It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: Study Supports Theory That “Men Are Idiots” – Wait… What?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Quite right, and it took females taking risks to advance technology and exploration through prehistory too. There is no rational suggestion that it was an exclusively male affair.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Some men are idiots. Some women are idiots. Some men are intelligent. Some women are intelligent. What surprises me from this community is that even though you know the name of the game (Divide and Conquer) you still fall victim to the method time and time again.

I, for one, have a hard time believing that gender equates intelligence. I believe you will adopt the mentality of your environment, and bear as much intelligence as you wish to, regardless of gender.

All of this is irrelevant with a single goal in mind; Divide men and women. Less chance for more population, equates out to less people and smaller chance of rebellion. You make women drunk with empowerment, while at the same time you sexualize them to men.

This causes the men who don't separate from women to appear "weaker", "inferior", "pathetic", "wimpy" as they allow women to do as they demand to do, instead of what was recently considered the "norm" for man and woman, the roles are now switched.

With the naturally more aggressive male now sitting in a passive position to women, they now become more adjusted to just going along with whatever they're told. It's easier to just say yes to whatever request, than fight about it and end up sleeping on the couch. Once this becomes the casual mentality of modern day males, they are far more apt to "just say yes" to whatever commands the government gives them. With the natural aggression of males now toned down, there is far less chance of any sort of rebellion, and far greater chance of merely accepting the commands they are given.

Meanwhile the woman is just as complacent to obey her masters because they will reward her with a new status quot in which she is the "top dog" so to say.

Lets get back on track and get our priorities in order before we start bickering over "which gender is smarter, boys or girls?" We're not in the fifth grade anymore folks. Disregard this fallacy and move on.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

a reply to: Sremmos80

Allow me to reiterate.....
From the OP.

Now imagine if it was geared towards denigrating the other sex....

And later on.

Well, there would be howls of outrage and more than a few calls for the author's proverbial *and literally as well I'd bet* heads if it was something like "Study Supports Theory that Women are Lazy Gold Diggers".
And for good reason.
That is if it was even published.

Hell the shirt a guy wears in the mission control room while landing a probe on a comet for the first time is a touchy subject....
So...
Yea.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If males didn't take risks we'd still be living in caves.

What's wrong with living in a cave?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Dirt, moisture, biting insects, poisonous "critters", etc, etc, etc, etc.
No wall outlets for charging smart phones.
XD
edit on 14-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
a reply to: InTheLight

Dirt, moisture, biting insects, poisonous "critters", etc, etc, etc, etc.
No wall outlets for charging smart phones.
XD

Shelter from nuclear blasts!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Always seems so odd to me when someone spends a great deal of time attacking, gets outraged when others do it, not that this is what that was... take it up with the DUDES that did it.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Really?
Who have I attacked?
Specifics please.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Really, really.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

So is it by bare assertion I am attacking someone then?
Is this going to be where you sans even knowing me or what exactly I am trying to say that I'm a raging misogynist?
That tactic is getting a little old and losing it's ability to shut people up.

What's funny is that I'm not specifically attacking anyone here.
Here I am commenting on how "messed up" it is that one gender can be denigrated ad infinitum.
Yet even the possibility of the appearance of denigrating the other sex is vigourously attacked.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
And here is Time Magazine reporting on it.................

A new analysis published Thursday shows men are more likely to engage in stupidly risky behavior than women, supporting the ‘Male Idiot Theory’ previously indicated in studies of financial risk taking and hospital records.

The scientists noted some limitations to their research — for instance idiotic male candidates may have been more newsworthy than idiotic women — but nevertheless concluded that “men are idiots and idiots do stupid things.”

Full Article@ Time

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I never suggested nor believe you're a misogynist. But you are extremely reactionary on feminism... doesn't matter that you're repeatedly informed that not all feminists nor most agree with radfem, that most of us simply want equality, you're just going to continue to attack and generalize all feminism, while complaining about the generalizations of men, even when done in satire.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

doesn't matter that you're repeatedly informed that not all feminists nor most agree with radfem, that most of us simply want equality

Ah the usual No True Scotsman Fallacy argument.
The simple fact is you share the same fundamentals with "RadFems".
You cannot deny that now can you?
You tell me one thing.
Your actions speak another.
In your mind, I'm not trying to point out an inequality in what is allowable in society, I'm ATTACKING FEMINISM!
Problem is, when have I mentioned feminism in anything but maybe passing in this thread?
It's certainly not in the OP.

Which is par for the course really.
Saying that men can be victims too is apparently, somehow, hating women.
Like what happens with the vile crap aimed at MRAs to characterize all of them as misogynists.
Where are you "good moderate" feminists when this happens?
Where are feminists when men are getting treated unjustly?
Maybe doing what you are doing here perhaps?

