It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Didn't people say that cell phone coverage has been cut?

Or did he speak to the hostage prior to that?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is the producers creating bulls**t to start a civil war in this country, that's what mass Muslim immigration is all about, force us to co exist, give them welfare while we slave ourselves to death, constantly tell both sides how much the other hates you, once they turn off the welfare tap in this country, it's on, the former welfare recipients will hunt down and thieve from the middle class till our society fully melts down, bang, military state.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yep, that is very true.

It just takes one a-hole to ruin the lives of a lot of people. Even if everyone gets out of this safely, the hostages will be forever scarred.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wagtail

Britain, Canada, Australia, NZ follow a similar line and treat these things as criminal not as "terror". The philosophy being that the investigative forces are the best to handle them, not the military.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Didn't people say that cell phone coverage has been cut?

Or did he speak to the hostage prior to that?

It was revealed that no phone coverage was cut at all, last i read.

No disruption to mobile services in the city

This is from Deputy Technology Editor Ben Grubb: Despite Channel Seven reports that mobile phone services have been shut down in the CBD at the request of police this is not the case. "There is no disruption to Optus' mobile network in the Sydney CBD. Customers' voice and data services are operational," an Optus spokeswoman said. Telstra and Vodafone spokespeople would not comment, although it's understood they have not shut down services either. The issues may be related to congestion from people posting photos to social media using the mobile networks and making calls at the same time. NSW Police is yet to comment on whether it is using any mobile phone jamming equipment, although use of such equipment is illegal unless approved by the communications regulator, the Australian Communications and Media Authority.

www.smh.com.au...
edit on 14-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The daily telegraph is not worth wiping your ass with.

Not that many newspapers are...

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ok thanks for clearing that up pal.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How odd.
I remember someone telling me what a delightful place this was without guns.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No worries.

link   
a reply to: tramman2000

You are new...ATS isn't Youtube. Frightened racist remarks aren't all that welcome here. With respect.
edit on 14-12-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Walsh
As much as the Muslim Umma (nation) this has been our stance for a long time . ... their is no room for Extremist in Islam . period

Denying an issue does not make it go away, unfortunately. There is plenty of "room" for extremism in all the Abrahamic faiths.

But I really do not wish to go off topic and hope this terrible situation can come to an end as peacefully and quickly as possible.

edit on 14/12/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar
How odd.
I remember someone telling me what a delightful place this was without guns.

This really isn't the place to talk about gun control. Yes, we all know that criminals can still get a hold of guns, but history shows that gun control limits the amounts of large-scale shootings which occur. That said, i think this discussion is rather pointless, considering this criminal would have acquired a weapon regardless of whether or not Australia had gun control laws. In fact, it probably would have been easier for him to acquire weapons if Australia hadn't implemented anything.
edit on 14-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TRiPWiRE

Thanks for taking the time to let us know, my thoughts are with your other cousin that is still at her work.

I guess they would be going extensively throught CCTV footage of the area to see if any explosives or suspicious objects were planted anywhere, but if there was it could have all been put in place days ago for all we/they know.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
two or three people just ran out.

and It looks as though police are moving.

something has happened
edit on 14-12-2014 by sweord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
channel 7 reporting some hostages are running out of the cafe

link   
a reply to: sweord

watching live anywhere?

link   
some peoplenare running out

link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: tramman2000

You are new...ATS isn't Youtube. Frightened racist remarks aren't all that welcome here. With respect.

One last time.

Religion is not a race.

It is LEARNED behavior.

link   
looks like according to ray hadleys radio show that some hostages are being released....lets hope its all of them

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reports are he may have released some

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join