It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Season of the Witch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Not affording a person the choice of their life experience is oppression, and just because you may be able to make the best of a situation that has been forced on you, doesn't make it beneficial to be oppressed.

We are all born into circumstances out of our control, and largely powerless in face of them until we reach adulthood.
It is up to each of us to make what we will of those circumstances.
YOU choose to be constructive or destructive.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golden Rule

In the above story doña Soledad is a sorceress who has laid a trap for a fellow sorcerer in order to steal his personal power - power she needs to complete her own journey.
The way I see it, women are attracted to the energy that they observe in a man. The courting ritual is an assessment of that energy and its quality as tested under different circumstances. It is not a test as to whether the man in question is able to make them happy, protect them or be a good provider – these are secondary considerations. The difference between the sorceress doña Soledad in the above story and the everyday woman is that the machinations of the everyday woman are instinctive and not the outcome of conscious will. Therefore the ordinary portrait is mostly not as extreme and bold as described in this story.

Okay. I find it interesting that we each interpret that story differently. (I'm a fan of Castenada too!)

There is a reason the french call orgasm "le petit mort" -the little death. There is also a reason that many forms of art depict females as dangerous yet terribly attractive. Rape me, my friend, do it and do it again, waste me, ...I'm not the only one, I'm not the only one....

The death of ego. The confusing conflict between ones ego to survive at any and all costs, and the desire to break out of it's confines, be released to explore beyond it's confines of belief, and touch upon awareness of "other"; to be released from the ever demanding fear of death of self. This is an important ritual and experience in most spiritual practice, chamanistic and otherwise. That event made him highly aware that a part of him wanted to die, as much as the other part wanted to live. That as much as he was running from death, he was simultaneously running towards it.

(risk taking in males is statistically higher than in females....)

Nirvana. Orgasm. Release from the self and it's fear.

That said, I have never tried to kill a man in any physical way. Though I have destroyed his conditioned concepts and beliefs about reality, just by speaking, because he was from a different cultural background. He found it painful yet exciting- and ultimately freeing.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Your posts here are fascinating and introspective, and seem to be delving into the depths....very scorpio stuff.

I'm not a Scorpio, though my son is, and we get along very well! I do have that fishy tail, that might enable me to swim down to the depths, as well as climb to the rocky heights with my goat-half! I can appreciate both views!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Golden Rule

hmmm
you'd think that all these occult adepts would be driving bmw's and living in mansions
instead you find many of them in hud subsidized housing units raising their kids alone possibly workingob one of those low wage jobs which probably isn't going to pay enough to get her off the public assistance programs.

I can't help laughing at this comment- because I drive a BMW. (A SUV with all the amenities, mon cher...)
I work, but because it is my passion, not because I have to- my husband makes 8 times my salary. I have a three hundred year old home in the south of France, and all my kids are educated and successful in their own right.
Yes, the proof is in the pudding. You only have much to share with others when your cup runneth over.......

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluesma

well guess what
when my son needed pants to fit him so he could go to school without looking like a nerd I just couldn't manifest the pants, or the money to buy the pants, or the materials necessary to sew the pants! And well when I asked my hubby for it he said he couldn't afford it and then went out and bought a boat!! (like I said in another thread we separated for awhile but well unless I can earn my keep we are worse off than if we stay together! Destroying him financially isn't an option for me!) My son quit school that year, lost out on his chance to go into the navy, and is now working for a local convenience store! All for a boat!!!!!

I am a bit uncomfortable asking this question- I have no desire to make you uncomfortable. But-

Who gave your son the idea that having nice pants would ensure his future success???
Was it you, or your husband?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What wonderfully fatalistic of you. I'm sorry for your situation growing up, but there are rather large swaths of humanity that aren't raised like that.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Can you tell me, is your family actually French originally or did you just move there, because you like it? What about the rest of your family? Is your husband French? And who is that beautiful person in your avatar picture? Is it you? I always thought it was a mask, until I looked closer recently and realised it was something else. And then I looked even closer a second time and noticed her eyes are pointing not in front of her as I initially saw, but to the side toward the person behind the camera! Now its hard to unsee. I am intrigued. She would make a fine subject for a series of pencil drawings.
edit on 16 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

And what is that? A naturally white quiff??

