It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

We certainly have a part. Our interests and our way of life must be protected at any cost. And that is the thin red line.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: bellagirl

Yeah pretty much their whole news room building is glass aswell isn't it? I know because they were saying they saw the whole event unfold.

The commissioner seems confident atleast that the outcome will be positive, however all the questions that have been asked that would give us proper info he can't answer yet, but i guess thats understandable.

yes thats correct. it is a complete glass front which looks out onto martin place. Straight across the road is where it is happening.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

The commissioner seems confident atleast that the outcome will be positive, however all the questions that have been asked that would give us proper info he can't answer yet, but i guess thats understandable.

Dealing in situations like this one, especially with radicals unfortunately there are only degrees of loss.

If this group is truly an Islamic extremist organization they consider themselves already dead, and to die in Allah's honor is a great act of courage.

It's a completely different mindset then the western way of thinking.
edit on 14-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes i seen that too, i think there was alot of speculation going by the flag alone by 'experts' & 'media' earlier. Its obviously some extreamest. But who & what for we are yet to be told. The reports seem to have dropped the word gunmen to gunman ive noticed as well. reply to: Emerald53

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In the picture of the Hostage taker, it shows him with his hand close to the womans body, and this makes me think that his positioning negates a heavy duty gun. But with as many people there, will they attempt to disarm him at some point?

They seem to talk as if there is only one hostage taker?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Is this your Prime speaking now?

www.2gb.com...

Amazing how politicians sound the same!

"We have the best of the best police working on this". We have been, we are, and we will continue to work on this. "This will not change how we live our lives everyday".

Circumstances are a nightmare, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I heard him. Sounded so American, except for the cooler accent of course. ( I have no idea who he was..........missed the introduction)
edit on 12/14/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

link   
Its kinda like the glass windows at 30 rock for the morning show. a reply to: bellagirl

link   
West field Miranda being cleared now.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That's miles away? a reply to: antar

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just read an article involving a man who had purchased a coffee at the shop, and actually bumped into the gunman on his way down the street...the only thing is, the customer saw two others with the man. That means that there are probably three gunmen if the man is to be believed.

goo.gl...
edit on 14-12-2014 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

I thought I saw somewhere it was claimed he had a handgun.

I was going to say I would have gotten pretty stabby at this point, then realized he may have explosives wired up or claim that he does.

They are making it sound like just one but haven't ruled out more officially.
edit on 1420141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I honestly can't come up with words for this. The video link is down, but I'm sure I'll find it in other news sources. Thanks for bringing this here. S&F
edit on 12/14/2014 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I don't disagree with what you say Tinfoil...

However, imo, if this was IS, we'd know about it by now.

My personal opinion is that it's a nutjob extremist with a grudge against what people have said is a non-Halal business.

If I'm wrong I'll admit it.

As far as I can see we all do know about it "by now". Live terror is going to get coverage just the same as them offing people in the desert where they have to make their own videos of it for social media. The effect is the same, terror.

They are all nutjob extremists, Islamic State encourages this stuff to be done in their name. When it happens there is supposed to be some sort of litmus test according to you to judge if it is Islamic State? I see a black flag with their same message on it, hostages, talk of beheading, they will go suicidal as soon as they get the imagery they are after. Then the Islam defending apologists will argue it wasn't them. Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Your totally right, all i can hope is that the outcome today is a good one and that the innocent people inside get out unharmed.

I personally think that if something was gping to happen i mean something big it would have happened by now, but these situations are so unpredictable.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I'm hoping it's a good sign we haven't heard of anyone being killed.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Oops.
edit on 1420141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Apparently the CiA etc have reached out and offered help aswell.

link   

link   
Thoughts and prayers for the innocents caught up in this evil act of terror.

The unimaginable horror they must be going through now is beyond words.

All one can do is hope, pray it ends well for them.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join