It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First Wingsuit High Five ... Amazing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Having had some experience with Wingsuits ( Farcry 4
) I know there's a thin line between life and death flying them , so this video is all the more amazing for both the length of flight and non death of the participants , the scenery is fantastic and the feeling of freedom they must experience is enviable.

High Five

edit on 14-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The birds and winged creatures do humble us.

This is too dangerous! No wonder the casualty rate.

Very miraculous to observe though.

How I wish they could invent something as simple as wings where by we could take off, fly and land safely under our own steam like cycling.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Having had some experience with Wingsuits ( Farcry 4
) I know there's a thin line between life and death flying them , so this video is all the more amazing for both the length of flight and non death of the participants , the scenery is fantastic and the feeling of freedom they must experience is enviable.

High Five

I'd be happy just cruising in the air, not trying to almost impale myself on some sticky up thing every second.
As for you my fat friend, you've been to too many Christmas parties to leave the ground even, except on a sleigh of course.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Base jumping gives me the willies! I can't understand why people take such a high risk. But to each his/her own... It is beautiful.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

if only I could afford to do such amazing things. I have been watching these videos far too much.

thanks for the nice vid I was hoping for some mid-flight type high five though. I was severely let down

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Amazing, yes.
Crazy too.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Most fascinating 14 minutes on ATS today!
Amazing what technology and knowledge will allow to be done with the human form.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hope they picked up their garbage.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So, just because I was curious I decided to see what one of these wing suits might cost...

Starting at around $1,055....not as bad as I thought.

And here is a cool wing suit designer page (I am not trying to "sell" anyone on this particular brand of wing suit, I have no idea how many companies make these things...etc etc)....I just thought the wing suit custom design thing was pretty cool and fun to play around with, for all those who dream of owning one of these.

...........btw, the video is NUTS and these guys are adrenaline junkies, for sure. Loved watching it though!

Tony Wing Suits Designer

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What happens if a wasp lands on your proboscis, or if you get an maddening itch ?

top topics

join