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I believe the reason many think of the woman as the "heart of the home", is that she does have the intent of using her skill to bring out the very best in her family and has their happiness as the only goal. There have been times when my husband's inner emotional world is in chaos and he doesn't know what to do with it all, feeling like he'll explode... At these times, I am aware that I'm "manipulating" his mind to settle and organize his thoughts and bring him to a place where he can think more clearly and "come out of it". Usually, with a lot of questions. He has to trust me completely with that and our relationship is such that I would never betray that trust.

By the same token, the reason many women are seen as "manipulative bitches" is that they are. They use their skills for their own betterment instead of the betterment of those they love. They don't deserve the trust and give the rest of us a bad name... What I don't know is... are they aware of it?

Very interesting post!

BH,

Your husband is a very fortunate man. I wish there were more women like you in this world.

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

What wonderfully fatalistic of you. I'm sorry for your situation growing up, but there are rather large swaths of humanity that aren't raised like that.

Like what? I didn't say anything about my particular situation...???

None of us choose our situation at birth and childhood. We all try to learn the most out of whatever we got!

edit on 17-12-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

Can you tell me, is your family actually French originally or did you just move there, because you like it? What about the rest of your family? Is your husband French?

I am originally from California. When I was 22, I met the man who is now my husband- he is french and was working in the US at the time. A year later, he had to go back home, and asked me if I would go with him. I knew nothing about France, and had no specific draw to it, but I had never had such a relationship that seemed so good, so I went.

The rest of my family remains in the US, and I don't see them often.

I cannot say that I like France more than the US- every time I visit home I cry a lot at leaving and come close to not getting back on the plane. But at this point, I feel like a foreigner in both countries, so I stay wherever I can be close to my kids and grandchildren. Some things here I have come to prefer.

And who is that beautiful person in your avatar picture?

I actually have no idea who that is, or who took it! While looking for another image one day on line, I saw that and just grabbed it and put it for avatar. It is a bit weird, but something in it appeals to me.

ETA- did some research and found out the photo is of Virginia Oldoini, Countess of Castiglione (22 March 1837 – 28 November 1899), better known as La Castiglione, born to an aristocratic family from La Spezia. She was a 19th-century Italian aristocrat who achieved notoriety as a mistress of Emperor Napoleon III of France. She was a supposed secret agent, who tried to unite France and Italy, and may have been why Paris was spared Prussian occupation.
I learn something everyday....

-and how relevant to a thread topic about the less visible, less acknowledged influence of women in events!!
edit on 17-12-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

well if you consider $20 worth of pants bought at the salvation army that he can fit comfortably in and are at least long enough to pass his ankle too good for my son why don't you just come out and say it??? on my husband's defense and to clear any misunderstanding the boat he bought wasn't a yatch! it was a second hand fishing boat that cost $100.

I worked full time for awhile while the kids were growing up. I usually managed to get around four or five hours of broken sleep throughout the day the rest of my day filled with either the things that need to be done at work or those that needed to be done at home. If I were to make 1/8th the amount of my husband did I would have been making somewhere between $200-$300 a month! lol that wouldn't have even paid for the afterschool program we had them in because our hours overlapped. And quite frankly it would have seemed quite unfair in my book since my dear sweet hubby was able to get his full 8 hours sleep and seemed to have plenty of time for relaxation and recreation!

The pants episode occurred while I was laid up with the hurt ankle before it broke and wasn't working because of it. So well what can I say but the money I made when I was working ensured that my kids had clothes and we all got to eat. When I couldn't earn that money well one of my kids didn't have the clothes and I was eating every couple days!

But I am glad things worked out so well with you... in france... with your bmw and nice 100 year old house!
but I am in the US where over half of the kids are being fed with food stamps and well there are probably of portion of kids who's parents don't qualify for them who do go hungry a few times in the month while we have a few religious groups who have managed to embed themselves into our gov't trying to make this a "christian nation" with "traditional families" along with it's traditional family values. So they bring out the typical stereotypes and pretend the past was such a pleasant place with moms home baking cookies and dusting the furniture while waiting for the precious little ones to come home from school and dad to come home from work, only I can show you the pictures of those women working in the food processing plants and textile factories and even articles of where they were burned to death locked in those factories. The oldest people working in the last place I worked at was over 80 years old and had worked there most of her life! With most of the workers older than me and all of those older workers were women!

