It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
BBC are reporting one hostage and the gun man are dead.

Also reporting that it was tge gunmans actions that triggered the armed incursion - not clear if he shot/killed a hostage

From what i could make out, there were shots fired inside the cafe as hostages were escaping. Police acted and breached the premises resulting in a firefight leading to the death of the gunman. It is unknown how the second hostage died, but i would guess it had to do with the gunfire preceding the raid.
edit on 15-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

My thoughts are that they were scared of causing an explosion, killing many more people. After all, that's exactly why police didn't act minutes after they arrived on scene, instead waiting until after a hostage was shot and it was clear more were going to be injured.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i think people are too worried about it being called an isis flag when it wasnt.
who friggin cares?
it was a hostage situation and people were dead. thats what matters

ive been thinking about this last night...
its fight or flight right? thats the usual response

how is it that nobody in 15 hours made a move on 1 asshole with a shotgun?
shotguns have long draws on them. couldnt have that thing pointed at all people the entire time.

takes but a second to rip his throat out or liquify his eyeball with a thumb.
im serious here.

it does not take much skill, strength, or time to totally wreck someone....

i know it is easy to sit on the sides and say i would do this or that....i am confident i would though.
my house was broken into when i was a child and i told myself i would never again be a victim...
i dont like people in general and that goes double for an asshole with a gun trying to keep me away from my family.

too bad innocent people had to die. would have been much better if it was just him

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Please be civil. This is a big, fast moving story. Don't blow your posting privileges/membership by going off the deep end.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ManiShuck

why? he didnt have a bomb
was he holding something he was trying to pass off as a detonator or something?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

1. ISIS has called world wide for just these events to take place.

2. Radical is radical to us.

3. Why so many determined its not an ISIS thread with ISIS apologists now online, (not just this forum) as if any of us are willing to accept ISIS as some legimate piece of furniture not going away. They are not a new power in the world, they are primitive murderous dismembering psychotic terrorists that need to all be done in or thrown in prisons. But they're being coddled by posters online? Oh really?

On another note, while this going on, the Opera House was in shut down, suspicious package. Find it very very odd.

rt.com...

And the Opera House:

twitter.com...

Happening at the same time!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Do we really need to escalate these conversations right now? 2 people are dead and many are wounded. We are waiting for more information, and i personally don't feel like reading pointless garbage by multiple people with their own agendas.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
i think people are too worried about it being called an isis flag when it wasnt.
who friggin cares?
it was a hostage situation and people were dead. thats what matters

ive been thinking about this last night...
its fight or flight right? thats the usual response

how is it that nobody in 15 hours made a move on 1 asshole with a shotgun?
shotguns have long draws on them. couldnt have that thing pointed at all people the entire time.

takes but a second to rip his throat out or liquify his eyeball with a thumb.
im serious here.

it does not take much skill, strength, or time to totally wreck someone....

i know it is easy to sit on the sides and say i would do this or that....i am confident i would though.
my house was broken into when i was a child and i told myself i would never again be a victim...
i dont like people in general and that goes double for an asshole with a gun trying to keep me away from my family.

too bad innocent people had to die. would have been much better if it was just him

It was reported like almost 12 hours ago it wasnt an ISIS flag and whos it was lol some people dont move on from things.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Anyone else notice at 1:01 in the link below the video glitches and shows slightly differant angle for 1 frame? Almost like it wasn't live or something?

www.skynews.com.au...
edit on 15-12-2014 by HanaDambi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So sorry to hear about the loss of life in the hostages. Such a very sad day for their families and friends. Hopefully they can find some comfort somehow..

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Do we really need to escalate these conversations right now? 2 people are dead and many are wounded. We are waiting for more information, and i personally don't feel like reading pointless garbage by multiple people with their own agendas.

What information?
Does it matter why the shooting started? The radical jihadist created the situation all blame is on him and radical islam.
If he shot as he went suicidal or if patrons were escaping again, or if patrons rose up against him does not matter, the scumbag is dead.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanaDambi
Anyone else notice at 1:01 in the link below the video glitches and shows slightly differant angle for 1 frame? Almost like it wasn't live or something?

www.skynews.com.au...

No, they are showing 3 angles of it, it was live.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hamburgler101

It was reported like almost 12 hours ago it wasnt an ISIS flag and whos it was lol some people dont move on from things.

im aware of that

some people are not hung up on what type of flag it actually is
oh
lol

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

What information?
Does it matter why the shooting started? The radical jihadist created the situation all blame is on him and radical islam.
If he shot as he went suicidal or if patrons were escaping again, or if patrons rose up against him does not matter, the scumbag is dead.

I imagine that there are more conferences to come and further information to be revealed. I think it matters that we do get to the bottom of this, but at least the situation is over, and at least the NSW police done a good job in ending it.

I wasn't intending to target you specifically in my comment. Just in general. To you, the individual of whom you were replying to, and others.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So guys kind of late to the show, been working all day.

Any info on who done the raid was it a PTG or was it one of the TAG units.

Just curious.

not seen anything on the news yet about that.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
From my impressions of watching the video on the police going in, I can't hear any gunshots until AFTER the SWAT team go in. So I think they are spinning this as a 'reactive' raid as a hostage has been killed in the raid. 'He shot first!'

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think these law enforcement officials did a fine job given the circumstances.

A bit of engagement history.

Being a former law enforcement officer, and seeing how things changed dramatically here in the USA, over the Columbine School Shooting, active shooters must be engaged asap.

I will explain a bit more so everyone understands.

With the advent of many school shootings, in the USA, it was discovered by experts that waiting for a swat team, or allowing the perpetrators, once they started shooting to continue was a big mistake. It was determined, that more lives would be saved if the first officers on scene engaged the shooter, asap.

Today most officers are combat trained to respond, and engage the shooters as soon as they hit the scene.

I remember spending 4 months training for active shooter engagement, in fact, here in the Detroit area we had empty schools to use as real models, if we failed the training we had to start all over again.

Again in situations like these there are only degrees of loss, be they physical, emotional, or lives.

My heart, prayers, and sympathies go out to the families that were affected. And I will also say a prayer for the perpetrator because he is going to need it now.

Peace,

RT
edit on 15-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanaDambi

www.skynews.com.au...

Here we go...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

What information?

I thought about that, why didn't they over power him - watch the footage of the people who escaped - mainly women or young kids =who are so self absorbed by nature. Any Aussie male worth their salt would have taken him on a while ago.

They kept showing footage of the gun man clearly - why wasn't he shot in the face then..../shrug

But I will say if there were men of about age 30-40 in there, they would have taken him out inside - or died trying. All those hostages were your typical dependents IMHO.
edit on 15-12-2014 by hamburgler101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join