It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU funds help Poland build ghost airports...The madness continues with the eocnomy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... I think most people on this website know the eocnomy is headed for utter disaster.Just more proof how crazy things have gotten.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sounds like corporatism is in full swing over there too.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If they were to build university campuses next to them and gave them decent research funding along with cafes and shops, they might be able to create local jobs in construction, cleaning, student services and entertainment.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
They need to corner a niche...Maybe they could fly directly into ISIS territory. This could actually solve two problems. First, it might make the venture profitable, and you will have all the terrorist wannabees in Europe flocking to one location. They would only carry passengers one way obviously. Seriously though, there has to be a motive behind this. Knowing that it will be next to impossible to attract airlines to a place that is not likely to receive much business, either there is a lot of wishful thinking going on, or there is some other motive. Is it simply to create temporary jobs? I personally find that hard to believe. I've always thought that there's good chance someone is up to no good when those in positions of power act against common sense to such a degree that you just shake your head in confusion. That is just a rule of thumb of course, and I suppose that I only have a fraction of the facts in this case, so I might be wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I wonder is those airports are being built on prime agricultural land? planners are stupid enough to plan that sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I wonder is those airports are being built on prime agricultural land? planners are stupid enough to plan that sort of thing.

Prime agricultural land always has perfect water supply, so the ground doesn't flood and become marshy or dry out and suffer subsidence. Unfortunately, that makes it the most desirable land for construction.

Then you want to keep an airport away from urban areas due to noise and safety concerns, so that again restricts the location to somewhere rural.

top topics

join