It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Gilmour & David Bowie - Comfortably Numb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've never heard these two together before. I like it. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Listening now, very nice!

Quality!

Cant stand the modern noise makers

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am a huge Roger
Waters fan but...thanks a million

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm glad you like it. I don't like how it's noisy, either. It's one drawback of listening to live-recorded music.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I've never heard these two together before. I like it. What do you think?

Well... I am a big fan of Pink Floyd's music, so I prefer the original, Bowie is just too high and all over the place note-wise. I like Bowie's music as well and I realize he's being creative, and trying to make his part his own, but I just don't buy it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I understand what bobs_uruncle is saying, but I still like it. I think Bowie is just doing his own thing and I think it's okay. I always like the original cuts better, but I think this thing stands on it's own okay. I especially think Gilmour is on top of his game on this. I like it, I don't care who is playing.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

compared to this .. ?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I agree that David Bowie was very different but I think it was still cool. I'd like to see how it sounds with another artist. I found a group called Luther Wright and the Wrongs that did a cool bluegrass version of the song. Some might not like it because they upped the tempo a bit and sound like they're having too much fun but it's different.

edit on 14-12-2014 by Skid Mark because: Video did not post

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

That was amazing. Did one of the people in the crowd have a hammer? Weird question, I know, but I just happened to notice it. It's odd whoever it was got through security with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
WOW~!!!!

JUST WOW~!!!!!! They should have had this guy do it ~~!!! They're spot on .. !!! seriously!!!! I can't tell the difference and I've listened to the album a GAZILLION times !!! Even heard it on the damm vinyl...

WOW~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

They did a great version of " Arnold Layne "

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Keep Ziggy away from The Wall. Gilmour should've had Bowie sing "Have a Cigar" since another singer(Roy Harper) performed it that wasn't Waters or Gilmour. I saw a better rendition with the keyboardist Richard Wright singing Waters intro in a live studio session in New York on YT. They should've went with that instead of Bowie's version.
edit on 15-12-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: added point to reply.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo
That was great! Sounds like the original. This is one of my favorite bands and they did a wonderful job.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I'm with you. I just don't buy it.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I found another great cover. This time it's Queensryche and Dream Theater. I like both bands and saw Queensryche in concert back in the 90's. They put on a great show.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

At least it wasn't like these guys. Wow, terrible.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

At least it wasn't like these guys. Wow, terrible.

Wow, where's Freddie Kruger, that was A Nightmare on Music Street. Yikes I have to wind this up so I don't have to listen to it anymore LOL

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join