not all women fit the stereotypes that are portrayed and not all men do either. It seems to just be a justification to limit them from being what their heart tells them they should be! Ya ma gets to stay home and explore the inner world while dad works one full time job and then runs off to work another giving him no time to explore himself ensuring that neither will become whole while on this planet is so much better in what way??
if it works for you that's great don't change a thing but don't expect those that it doesn't work for to allow themselves to be trapped in your way of living. If we have to work it's only natural that we would expect to have the same opportunities along with an equal amount of pay. And oh by the way the men can share some of those menial tasks so we can have time to devout to gaining the skills necessary and the time to earn the money!

which I wouldn't be surprised is one of the main reasons that many of the men are griping.
they don't want to share that responsibility

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

well if you consider $20 worth of pants bought at the salvation army that he can fit comfortably in and are at least long enough to pass his ankle too good for my son why don't you just come out and say it??? on my husband's defense and to clear any misunderstanding the boat he bought wasn't a yatch! it was a second hand fishing boat that cost $100.

I am confused by this statement. You had written

My son quit school that year, lost out on his chance to go into the navy, and is now working for a local convenience store! All for a boat!!!!!

I just had trouble understanding the correlation between the pants and his quitting school, not getting into the Navy, and working in a convenience store? Why are you defending your husband to me? YOU placed the blame for your sons situation on your husbands choice- not me.

I understand your bitterness at what I have exposed of my situation. What I'd also like to expose is that I grew up in Los Angeles, both my parents took off when I was nine, and I had to steal food to feed my younger siblings. Clothing was really the last thing I worried about, and to this day, remain unimportant to me. Later my mom came back and took us in when I was a teen, but financial struggle continued for me. I was homeless for a while when pregnant, I was a starving student and single mother for a couple of years, and when I met my husband, he had no real job, no home, no money either.

We started with nothing, and we struggled for many years. Where we are now was not being born lucky. I saw it all in steps and process. I talked my husband into taking risks that he never would have done otherwise (like quitting a low paying job he was unhappy in, with no prospects behind), I worked very hard on keeping him confident, optimistic, and happy. While he went to medical school (on a scooter, with three small kids at home) I learned how to do a million different things with potatoes, and dressed the kids in hand me downs from neighbors. I am no stranger to financial struggle!
But I cannot say that our, or my childrens successes or failures are due to the clothing they wore. They had shoes with holes in them and short pants, and bad haircuts, and it was never a factor. I basically wore whatever my husband didn't want anymore- old sweatshirts and sweat pants of his.

I guess you could accuse me of putting more financial responsibility on my husband- but in our case, that is what he wanted. He has his own values and ideas on "being a man" and a father, and he is very proud to say the whole trip allowed him to find out just how much he is capable of, which he never would have found out if he didn't have his wife gently encouraging him to go further.
I understand that this is not what all people want to do. It is only one option. But I defend that in our case, manipulation was willingly permitted- he trusted that my input was taking into account his own sensitivities and fears, and intending to help him- not make him feel bad. It was supportive manipulation, and it gave him strength and focus.

I know that my mother, and her mother, seemed to have a weird pride in their martyrism, as if it was proof of their "goodness"... so that what I actually observed was that they were being oppressed more by their own self than the men they were with! In both cases, I even think my father and grandfather found it irritating that they would keep themselves suffering instead of just getting up and making themselves happy- and being in a place to encourage the happiness of others.

I saw a meme the other day, which my sister put up on her Facebook, which said "I am only doing it your way so I can blame you later."
Letting someone else influence you is sharing the responsibility, which takes trust. Trust is earned and nurtured in a relationship. Being willing to step in the place of responsibility is scary. If my husband had failed miserably at the things we set out to do, he could, absolutely, blame me. I took that chance.

I felt the weight of that responsibility, as much as he felt the weight of supporting me financially.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm currently watching a movie, called the Season of the Witch with Nicholas Cage and Ron Pearlman as the main cast on Netflix and it was giving me some wacky ideas, where I felt possessed by idiotic ramblings that will drag on, and on.

