It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spray LD the electricity producing "paint"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Could this be the answer?
Explanatory video here.....www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-12-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

already posted about a week ago on ATS Here

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A few years ago, I heard that a couple of krazy Canucks had invented electricity producing paint.......Then silence.....
I have wondered if they were still alive since,,,,,but it looks like things have progressed well......
applications abound for this technology but when will ir ever hit the market?
I do have hopes but I have already been waiting years for this update.....
Will this solve our severe energy problems? Im not sure, but it could go a long ways...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oh well Mods will adjust.....peace s

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Before the thread is closed, there are a lot of things they're not making very explicit here. Yay! they have a way to spray photo quantum dots onto a surface. That's nice.

Each quantum dot is almost 8% efficient at converting the incoming sunlight into energy. Not so good, but ok.

But each dot has a very small area. Even sprayed onto a surface, they're not the area of the surface. And the dots are little hemispheres, so the collection efficiency is not what it would be for a flat surface either.

They're not telling you that they don't have a way to collect the electrons produced. They just sit there on the surface of the dot. That's why you don't see a nice pic of a shingle with wires attached running a radio or something.

So there's this whole missing piece that's some sort of collection surface underneath that the dots are sprayed on, and then some sort of clear but conductive film that has to be stretched over them, only contacting the dot because if it contacts the plate below, it'll short. That part, it's not there for anyone.

For years, they've been able to make little invisible photo-Schottky diodes by sputtering doped silicon onto metal. It's about as efficient as this. But they were never able to collect the electrons THERE, either.

Another issue is, the material you spray on begins degrading immediately. Exposure to the elements, that's it. So it's not a product that's ready to go. What you have is a prof that wants a lot of funding.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

already posted about a week ago on ATS Here

Thread Closed.

Please add your comments here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-14-2014 by Springer because: Added link to existing thread

edit on 12-14-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join