It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dick cheney says he would torture again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think Jimmy Dore breaks down the "why not torture" argument pretty well here in this clip from TYT. The video below should be set to play from the start of his short speech but if not you can jump to 1:43 to hear it. **Language Warning**

edit on 14-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Why not torture?

Listen to this 'Liberal bubble' said BACK IN 2002.

FORGET, for the moment, what we knew and when we knew it. Assume that we knew it all -- and even, by some miracle, had kept hijackers with boxcutters from turning airliners into missiles. Where would the United States be now in the fight against global terrorism?

I have no question in my mind that had it not been for 9/11 -- and I'd do anything if it hadn't happened -- that it would have been business as usual,'' said Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California. ''It took that real attack, I think, to kind of shiver our timbers enough to let us know that the threat is profound, that we have to do some things that historically we have not wanted to do to protect ourselves.''

www.nytimes.com...

Senator D. Feinstein.

Back in 2002 Feinstein agreed with that 'conservative'.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

He's the public face of the plan (one of many). People like Cheney are made to look repulsive due to their actions, in order to prevent people from finding out the real cause of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
He is a sociopath. He is a war criminal. He was instrumental in the execution of 911. He is a traitor to humanity and enemy of the peaceful people of the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I would guess that torture wouldn't bother a man that managed to get deferments during the Vietnam war until he was no longer of age. We had a name for people like him on the streets,but I can't say it here due to it being too dirty to say. He failed in college not once but twice. Then dropped out of further studies. He has been sliding by his whole life.This is why I believe 100% that him,Bush and everyone else involved needs to go before a world court and be tried for their crimes. That will wake up our politicians to the fact that the WORLD will hold them accountable. Nothing else matters to them but money.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

WTF are you even talking about???

What does Liberal or Conservative have anything to do with "Not Torturing" someone???

I don't give a rats ass about who is doing it or condoning it. Those on the Left who are doing it are just as wrong as those on the Right, it makes no difference to me.

You need to stop crying about partisanship once and a while and stop assuming you know everything because you don't. My comment has nothing to do with partisan politics. It's about Torture being wrong and illegal, that's it. Go push your partisan labels on someone else cause they don't belong here. If Feinstein is pro torture then round her up with the others.

If you are so loyal to your partisanship then go ahead and defend the sick torturing bastards all you want while pointing your finger at the Left also. Personally I don't care what side the person is on, who started it or who is continuing it. It's illegal and that's not what we are supposed to be doing and have signed treaties saying that we won't. So anyone who does is a damn Criminal. That includes Chaney and Bush and the rest of them that we know for a fact were part of it and are still defending it. If the Democrats were and are doing the same then they're Criminals as well and should be included. What's so difficult to understand about that??
edit on 14-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dick calls the torture report, "hooey". Hahaha, I love when murderous war criminal scumbags use the word, "Hooey".

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No, I believe what I see and what I know! Do you believe that the Obama administration would not do the same thing if a large attack happened tomorrow? You're damn right he would. What you are seeing is spin and bulls#it to divert the public's attention.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: roadgravel

No, I believe what I see and what I know! Do you believe that the Obama administration would not do the same thing if a large attack happened tomorrow?

"Objection. Speculation, your Honor."

You are putting up something that happened against something that didn't.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I simply do not understand how any rational person who has looked at the recently released data could conclude that torture works. Heck, common sense will tell you that torture is not effective. You can get anyone to say ANYTHING when they're being tortured. It is basically a biological response, considering that the victim will do or say anything to get the pain to stop. I mean really? Yet I'm sure that those who supported this man and what he stands for will continue to do so. That is a big part of what is wrong with our world...people.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This man can not die soon enough. I hope he suffers. Shameful example of a human.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Whats up with his strange face? it looks nonhuman

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
I'm interested in knowing what would you do in the same situation as Cheney? It is very easy to criticize when you have never been at the pointy part of the spear. Everyone condemns the action of Cheney during that time when we were attacked by a virtually unknown enemy that just killed 3000 Americans. How would you prevent another attack that may have killed even more innocent Americans?

I understand your moral outrage but war is a brutal event. The side that is unwilling to do all that's required is surely to be defeated. Faux bravery and moral outrage never won any war!

In the week after 9-11, our intel people was concerned about another attack was eminent on New York city. This time it was a nuke. Bush sent Cheney there to calm the local leadership. Luckily it never came!

How many of you would be brave enough to do that or even tell the truth about doing the same in the future? The thing that is a moral outrage to me is the number of people that are so foolish to think that any administration wouldn't do the same.

Torture is a criminal act of war, as made so by none other than us! We have no excuse for breaking the war laws we forced the rest of the world to follow, intentions be damned.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You are missing my point! Whatever group that is in power would react in a similar manner. The government would always react to protect itself. Cheney is just the poster child for the uninformed to have a face to blame for the misdeeds of the government. Cheney is the face of torture and Lois Lerner is another miscreant to be reviled.

I stand by my statement as to not getting caught up in the political spin. Both sides are guilty of muddying the waters. They all do this so their misbehavior is overlooked by the general population long enough to be forgotten or past the next election cycle.

Don't get sucked in to this torture debate. Neither side can or will give you the definition of torture because it's a sliding scale depending on "their" needs.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh please, all the people expending energy on hatred towards Cheney are ridiculous. He did not order this, he followed orders. Did he benefit? Yup, but he's not the architect of this insanity. People above him are. But sure, get sucked into the two party debate because it's only human to be divided when you can unite and secure true freedom for everyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cheney never 'tortured' anyone...just like he probably doesn't do his own laundry, clean his toilet bowl etc. etc. etc...

Not hard to see why he thinks it 'worked'...it didn't require him to perform any rectal medical procedures, except on those he can get to assume the position...

Å99

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

The guy never even left his desk. He didn't oversee the tortures personally. He just followed orders. Typical politician. Carry out an agenda and make the little people take the fall.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: akushla99

The guy never even left his desk. He didn't oversee the tortures personally. He just followed orders. Typical politician. Carry out an agenda and make the little people take the fall.

We've heard the 'I was just following orders' mantra before - someone made the decision, someone approved it, and someone carried it out...If you dont learn from the past, youre doomed to repeat it...

Å99

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Whenever I have listened to Cheney speak never was it a voice of reason. His my way or the highway style of rhetoric makes for a masterful manipulator capable of justifying any human evil.

I'm glad I'll never meet the man as I would not wish to shake hands with a true devil.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, Dick Cheney doesn't worry me nearly as much as he used to. Or I guess I should say his type doesn't worry me as much as they used to. Cheney is an obvious villain. And obvious villains are not nearly as scary as stealth villains who have relatively high levels of support. When you think about it, as soon as the shock from 9/11 wore off, Cheney lost his luster with the average American who probably supported him for the sake of patriotism for a while.

Obama might not be too popular these days but let's face it. He didn't really lose votes because people think he's as bad as Cheney (though he is). He lost votes because people like Fox News were effective at portraying him as incompetent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join