It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: Study Supports Theory That “Men Are Idiots” – Wait… What?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
"Men are idiots" I can vouch for that.
Had the simple task of putting in a new vent stack for my toilet.
I'm deathly afraid of heights and having had no roofing experience the project was a complete enigma.
Seemed as daunting as the struggle in Edgar Allan Poe`s "Gold bug".
Talk about trying to a put a square peg in a round hole..

Now watch how effortlessly Emily puts a squirrel guard on hers.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

it seems that the quality of journalism in all forms has taken a nosedive.
I believe the study that says that the chemicals from plastic is making us all more idiotic and well we can expect more garbage with titles such as "Study Supports Theory That “Men Are Idiots” – Wait… What?"

Hope our tax money wasn't used to pay for this study! I mean how many diseases are waiting for cures to come along???

Personally I think both men and women can be extreme idiots but well there's just as much possibility of them being geniuses although most of use seem to gravitate somewhere close to the normal range.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

it seems that the quality of journalism in all forms has taken a nosedive.

That's because it's not journalism.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

And why is it always some great big fat hog of a woman that are the meanest to their men? Thats what I don't understand, especially when they're putting up with her crap like that and she's not even a little bit hot....

Well, let's break this scenario down.

First, there are some men who are either attracted to and or really shy, thinking more "beautiful" women would never consider them.

Then, having come from an overweight family, myself overweight as well, I can tell you there are a lot of overweight women who's sense of self is shattered. I tend to think, through observation, this is due to their own insecurities and anxiety over losing the man they are in a relationship with. A typical sign of the combination of the two is actually anger, or in this case, behaving meanly. This has potential to be the cause. Also, I've known some who think that it is their way to keep the man in their relationship under control, where otherwise if they do not, they feel that the man will simply say screw it and go find someone else. Control is a huge factor here. If you know you have little control over something that deeply impacts your life, and someone is willing to show kindness and any modicum of care, the desire is to hold on to it by any means possible.

Now, I've also seen rather attractive women simply act like complete asses towards the man in their life. Perhaps they themselves suffer from truly low self esteem.

-NF

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You know, recent events on this forum alone points out rather well the hypocracy that is acceptable in this day and age.

Idiot trolls who will literally say anything to get a emotional response from their chosen target.
A form of humor to them.
Demented and sad, I'll grant you.
"That's proof of the misogyny of _________!"
Usually followed by a lot of hinting around about using censorship to combat it.

Then anyone who points out crap like this needs to just suck it up because it's "humor".
edit on 16-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Thank you for proving my earlier point.
No hate towards the wider category of "women" here.
No hate towards anyone actually.
Sorry.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If I am so dumb and the woman so smart, how come She is marrying Me Thursday? LOL

Either this is BS or the woman is not so smart.

Don't let my soon to be wife see this!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
Now imagine if it was geared towards denigrating the other sex....

An article was recently published in The BMJ (formerly known as the British Medical Journal), which states that men are more idiotic than women. Yes, this is a real journal. Yes, this is a real article. The BMJ is an international peer reviewed medical journal. The journal is published by the BMJ Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association.

So. What the heck?

Some notes before we begin: The findings were reported on a host of sites—NPR, Washington Post, Time, and a many others. It was also published on Phys.org. Now, some may argue that this is a perfectly fine study, that it is a bit of tongue-in-cheek. And sure.

However, phys.org claims to be the “leading web-based science, research and technology news service.” Now, scientists can be funny. But science writers also have to take some responsibility for what they report. So when a science site posts an abstract without noting how flawed the findings and methodology are, we have a problem.

Goes farther into the problems with this "study".

Now, maybe I am the one who is an idiot here, but if there have been no actual studies, if you are just relying on fictional stories from a cartoon book to support your theory, I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that this is not an actual theory. At least, not according to science. A scientific theory “consists of one or more hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. Theories are one of the pinnacles of science and are widely accepted in the scientific community as being true.” If there have been no studies; it is not a theory. End of story.

Full article found here

I agree, it is division and it would appear that the researchers had very little life experience living with either sexes. So, unless I can actually interact with this person and drill him/her, then I will just dismiss their findings.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

news.nationalpost.com...

it seems to pass as journalism these days

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthLover557
This thread is sexist and needs to go away. Playerone01, no; get a life.

oh im sorry, i didnt mean to offend you with some real life footage.
hope you enjoyed my post removal lol

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I think I offended her or him somehow.
I tried to inquire as to why that was to no avail.
edit on 28-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Yet men like Bob Vila can do it regularly and quite well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join