It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am from your future...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ok, not really, but I just looked at my cell phone and it says it's Dec 15th @ 12:38AM. Five hours ahead of the real time. I did nothing to it. I thought it got the time from the network (Verizon.) ...Anybody got a clue? Five hours ahead of the real time. WTH???

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

My desktop did the same exact thing yesterday. I had to reset the time manually. Five hours behind though.....
edit on 14-12-2014 by Enderdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

It happens...to my computer and phone.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

My desktop did the same exact thing yesterday. I had to reset the time manually. Five hours behind though.....

Weird. Any idea what's going on? I guess it's a good time to have an analog clock handy, eh?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Phones will normally sync time with the network, but on many, you can set the zone yourself.
Or, just a glitch in the system. That's why I've worn a watch for so many years, I don't have to depend on a system that can be hacked. Speaking of which, with all the stuff going on lately, with network attacks, maybe Verizon is feeling a little of it. But, I have them too and no problems with mine.
edit on 14-12-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Enderdog

It happens...to my computer and phone.

I've never had this happen. Maybe it's common and I've been lucky? I guess I need to not rely on the alarm function if it's going to randomly change time and date!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Try pulling the battery.... It's worth a shot.

That fixes a crap load of problems I usually have.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was actually kinda hoping for a future-person thread. We haven't had a good one in a while, unless I missed it!

And yeah, the time auto update can sometimes act a bit funky on electronic devices in general. Usually a reboot or manual setting will fix it.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Speaking of which, with all the stuff going on lately, with network attacks, maybe Verizon is feeling a little of it. But, I have them too and no problems with mine.

That was actually my first thought, but I can't find any chatter about it on the Internet.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Try pulling the battery.... It's worth a shot.

That fixes a crap load of problems I usually have.

I went to settings and manually changed it. But thanks I'll keep that in mind if it changes again. Not such a smart phone after all, haha.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I was actually kinda hoping for a future-person thread. We haven't had a good one in a while, unless I missed it!

And yeah, the time auto update can sometimes act a bit funky on electronic devices in general. Usually a reboot or manual setting will fix it.

Yeah, I wish I knew the winning lottery numbers or something else spectacular. But alas, it's just a glitch in MY matrix.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Ok, not really, but I just looked at my cell phone and it says it's Dec 15th @ 12:38AM. Five hours ahead of the real time. I did nothing to it. I thought it got the time from the network (Verizon.) ...Anybody got a clue? Five hours ahead of the real time. WTH???

You got into Brit time somehow?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: new_here

You got into Brit time somehow?

I reckon. I always wanted to visit there, but apparently only my phone gets to. :\

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

But that future is where it and everything else happens, the "now"... Even when it is 12:30 it is 5:00 somewhere...

hahaha

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
my android time was reset 2 days ago to..

1 hour behind ...yeeeah.. have NO idea how that could even happen
edit on 14-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My toddler changes my time zones when she gets hold of my phone.

Don't know how she manages it but often ends up on Venezuelan Standard Time.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well it is actually 4:06 pm here.

you slow pokes with your future phones will never compete with us Aussies. Out entire country is in the future.

By the way, when you get to where I am, don't mind the mess.

Oo

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
yea, whatever.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
yea, whatever.

Profound. Thanks for sharing.

top topics

join