but I can't help but do them... Very Paul

Lol this goes back to sin.

And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

The fact is I am a sinner and hating what I do comes because I have because I recognize sin inside me. Its separate from my soul now thanks to Christ.
1 peter 3:18-22
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.

"Corruption of the flesh, nothing good is in me"

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Not Paul

The flesh wars against the spirit.... Paul

I'll return to a verse you quoted me earlier

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." -Not paul

Also James 4:4
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. -NOT PAUL

You have yet to give me one teaching of Paul's that cannot be found elsewhere by another author in Scripture.....

Like I said I don't care what you toss out or keep for that matter... All I want is for Christians to see the issues with the book instead of looking at it like its Gods word wrapped in gold...

Hard to see issues in a book written by God..

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Hard to see issues in a book written by God..

Well that's actually part of the issue, people believing that God wrote the bible. God did not put pen to paper, men who were prone to error and deception just as anyone else is did. They were no better than you, a sinner, at least according to your own theology. Why put so much trust in sinners who lived thousands of years ago?

I don't think putting trust in a book put together by TPTB is a very good idea personally. The councils Rome headed are proof that they shaped the NT that we have today
edit on 12/18/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

God did not put pen to paper

Christians do not believe that either. We believe men were under direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that He was the author and the men held the writing utensils.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You win man... Like I said in the other thread...

Im just wasting my time with you... Stick with your Paulus Christ...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

In that case the word used should be 'inspired' not 'written'. I'd say God has inspired a much greater work than the bible, it's not written on pages, it's written in our hearts and within the universe we inhabit.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: NOTurTypical

In that case the word used should be 'inspired' not 'written'. I'd say God has inspired a much greater work than the bible, it's not written on pages, it's written in our hearts and within the universe we inhabit.

Well, I can't speak for the words of others, but we Christians call the Bible the "inspired Word of God", and that goes for the originals in Greek and Hebrew, the translations have known errors and some things get lost in translation as there are sometimes, although rarely, things that cannot be perfectly translated into English which is a quite lazy language compared to Greek and Hebrew.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Welcome back :>) Just to throw in a point concerning what people take for a gimps into the past that we call history . Archaeology uncovers many items between layers of dirt that helps them picture a past .Many scholars have used the text of the Bible to help unearth these once known locations and the surrounding cultures . Not surprisingly geologist would know that Ephesus was once much closer to the sea either by digging or by just reading the book of acts . Using either source you get a accurate picture historically of that region .

I wanted to ask if you have checked out Bob Cornukes investigation into the Temple ? www.baseinstitute.org... Any thoughts ? a reply to: NOTurTypical

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The only time you will ever feel clean is when you take shelter in Christ. Sin is something we are fighting its a war and many of you are asleep in the trenches. Wake up. Realize a war is being fought. I do have some good news for you though. The war has been won. Its hard to remember that all the time, but it has. We can be free of that part of our nature all we have to do is believe.
If what you are saying is true, then why "wake up"?
We need to wake up in order to engage in this "war" that you bring up.
We will only be happy when we can live free of sin, which is what we can do when empowered by God's spirit that we can receive through Jesus.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thank you, I was sorta locked out when they changed the format and it wasn't compatible with my phone. Got a PC again and it's up and running. And I read the article, but the writer fails to mention a few details. 1. The veil separating the holy of holies could be seen from Calvary, and the vast underground chambers and tunnels that have been excavated under the temple mount. The original foundation stones of Solomon's temple are buried under it. Now, I believe the actual temple didn't stand when the mosque currently sits, but was directly behind the Eastern gate. So it's interesting, but I don't think it's biblical or accurate.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Okay so now that I have shown your the Bible not just Paul says that stuff we run away .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join