It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Anything Ever Actually Happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
There seem to be so many Holocaust, moon landing, and Newtown/Sandy Hook massacre deniers, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, and Obama Kenya birthers, among many other topics, just on this site let alone other places, just wondered if there is any undisputed fact that anybody agrees on other than that there are enough crackpots to go around.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

I think most will at least agree that 9/11 was fishy to say the least. As for the rest who knows really considering any properly executed conspiracy does not leave any evidence or witnesses. And we did indeed goto the Moon hence the laser light we are able to bounce of the reflector placed there by Man.

edit on 14-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

In my view, denying the official story doesn't equal denying anything happened. I think it'd be very dangerous if everyone agreed on everything and never questionned the statu quo, especially given the state of mass media nowadays. Maybe the crackpots are the one who always believe the official propaganda no matter how fishy it is.
edit on 14-12-2014 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

just wondered if there is any undisputed fact that anybody agrees on other than that there are enough crackpots to go around.

Coming to a conspiracy website and then asking people why they are on a conspiracy website is a little bit merry go round don't you think?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Many agree with the general "something stinks" in conspiracy theories, the Devil is in the details. To me, the amazing thing is not that so many don't believe the official story on things such as 9/11, but that so many do believe it and think the government would never do anything to hurt the American people. We have spent almost 8 Trillion on defense since 9/11 and to some of the psychos in charge of businesses like Halliburton, thousands of dead Americans is well worth it to get a chunk of that.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
How about chemtrails?

The RAF admitted spraying the uk population for decades with chemicals for research purposes including ecoli and cadmium.

link

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Take into account that many have reasons to ''doubt'' certain things happened, such as that neo-nazis and many other antisemitics love to question whether the holocaust happened at all. It's not based on legitimate or reasonable doubt but just on hateful motives, like it's convenient if it never happened, so let's try to ''prove'' it!

And as for other conspiracies: it's good to question your perception of reality. On the other hand, we need to stay realistic. Some people seem to almost instantly and constantly believe the almost exact opposite of what's being told, leading to a new kind of warped view.
edit on 14-12-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

The Nazi holocaust happened, the evidence and witness accounts speak for themselves in that regard. There is however reason to question the numbers involved considering that the logistics required to kill and dispose of so many people and bodies within the time period allowed was simply beyond there capability. Point of fact Stalin killed more people than Hitler ever did which takes nothing away from the tragedy or evil perpetrated by both nefarious individuals.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have to confess a very poor understanding of the history of ww2.

Did they deny the existence of the holocaust whilst others believed that it was happening?

In order for it to be a conspiracy surley something has to be covered up/hidden AND People need to suspect that it going on?

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well i imagine when they put the poor people on the trains they did not tell them their final destination or fate. Otherwise pandemonium would have ensured. Communication mediums were somewhat different back then probably a hell of a lot easier to lead lambs to the slaughter.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Oh I agree on that point I meant that there has to be a criteria for something to be a conspiracy theory as opposed to an event in history.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's no different in this day of age, we just have better tools at our disposal that allow "Them" to disguise their true motives its called mass-media. Truth be told, as a race we are probably more gullible or easily lead now than we were back then, just in a different manner.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoriSCapnSkip
There seem to be so many Holocaust, moon landing, and Newtown/Sandy Hook massacre deniers, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, and Obama Kenya birthers, among many other topics, just on this site let alone other places, just wondered if there is any undisputed fact that anybody agrees on other than that there are enough crackpots to go around.

The one I find hardest to believe after looking into it is the Holocaust!!! Since 1890 the number 6 millions jews has plagued the US newspapers for decades till the "holocaust" happened....6 million jews!!

The number was already predetermined...years in advance.
edit on 14-12-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

There is never going to be an accurate re-telling of an event.

All you can expect is your story, my story and "his story".

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think most will at least agree that 9/11 was fishy to say the least. As for the rest who knows really considering any properly executed conspiracy does not leave any evidence or witnesses. And we did indeed goto the Moon hence the laser light we are able to bounce of the reflector placed there by Man.

What we can agree on is that folks keep repeating total nonsense to back up their point of view. For the billionth time you can reflect laser light of RUSSIAN mirrors and as far as I know there has never been a russian man on the moon.

P.S. This absolutely does not mean we didn't land on the moon, simply that it is a flawed argument to use.
edit on 14/12/2014 by yorkshirelad because: P.S.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Human beings are compelled to weave a narrative around events in order to make them meaningful, even when events are random or unrelated. ATS is a monument to the struggle to comprehend one's place in the world through the power of narrative. All too often, these struggles pit subjective belief against objective events, and the subjective, often irrational, belief triumphs.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Just like anything in life, there are a minimum of 3 sides to the story. Party A, Party B and the truth.

The History of WW2 varies whether you are in USA, Russia, Germany, Israel, UK or Italy.

And the victors always write their own history anyway.

The moon? I dunno Lots of excellent arguments both ways.

9/11? F*ck knows.... SOMETHING strange happened that day. I think it was arranged by a foreign gov't, not ours, but some individuals here may have had prior knowledge/involvement.

Sandy hook? The whole thing is suspicious as hell. Laughing parents, not a single victim treated by EMS, no trauma alerts called in to local hospitals, non-EMS personnel determining all victims were DOA??? WHAT? And then the medical examiner.... No death certificates, invented birth certificates. And then the school is demolished.....

Obama born in Kenya? I honestly don't give a damn. It doesn't matter. He's a crap president, but I don't care at all about the silly rules of what dirty piece of rock you landed on when you were born.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18764281]

Great reply DJW001.

The human mind wants to organize all the info bombarding it into a neat package just to survive on a day to day basis, let alone into solving grand "historical" events.
Couple that with straining it through all your past experiences and preconceived notions picked up from hearing everyone else's experiences.
edit on 12/14/2014 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

And we did indeed goto the Moon hence the laser light we are able to bounce of the reflector placed there by Man.

Not sure about the laser light thingy.

It's always touted as incontrovertible proof, but when you consider that so many QUADRILLION photons are in one laser beam, and yet they're lucky to get ONE photon reflected back....what's up with that?

If you shine a torch at a mirror, you get EXACTLY THE SAME amount of light reflected back!

Sounds like they are just aiming at the Moon's surface and a tiny, tiny bit is reflected back off it.

Otherwise where'd all those quadrillions of photons disappear to?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hi there.

I don't think it is so much did it happen, but how we interpret it.

History is academic. We study it on the evidence of primary and secondary sources. Filling in the gaps is always difficult. That is so open to interpretation.

For example, there were recent findings in Israel relating to Asherah figurines. Archaeologists then start saying that the Bible is wrong and that Semite people in the area at the time were worshipping Asherah as consort of Yahweh and they were not monotheistic. Yet if we refer to the Bible we know full well that all along the Narrative is very critical of Israel for doing this and that the Bible was actually observant of what the archaeologists later discovered.

Making presumptions based on historical events is a dangerous game because illusion and delusion might be the very next step one is taking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join