It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea parades an American "Conspiracy Theorist" who denounces the U.S. system

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

TOKYO — Just weeks after three Americans detained in North Korea were released, a U.S. citizen has shown up in the repressive state, appearing on television to denounce his home country as a “mafia enterprise” and call American democracy “an illusion.”

Although details remain sketchy, it seems that the man, Arturo Pierre Martinez of El Paso, willingly went to North Korea. He says he is not being detained.

At a news conference Sunday morning in Pyongyang, Martinez vigorously criticized the United States for alleged human rights violations.
Washington Post

Here we go again, another American who appears to be trying to defect into North Korea.

But wait there's more:

Several of Martinez’s remarks were extreme. He said that democracy in the United States was “an illusion” and that the “billionaires in power are nothing short of sociopathic megalomaniacs on the path to absolute world domination.” He also talked about unidentified flying objects, CIA involvement in the coc aine trade and “ultrasonic” devices that cause people to hear voices and experience bodily discomfort, CNN reported.

It sounds like this guy has been doing some research. However, I don't support his decision to go to North Korea

edit on 14-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Added link to article.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I do hope this idiot is not a member...

My guess....He is

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

He also talked about unidentified flying objects, CIA involvement in the doc aine trade and “ultrasonic” devices that cause people to hear voices and experience bodily discomfort, CNN reported.

Well of course he's a maniac, according to the Mainstream CNN…after all he spoke out against his own government. Pretty smart to do it from one of the "Axis" of evil governments. Sure to garner more attention that way.

If he tried getting an interview on the mainstream "News" in the states he would be ignored.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Member or not...what he said cannot be easily refuted.....
Perhaps Pyongyang has appealed to his capitalist tendencies with some cash inducement?
Americans make money....its what they do....it doesn't quite matter how....

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

He said that democracy in the United States was “an illusion” and that the “billionaires in power are nothing short of sociopathic megalomaniacs on the path to absolute world domination.”

Sounds about right, but yeah the fact he went to North Korea in the first place lol what a nutter. But then it does guarantee his views will more than likely hit the news and get out to the people. You aint gonna here that sorta # on U.S state media for sure.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well, he will get his 15 minutes of fame.

His problems will be in terms of his long term living conditions. As long as he is a PR asset to NK, he will be looked after and pandered to.

His error is in bringing in other subject matter such as UFOs into the discussion. NK should have had more sense and kept quiet on that front. MSM will bury him as an outright nut case, assuming of course, that he said those things, and he probably did.

NK cannot lose. They either make the US Govt look bad, or they show their own people that westerners are just crazy believing in UFOs and such like.

As for the US citizen, he is burning his bridges and the grass is only greener on the other side of the fence while it is watered.

While he will have his fame for now, I would not like to think about his standard of living in a years time. They will not trust him and are not likely to let him leave either. He could turn on NK in a heartbeat once he discovers they are not the fluffy nice place that he thinks they are.

I would not want to be in his shoes.

P

edit on 14/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

But what makes this idiot a maniac is the fact he went into the North Korea and we all know what's going on down there.

a reply to: Dabrazzo

Sooner or later he would be begging for us to bring him home.
edit on 14-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I would have preferred to see this guy square off in a debate with an opposing American view, so the North Koreans would have a broader view of American philosophies and explanations or counter arguments as to American government corruption (where and if it exists), so they can make up their own minds (as well as compare it to their own government's corruption (where and if it exists)), and not be further programmed by more one-sided propaganda.
edit on 14-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Meh, ho hum.
Interact with carbon copies of him daily on this site alone.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Meh, ho hum.
Interact with carbon copies of him daily on this site alone.

He must have enjoyed that his little rant would never be challenged by nary a one North Korean.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I would have preferred to see this guy square off in a debate with an opposing American view, so the North Koreans would have a broader view of American philosophies and explanations or counter arguments as to American government corruption (where and if it exists), so they can make up their own minds (as well as compare it to their own government's corruption (where and if it exists)), and not be further programmed by more one-sided propaganda.

You do realize he's in North Korea, right? Everything you said after "preferred" is pure fantasy.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well one thing I can give him is he has balls.

With the position he is taking, there is nothing the USA can offer. So he went somewhere he would be heard. Maybe he didn't fit in with the US way.

He isn't wrong you know, but he just left one mafia to join another.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: InTheLight

You do realize he's in North Korea, right? Everything you said after "preferred" is pure fantasy.

Of course, I can dream can't I?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
But what makes this idiot a maniac is the fact he went into the North Korea and we all know what's going on down there.

What exactly is "going on down" in North Korea? Are you refering to all the propaganda you see on/in the news? How do you KNOW any of this stuff is actually true? You don't...therefore you don't know that the guy is an idiot or a maniac for going into North Korea. He says he's not being detained...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Well that would be nice and fair wouldn't it?

Just one problem, nobody is fair in this game.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

Well that would be nice and fair wouldn't it?

Just one problem, nobody is fair in this game.

I just hope some of the people of North Korea see through this game.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
from the youtube dialog:

....... tried to enter North Korea by swimming across a river, only to be stopped and shipped back to the United States, where he was placed in a California psychiatric hospital.

Next he'll announce he's running for office.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
from the youtube dialog:

....... tried to enter North Korea by swimming across a river, only to be stopped and shipped back to the United States, where he was placed in a California psychiatric hospital.

Next he'll announce he's running for office.

Perhaps with promises to end government corruption.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you're going to dream things for North Korea why not dream that they had a society that would actually do something like that? Dream that they didn't invent history for their leaders (like how they came up with hamburgers?) and weren't a closed society that sends people to "reeducation camps" and the like? Just seems a bit silly to me to wish their current society allowed for something like open debate I guess

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Just crazy. What does he think North Korea is like? Does it remind him of simpler times? Or he's really just gone for the money and tv time?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join