And satire you say?
I point out the Time article.
It's being taken seriously.
Kind of makes my point for me.

So, yea, the above is indicative of a movement for equality exactly how?
Finding this crap acceptable is equality exactly how?
And don't give me that "Patriarchy hurts men too." crap.
Things like what I am talking about is supported by, if by silence if not direct support, those who are supposedly all for equality.

I await the inevitable silence or deflection.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I have to agree. When my first son got to adolescence, and began rebelling strongly, the altercations between him and my husband got more and more hostile, and close to violent. At first I stepped in between them, because I just have a repulsion to violence and could not see any place for it.

But my sons behavior continued to mount in intensity and provocation, and one day at the dinner table, at his grandmothers house, he started being seriously disrespectful, and my husband stood up, reached across the table in front of everyone, and slapped his face hard. It happened so fast I could not interpose. But what I witnessed in the face and eyes of my son was RELIEF. He suddenly seemed more calm than ever, and was quite wonderful company afterwards.

I began to see that in the world of men, very focused on the exterior, they sometimes want and need to feel the boundries and limits outside as very concrete and real. There is a ton of reasons for that, which I won't go into, but I think males more often need to feel physically that limit against their senses, be it the hand of another human, or a brick wall.

My other son put his fist through the livingroom wall when angry once, and that also, helped him to feel more in control of his body and all it's mysterious internal workings of emotion, with the memory of the pain inscribed in his skin.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Saying that men can be victims too is apparently, somehow, hating women.
Like what happens with the vile crap aimed at MRAs to characterize all of them as misogynists.
Where are you "good moderate" feminists when this happens?
Where are feminists when men are getting treated unjustly?

I get your point. I just want to point out something... it is true, often silence is seen as a form of support for something happening. But the very common practice of men to deny any harm from treatment they receive is often perceived as that also. A guy, not wanting to lose face in front of other men, trying to project an image of being tough, why should he be surprised that others (especially women) believe him?

If you say this is fine with me, doesn't hurt a bit, I love it! -then why would I speak up?

Something I have experienced, is that men can often be the worst offenders of putting down men in general.
All within the context- all men are idiots... except ME. I am different, I am superior.
Their girlfriends or wives often follow their lead, "Yeah, men are idiots, except MY man!"
Narcissistic males contribute and encourage this attitude. Even men like yourself who choose to speak up about sexist actions against men, often will go ahead and embrace the same actions if it is directed directly at their self-
"It's not right to do this to men in general- but I don't give a crap, it doesn't hurt ME if you do it to ME."

Each one of you saying it doesn't bother you if directed at you, women can end up asking themselves, so who is the "men" being abused here that they are referring to?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I used to hang with a bunch of guys out on the street. I found that in the world of men,dominance and aggression rules. It is something in the male psych that seems to require it due to testosterone.They absolutely MUST know who is on top,who is next,etc. I raised 2 sons and saw it there as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

My stepdad has related to me before that there is always something that happens between males, even if they just see each other on different sides of the street-
It can be very fleeting and subtle, but there is a moment of checking out the other and determining who is stronger, smarter, or superior in some way or another.

Dogs are like that too (and I don't mean that as a put down, I love dogs!) hierarchy is just necessary for a group to work together. And sometimes that means they have to get a little violent in determining positions.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Not surprisingly, your source isn't the actual study. You simply quoted an article about the study.
The original study was apparently about male risk-taking. Show me a documented case of a woman voluntarily jumping off a roof onto a rubber dumpster cover and catapulting onto her head on the concrete below. Show me a documented case of a woman lighting a fart. Show me a documented case of a woman riding a bicycle off a cliff and other women lining up to do the same. There's at least one US television program devoted to broadcasting these activities. Show me a documented case of a woman taking a dare and trying to kiss a rattlesnake. Show me a documented case of a woman trying to drive a vehicle across a 100 yard wide river. Show me a documented case of a woman looking down the tube of a firework "rocket" five seconds after it failed to ignite? I personally witnessed the last two.

I'll hypothesize that, in earlier times, this apparently gene-driven tendency served the purpose of thinning the gene pool to cull out idiots. Now the idiots end up in the emergency room where they're put back together and, unfortunately, sent out to reproduce.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Another male pity party thread filled with men whining about the cultural state of men and blaming women for it. Don't we already have several of these currently running on ATS?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Show me a documented case of a woman lighting a fart.

I'll do one better, a video.

Or how about this?

Now you were saying?

Thank you for the perfect example of bias driving perception.
Which does apply to your other comment as well.

You truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

edit on 15-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join