In the beginning of it, three women are held accountable for consorting with the Devil, and are said to have made a pact with Lucifer. Even though Jesus calls himself Lucifer, or by the title that Lucifer associated with, and even in the teaching, it kind of points out that Satan just a separate entity and is usually noted enemy entirely, and Jesus calling himself that, kind of hint he himself, is his own enemy. And how Satan said to be a little snake that manipulates people and is anger incarnate, while Lucifer, has a giant planet slicing sword, that God blessed and with God own pride in his craftsmen ship, as well as forged from Gods anger...Which is alot more mannered btw.

I mean, your gunna need Jesus to protect us from Lucifer, or Lucifer to protect us from Jesus. Satan on the other hand, well should of just ignored him.

Any hoo, personally, I think women are better at controlling their highs and lows then most men do, even tho, to most men, it sounds un-likely. I mean, women worry about how they appear, or even move for that matter. Wether its to look more attractive, or to seem more professional in there daily life, and that this has given the practicality of introspect in most females.

Men, well, we are what we are, and we'll deal it like stubborn creatures we are. Funny thing, is that some of these practical introspects were possibly taught as a form of discipline for some combat arts, especially in Asia. The agility, finesse, and discipline of a women, coupled with the determination, stubbornness, and creativity of a man.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I kinda think that men have those emotional ups and downs too, but are (generally) much less apt to recognize them.

At the same level of an emotional response, I will be highly aware of it and express it consciously,
Whereas he, in the same level of emotional response, will have it influence his body language and tone of voice, and choices, while consciously thinking he has not had any emotion move through at all. He is not aware that his behavior changed at all.
Though it did, and it will impact those around and the way they respond.

That can give the impression that I am more "emotional" than he, if one only pays attention to the superficial appearences.

But if you were monitoring our heart rate, blood pressure, hormones, etc. I bet you'd find that internally, same things are happening!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yea, a woman's intuition can be a powerful thing and I think this was gained through that inherited introspect as you were pointing in your thread, which is way I find a lot women are empaths mainly. Men are single minded creatures, and due to this single mindedness we ignore certain changes inside ourselves, and that it takes alot inner reflection to gain some introspect of how we behave or think.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We need more Female manipulation in the world.

Men are Godd/mn retards.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

A woman can destroy a mans life legally and emotionally just by her word alone. How much more manipulation could females want?

A woman could get a man investigated for sexual misconduct even if shes never met him or lived in the same town.

Do you think this reach should strech over the whole planet?
edit on 18-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't agree with that. But I think young women might benefit from learning how to use their abilities constructively, rather than destructively.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

A woman can destroy a mans life legally and emotionally just by her word alone. How much more manipulation could females want?

A woman could get a man investigated for sexual misconduct even if shes never met him or lived in the same town.

Do you think this reach should strech over the whole planet?

I think certain things are limited to certain cultures.

Lots of my ways of thought have come from exposure to another culture, and seeing women that have more power that is culturally recognized and conscious- the women do not claim to be victims, feminism is not heard here. The laws are more fair to men.

This sounds like a contradiction.. but I see something to it.

In my own country, I see this scream of sexism and misogyny in the popular culture, and yet, the laws seem to give women an unfair advantage. I have experienced it first hand. (long story).

I think it is precisely because the american women don't realize the power they already have that they are abusing it. There are women in other places and cultures that know and value who and what they are, and they don't need to be constantly trying to pull that recognition from the others by force.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The main problem with the feminist movement for equality is they don't want equality. They want equal pay, yes. They want to be equally treated in the workplace, yes. But the main bug bear for men is they only want equality to get the high end positions. You never see feminists fighting for the right to clean out blocked sewers, fight to become managers, ceo s but not the crap end of employment. Whether male or female humans in their spare time will muse and imagine mysterious explanations for their actions. As for female power of manipulation or female power there is nothing new in this just look up Lysistrata. I think the other subconscious inner powers you think you possess is just the animal side showing itself and you're trying to justify it in human terms. I think you aught to read The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris it will open you're mind on virtually all sub concious actions are linked to our animal heritage, from cradle to grave, from having children, to courtship, to pair bonding(that's marriage in human terms) to life in general. People really do not want to believe all the animal behaviour we use and are influenced by and reel out the trite statement"but we are humans not animals". Nothing could be further from the truth. As for Dawnstar I think the point she is trying to make(not through jealousy) is that because you are comfortably off you have more free time to muse about a power that is just nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join