It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where The Heck Is The Sun?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Where is the sunlight? Legit question for where we live and I want to know if others in North America are getting their natural dose of Sun?
Located in the midst of the Great Lakes and we have not seen a sunny day for over a year now.
It's gotten to the point where our gardens were toast this year and we only harvested 5-6 tomatoes at best and they were tiny little buggers and hardly ripe.
We enjoyed little to zero sunlight during the past year, we also enjoyed lots of moisture which turned our concrete patio and driveway into a green mess and it is that right now as I tap away at the keys.

They claimed a few years ago our city was perfect for the largest solar farm in North America and yes indeed they built the sucker toot's sweet with our tax money.
www.thestar.com...#
I wonder how these solar farms perform with almost zero sunlight?
Before you ask, I consider a sunny day one that you get out of bed and its sunny and then when dusk comes along its still sunny.

Not now I tell you there is no sun whatsoever and has not been for almost a year now....morning to night.
I guess I should be grateful that we are on sand and that it drains fast so with all the rain and no sun at all we survive, at least for now.
I posted this in chit chat to get the most feedback I hope?
Please post any observations about your Sun situation.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

I live in Florida. I've seen entirely too much sun. It got up to 80° last week.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"Overall, nine major American cities have solid overcast for more than 180 days a year. Besides the Pacific Northwest, cities with frequent cloudy weather are mainly near the Great Lakes."

Cloudiest Cities in the US

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
"Overall, nine major American cities have solid overcast for more than 180 days a year. Besides the Pacific Northwest, cities with frequent cloudy weather are mainly near the Great Lakes."

Cloudiest Cities in the US

Thanks for the link.....quite informative, now can you explain this link?
www.thestar.com...

Regards Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Your making me drool just thinking about 80 degrees and sunny:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi Iwinder

You sure that electrical gadget you're carrying around with you isn't attracting the clouds?

In the uk we're still getting normal weather, usually wet and sometimes a bit sunny.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
DP
edit on 14-12-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You're making me drool over the idea of a winter that is actually cold! Gah... I miss snow.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Hi Iwinder

You sure that electrical gadget you're carrying around with you isn't attracting the clouds?

In the uk we're still getting normal weather, usually wet and sometimes a bit sunny.

LOL The funny thing is the wife and myself just finished talking about how "British" our weather is.
Today is case in point, not a cloud on the local radar but yet my truck is just covered in moisture to the point is dripping off it like it raining.
I did hear you folks are getting more sun now? Is that correct?

If my electronic friend is drawing these gloomy days I can attest that the sucker is coming out very shortly:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

You're making me drool over the idea of a winter that is actually cold! Gah... I miss snow.

Thats the problem its not snowing its warm and humid and really screwing things up here at the moment.
If you miss snow then you are either insane or you have a really muscular back that can take the shoveling.

Thanks for your posts,
Regards, iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

I did hear you folks are getting more sun now? Is that correct?

We're getting more sun during the summer and more rain during the winter, though thats just my own observations.

Have a good christmas matey

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
New Brunswick here and it was and still is a normal climate with normal sun ,snow and rain .A little cooler then normal summer but we did have 1 hot week . The cold came a little early but not out of the ordinary .Had so snow but it didn't stay . Hope to get a batch for XMas just for the kids ....

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I had always heard how crappy the weather allegedly is in the Pacific northwest, only to find out that where I have grown up and lived most of my adult life is even worse. NW Pennsylvania and along the Lake Erie shore in Ohio has damned near the same clouds and precipitation, but pile on feet of snow as a bonus "F you!" From Mother Nature. The worst of both worlds.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I also see the date on that information is almost if not now 5 years old.......just thought I would say that the information in your link is dated at 2010......
Not knocking the the link or information I am just stating facts here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Trondheim here, and it's been the greyest, dullest Winter sunlight i've ever seen. I've taken timelapse movies in the past few years, and we'd normally have a weak winter Sun. Now it's just this electric blue twilight every lunchtime.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

down here in the Detroit area.. ..we have had many beautifully sunny days and amazing sunsets as well with pretty pinks and purples.. ..and really really bright clear full sun.. ..don't know what you're talking about?
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

We of course here are missing the rain! Things are weird for sure, plants bloom whenever and nothing is going to have a predictable cycle soon it seems!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Illinois here.

We just recently went 11 days without any sun. Completely overcast, then we had somewhat sun for two days, now it is cloudy again. I think the sun came out for a few minutes this evening.

We were at the jobsite and the sun literally stopped work for a few seconds. Everybody was amazed.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
While we still get sun here on and off (on NE coast) there has definitely been a permanent change in weather patterns; I think we need to get used to it. Fortunately here, it has changed for the better.

A few years ago, we also went like 6 months with very little sun, but now we are good in that respect.

As the Greenland ice sheet melts, I think we will be seeing even more drastic weather changes.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here in MI, it was pretty overcast most of November, but I've been told it's pretty normal for MI this time of year to be overcast. It's also been pretty foggy here & there -- I love fog, we never got enough of it IMO where we lived in FL!

But overall, I can't say it's been too gloomy or not, I haven't been here long enough yet to say so. I WILL say that the change from the FL heat (the MI temps) & blazing sun (overcast/fog) is pretty much heaven to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join