It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Tornado in Los Angeles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:24 PM

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic.. Last year I thought I was going to freeze to death it was so cold. This year winter has felt like end of summer/fall weather.

If that doesn't show somethings up, I don't know what will. Growing up, I remember having snow every winter, and it being cold... Every winter. Now the weather is all over the place.

And you know what? That evidence isn't enough proof to convince people that something is wrong. People who don't want to believe something is wrong, won't acknowledge when something is wrong.

Winter hasn't even began, yo. It's still fall!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:45 PM
That was about as exciting as a 3.0 quake.....

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:11 AM
a reply to: soficrow

Still what?

There was a tornado in L.A. in '82, then one in Long Beach in '83, then nothing until now.

Not seeing the need to panic, and I'm definitely not seeing the need to site a movie as ridiculously terrible as "The Day After Tomorrow" to use as a foundation to incite worry and fear about the weather.

And furthermore, the was an EF0 with wind speeds of 65-85mph. That's a glorified dust devil, as far as tornadoes go.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:29 AM
a reply to: whiteblack

Don't believe ANYTHING from movies or internet until you see your own eyes.

Whenever anyone says, "You can't believe anything from the Internet," I just ask them if they use the library and whether or not they believe everything they read.

Point is, everyone needs to maintain a healthy scepticism about everything - and quadruple check their sources.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:28 PM
I Live in L.A. and I didn't even hear about this until now.
Looks more like a microburst than a proper Tornado. So it really wasn't a very big deal.
A proper tornado is one that touches down and rampages for a few miles.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:03 PM
Umm in the nineties it snowed in Huntington beach and LA, did that mean we were going to have to worry about a glacier forming???

There was also a small tornado in Westminster in the late eighties...It's not a big deal...
edit on 15-12-2014 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics
<< 1   >>