It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Wouldn't surprise me. Good tactic. People are smart enough these days to be watching the news and paying attention to social media when they perform this type of jackassery.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I don't think calming is the motive for police tape .
High visibleity is more probable

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

its the only footage of anything happening in the last 5 hours.

they'll keep it on loop until something else happens id imagine.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Thanks for that link not available in my country though (Australia) but ill look up our Sky news

No im not buying it either especially if they are negotiating with him!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

yeah i saw that too reminded me of when they did the same thing in speed back in the day ,just hope they can resolve this quickly with out loss of life

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There is a bit of confusion as to whether the hostages were officially released or escaped. One individual that was interviewed said he received information from ground offices that they had escaped, but it is still not confirmed officially.

A terrorism expert interviewed on one of the channels also stated that the gunmen appears to be inexperienced...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: isisfliir
false flag

Does everything have to be a false flag?

I bet you think that everyone involved in this situation are crisis actors too...lol.
edit on 14-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

Everything police use in Australia is checkered blue and white. Their cars, it's on the uniform, it covers their police stations etc.

I know, I think the checkered thing is a little dumb, but I think it's VERY dumb to use it for police tape. You want high visibility.

There's a reason caution signs and the like are yellow. Because it's far more noticeable. I know you all are conditioned to know that pattern and those colors mean police, but MAN it seems like a bad idea to use those colors and that pattern to cordon off an area.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
There is a bit of confusion as to whether the hostages were officially released or escaped. One individual that was interviewed said he received information from ground offices that they had escaped, but it is still not confirmed officially.

A terrorism expert interviewed on one of the channels also stated that the gunmen appears to be inexperienced...

If they can confirm one gunman, all that is needed is one good sniper, one bullet and this is over.

No negotiations required.

link   

Yeah that's a decent point, the blue mightn't stand out a lot but the white is highly reflective, and it does have police line do not cross or whatever it is written on it.

link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

most suicide bombers are inexperienced...

link   
a reply to: sweord

That may be, but news 7 is now looping old footage as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I now cringe when i read/hear false flag! Every single thing along these lines that happens someone will pop up and say it, i mean absolutely no offense to them but i read it in every single thread when there is a crisis like this especially when terrorists are involved.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie

I don't think calming is the motive for police tape .
High visibleity is more probable

Blue and white checkers are FAR less visible than yellow tape.

VS.

Maybe it's just me. From far away I wouldn't be able to tell the tape was checked in that pattern with the Australian tape. I would be able to tell it was yellow though, and could read the message from farther away with US police tape.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: daaskapital

I now cringe when i read/hear false flag! Every single thing along these lines that happens someone will pop up and say it, i mean absolutely no offense to them but i read it in every single thread when there is a crisis like this especially when terrorists are involved.

Around here It's almost always either a false flag, fake with crisis actors, or some part of a grand Zionist/mossad conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Its coming up peak hour in Sydney.
I'm advising all my friends not to take the trains or the buses and to think about keeping a pair of scissors in their bags.

Somethings not right here, waiting all day like this is concerning.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
breaking : 2x hostages have made contact with channel 9 news.

sounds like the hostage taker is desperate to get a global audience.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

keeping a pair of scissors in their bags.

Are you worried this is an attack by the yarn cult?

Why scissors?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

in our office (global firm) we're taught that if anything happens and your taken hostage, your best bet is a pair of scissors into the jugular of the offender - if it comes to that.

if i was in that cafe and realized ''the man'' was going to detonate.. id charge at him with scissors going straight for his throat.

your dead anyway, atleast you can try.

im guessing no one has scissors in their possession

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join