It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How weird is this? Possibly billions of parents lie to their children about a mytical being. Not g

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
To me, this is a symptom of a sick culture. Many millions of parents support this lie. My parents did. Your parents did.
Lying to our children doesn't set a good president since being lied to established the world of the sheeple that dominates.

I know you want to criticize this post, but maybe that is because you, like me, are a victim of cultural conditioning. Who is responsible for this manipulatin is the big question. You may now return to decorating your tree.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I don't know man, the tooth fairy has to exist. My parents cant be that sneaky with the money....

Oh wait, you mean big fat red pedophile man.
edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My child was so severely damaged from believing in Santa that the court ordered I pay for lifetime therapy costs.... Said NO ONE EVER.

Is your middle name Ebenezer by any chance?

What in the world is so wrong with letting a child be a child? Do they not have many years afterwards to become jaded, cynical, jerk like adults?

BTW - this is coming from a mom who told her daughter the truth the first time she was old enough to ask if Santa was real much to my husband's dismay. I never straight out told her that he existed and when she was old enough to have doubts and ask... I told her the truth. But for a time she had that magic of believing and I can't see how that hurt anything in the world.
edit on 12/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's still a lie. Lying isn't something we should be doing when talking to our children.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
My child was so severely damaged from believing in Santa that the court ordered I pay for lifetime therapy costs.... Said NO ONE EVER.

Is your middle name Ebenezer by any chance?

What in the world is so wrong with letting a child be a child? Do they not have many years afterwards to become jaded, cynical, jerk like adults?

It was one of the most magical times for me when I was a child. Then as a parent seeing my daughters eyes on Christmas morning allowed me to relive those magical feelings......

Considering the world and all of it's problems, the fact that it bothers people is just........eh, never mind.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
How about we center the magic on the magnificence of nature for our children? Saints like Saint Nick are best avoided.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
They are conditioning us to learn not to overreact to deceptions we discover in our lives.. It has all been engineered long ago. If we are used to believing in jolly old men, fairies that give us money for a tooth, and a bunny that delivers candy from very young, we will think that deception is a natural way of life. Believing in these deceptions gives us rewards. Take for instance the Economy. If enough people believe in it than things seem to work out for us, especially the five percent at the top.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

It's still a lie. Lying isn't something we should be doing when talking to our children.

I personally do not plan on telling my children Santa is real, but can you show me any evidence whatsoever that doing so is harmful?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

So are there certain degrees of lying? Are some lies worse than others? Do you have children?

Do you tell your children to implicitly trust those in uniform? Can you implicitly trust all those in uniform?

Do you tuck your young child into bed and tell them not to be scared because they are safe?

Do you tell your young child not to worry when they express certain fears?

Or is it just the belief in Santa that has ruined society?

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I personally do not plan on telling my children Santa is real, but can you show me any evidence whatsoever that doing so is harmful?

I didn't ever have to tell mine. It just kind of happened. I did tell her the truth when she was old enough to ask, but I don't see that it has harmed her in any way just like (you mentioned) not doing so would not harm them.

I certainly think something is causing the downfall of society but Santa wouldn't even be in the top 200.
edit on 12/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Santa Fiiight!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't think the lie of Santa is harmful to our children, but if we want them to become truth seekers, it might not be the best thing to do. And I just hate lying unless it is absolutely necessary.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I don't think the lie of Santa is harmful to our children, but if we want them to become truth seekers, it might not be the best thing to do. And I just hate lying unless it is absolutely necessary.

Actually it's the opposite. It teaches them to question things they believed to be true, because sometimes they aren't.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
We have a Scrooge on here

Its one time of the year that we put other people first, don't take away the magic of Christmas.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Santa is not real . THE HORROR .

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Actually it's the opposite. It teaches them to question things they believed to be true, because sometimes they aren't.

I like this response a lot. It makes me think we should implement this for our children.

If you feel like doing the Santa thing, then fine. As long as when the truth comes out, make this point to them and they can learn a valuable lesson from it.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I fully endorse this terrible sick lying to children or what I like to call 'Story telling.'

I also agree with making up magical reasons to eat your vegetables and not killing children's imaginary friends.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Lying to our children doesn't set a good president since being lied to established the world of the sheeple that dominates.

Their first break with the truth. The first lesson that shatters their idea of honesty, especially from parents. Parents are their God at that age. I don't care what some say it is particularly traumatizing to discover the charade has been a fantasy.

Its not a simple little white fantasy lie either, but a whole tiered, many faceted, traditional make believe that we douse our children's formable minds in like soaking them with gasoline, then lighting a match and watching them run screaming in emotional circles.

"Sorry, theres no Santa after all."

Kind of like those videos where the parents tell their children they ate all their Halloween candy. The kids cry and cry while the parents lauugggh!? Who does that?

If you notice the parents aren't the first to reveal it to their own kids. Usually they hear it somewhere else and bring it all teary eyed home, "Is it truuuue?" Parents can't bring themselves to build it all up like that and then be the ones to crash it. Some neighbors kid or school buddy that does the evil deed.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

I fully endorse this terrible sick lying to children or what I like to call 'Story telling.'

Except the whole Santa thing is not just a 'story', its a ritual practice.

Nothing wrong with "story telling" as long as you tell them its a story, imo.

Which can't be done with santa because the kids would right away say, if its not true why do you do it?
First we mold them to believe so later they will "carry on" the ritual themselves.

The commercial enterprise being secured this way for generations to come.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Its not a simple little white fantasy lie either, but a whole tiered, many faceted, traditional make believe that we douse our children's formable minds in like soaking them with gasoline, then lighting a match and watching them run screaming in emotional circles.

I remember when i first found out that Santa was not real . I was full of admiration ( or 6 year olds version of admiration ) that my parents could give me stuff when we actually could not afford it .

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I remember when i first found out that Santa was not real .

Your mileage may vary. Who told you?

I told my younger brother. He began to suspect on his own and I was caught between my parents, who I knew would over react an be angry with me for telling him, and my brother who bugged me incessantly until I did tell him. My parents accuse me of "ruining Christmas" that year.

What a mind job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join