It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi Resolution Desktop Wallpaper. Images from the Hubble Telescope. Awesome.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was looking for some desktop wallpaper when I came across the hubble site. The wallpapers on this download page are just simply amazing. I just wanted to post it here to let others know so they could enjoy it also.

hubblesite.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Those are freaking awsome! Its amazing how artistic nature really is sometimes isn't it?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
thanks...

why would "they" "kill" the hubble???

it produces such great pics

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Makes you wonder why they can spend billions on crap, yet let something die that takes these pictures that are a true gift to humanity. But there is a replacement in the works for hubble. Better off to let the money go to a improved replacement even if we have to wait a few years for more pictures. Who knows, the rovers have lasted way past their prime. Maybe hubble will too.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Land Hubble on the dark side of the moon, then we could get some really good shots! And fix the thing. Setup a repair shop there...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
thanks...

why would "they" "kill" the hubble???

it produces such great pics

Why I'd take a soldier iron and kill that bastard with my bear hands! He thinks he's all invulnerable up there but I'd show him.

Oh, and nice photos!

[edit on 12-12-2004 by ChrisRT]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Those pictures are absolutely amazing! I have the deep field picture as my wallpaper now. Thanks for the link.

I think it would be hard to believe that there is NO other intelligent life out there after seeing the sheer number of galaxies in this picture.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I think it would be hard to believe that there is NO other intelligent life out there after seeing the sheer number of galaxies in this picture.

Oh, there is intelligent life out there. Allot of it. Even the most ignorant to admit it know there is. The thing that doesn�t excite most is the fact that it 'may' be far, far away. Who knows? Our closest neighbor may harbor it. Just because we can�t detect radio waves by them doesn�t mean they don�t exists. They may have no, or will ever use radio waves...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Here is a link to hubbles supposed replacement. It isn't going to be launced supposedly untill 2011. Thats sucks.

www.stsci.edu...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thanks so much for sharing, I forget how wonderful space can be. Space is so alive.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Thanks for info

the pictures are really wonderful -they are great ticket for your mind travel

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I found the official page with archives of all the images pretty much. This is better than the first I found but I don't have an edit button. Oh well. Check these out. They are even better.

hubble.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've been searching through the archives alot recently, here is one of my favourite images:

hubblesite.org...

Take a look at the high resolutuion image (4.9Mb)

They also have photos showing the location of the area in the above image, its next to the Andromeda Galaxy (M31):

imgsrc.hubblesite.org...

Zooming out further reveals the location of the galaxy within the Andromeda constellation:

imgsrc.hubblesite.org...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by nibiru]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Beyond Cool

stare at these pictures forever they never cease to amaze me. the universe is the end all and be all for everything we live for, it makes you feel so insagnifigant but then leaves you with a feeling of gratification that you know when its all said and done there is so much to learn. i hope when i die i can traverse the nebula in a varient fashion, and may the evil men find themselves lost in the frey of the globular clusters!

my fav...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow that red and black one looks like Australia

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Some nice pics there.

I found this one most interesting,

Uncanny.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
lol, thats brilliant!!