It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You don't live in glorious Sydney and think that your morning cuppa will end up with a lunatic with a gun. They must be petrified those poor poor people. a reply to: Shana91aus

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ensinger23
I honestly can't come up with words for this. The video link is down, but I'm sure I'll find it in other news sources. Thanks for bringing this here. S&F

SkyNews is carrying it live.

news.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: Realtruth

Your totally right, all i can hope is that the outcome today is a good one and that the innocent people inside get out unharmed.

I personally think that if something was gping to happen i mean something big it would have happened by now, but these situations are so unpredictable.

The media attention is BAD BAD BAD, this is exactly what these guys want. My reasoning is that if they wanted to blow the place up, or kill people then they would have already done it, but this group is seeking media attention.

It should be standard operating procedure to not have any media present in these situations.

If these idiots get the attention, and demands even closely met we can bet there will me more and more of this rubbish.

edit on 14-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital... the customer saw two others with the man. That means that there are probably three gunmen if the man is to be believed.

Those other two were probably his handlers. They've skipped by now.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I was thinking the same thing. It reminds me of that Foghorn Leghorn cartoon of old..."Your gums are flapping but nuthin's comin' out!"

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Walsh

We certainly have a part. Our interests and our way of life must be protected at any cost. And that is the thin red line.

I was leannig toward the west needs a Gandalf saying,' They shall not pass!' Then back it up like he did.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53
a reply to: feelingconnected

I was just watching the Head Officer for NSW Police and he has said they aren't at all related to ISIS. They also said they wont be getting into the details of who the flag belongs too just yet..

I know Daily Mail isn't the greatest with news, but they're claiming the flag belongs to Al-Nasuri.

The group publicly announced its presence in Syria in a January 2012 video statement. In early April 2013, Jabhat al-Nusra pledged allegiance to al-Qa'ida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and confirmed the group has received funding and operatives from AQI.

Jabhat al Nusra, or JN's stated objectives are to remove the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and once this is achieved, to replace it with a Sunni Islamic state.

Although the group is affiliated with al-Qaeda, JN has previously not emphasised an attack Western targets or global jihad, focusing instead on the ‘near enemy’ of the Syrian state.

Jabhat al Nusra?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Does anyone else find this sort of in bad taste?

Of course not the message, just the conveyance. Twitter should not be the microphone politicians use in times of crisis. That's probably just my opinion. It just seems tacky. Tackier still that it's not even the PMs typing it out.

Issue a statement, don't do it on Twitter. I feel like an old curmudgeon.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: amraks

Coincidence.

More than likely the location was chosen due it's proximity to channel 7, rather than the name of the street.

The location is the same location that prior ISIS supporters had planned to kidnap and behead a member of the public "before they were caught in the planning stage".

This is ISIS supporters (may not be ISIS themselves, but supporters or wannabe's FOR SURE).

TO those supporting or sympathising with the actions of these people and those like them.. You should be put behind bars too because your just scum, plain and simple..!!

link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: daaskapital... the customer saw two others with the man. That means that there are probably three gunmen if the man is to be believed.

Those other two were probably his handlers. They've skipped by now.

That sounds very much plausible, but there have been numerous reports of there being two gunmen inside the building. If there's two, why can't there be three? Unless the third is the handler.

I think we need more information. But three gunmen sounds just as plausible as two. We'll see though. It would make sense for a handler to accompany the gunman/gunmen to the location, or near it.

link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I think it's just a want to be showing support..

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah thats vile a reply to: Domo1

link   
a reply to: Realtruth

The media attention is BAD BAD BAD, this is exactly what these guys want. My reasoning is that if they wanted to blow the place up, or kill people then they would have already done it, but this group is seeking media attention.

It should be standard operating procedure to not have any media present in these situations.

If these idiots get the attention, and demands in closely met we can bet there will me more and more of this rubbish.

Couldn't agree more, even if I'm being hypocritical. It's the same thing with school shootings.

I don't mind them reporting an event, but let's not go and make people famous, or their screwed up messages famous. Say something like "the individual was angry at the government" and don't post the manifesto.

link   
a reply to: Domo1

I agree, nothing personal about twitter, feels like the easy way out.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963 Black Market ? take it you were joking

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I know
i know many people from Sydney, i hope that it doesn't lose it's laid back attitude and atmosphere because of this, i hope our whole country doesn't.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Representative for the Australian Muslim Community:
"What we see today is terrible." "We are horrified."
"Unfortunately our young people have been targeted by a [radical] propaganda campaign." "We need to counter-act this."
"They have hijacked our faith. They are a disgrace to our religion."
"We will not let them cause social upheavel."
"The authorities have our full support and confidence." "We are part of the society we are proud to belong to. The safety and cohesion of Australia and it's citizens are as important to us as anyone else. We will not these terrorists divide us."
"They claim they are acting on behalf of Islam. This community disowns them."
"This is a test of our national character."

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Its not about personal its marketing a reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I know
i know many people from Sydney, i hope that it doesn't lose it's laid back attitude and atmosphere because of this, i hope our whole country doesn't.

You won't. Australians are tough and spirited.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

As far as I can see we all do know about it "by now".

No we don't know...

It's all speculation at the moment.

Live terror is going to get coverage just the same as them offing people in the desert where they have to make their own videos of it for social media. The effect is the same, terror.

That's very true.

Islamic State encourages this stuff to be done in their name.

If everyone survives and this ends peacefully, inshallah, Islamic State will never associate this with their name.

When it happens there is supposed to be some sort of litmus test according to you to judge if it is Islamic State?

No litmus test according to me, it's common sense that if this isn't in fact IS, but Al Nusra or an unknown terror cell within Australia then it's a whole different ball game for intelligence agencies...
But you can jump to conclusions all you like.

Then the Islam defending apologists will argue it wasn't them.

& the Islamophobes will lump all 1.6 billion Muslims together as well...

Pathetic.

Indeed!
edit on 14-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join