It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rarely Do I Get This Emotional - America, If You Can't Care For Your Soldiers - Stop Fighting Damne

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oddly enough this just hit Yahoo news and goes into great detail about the things I discussed in the OP and more.

Something everyone should read

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

My youngest nephew is considering serving and it's because he wants to be part of a tradition

tradition of butchering and mayhem...indeed a valued tradition to preserve. People that have been to wars and seen the killing want nothing to do with it ever again. They are scarred for life.

a tradition that not only established our Freedoms

errr..that was a war for independence...wastly different than all wars your country participated in afterwards. The only war you needed to fight. And everybody fought...not just soldiers.

...has secured them time and time again.

Secured from who ? Name me that ONE danger that threatens the American freedom...be specific if you please...name a country or entity..or group...

A government that calls upon it's citizens to voluntarily serve, promising them incentives like lifetime medical, and help with education upon their return should be held totally accountable to provide these things - along with support for the scars of war that so many return tainted with.

Not to mention that this is the primary reason many do join these futile wars. Nobody actually wants to go killing....but with a carrot in front of you, promising financial compensation and perks....hell yeah...

You get the end of the fat stick my friend...just like the rest of us do. You think that fat cats in suits care about your "sacrifice"..your time...your life ? get real man. You were/are cannon fodder. YOU DID not go to war for your country...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I'll answer one of your questions, as the rest seem like commentary.

A war where the military protected the mainland US - WW2.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

mainland ? Surely not. Perl Harbour is the closest you can get, but it's probably best we don't get into that one.

Note to Americans:

NOBODY IS GOING TO INVADE AMERICA. YOU ARE TOO BIG. TOO WELL ARMED. TECHNICALLY THE MOST ADVANCED NATION ON EARTH. NOOOOOBODY WILL ATTACK YOU...CERTAINLY NOT ON US MAINLAND.

Half a century ago...some might try it...back then when the playing field was more level. But today...the US could probably wipe out entire countries without ever sending a single soldier into battle. Everybody knows that.

So please...please people...stop talking nonsense about defending America. It's an unrealistic cop out to validate imperialistic agendas.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
Some on ATS make it sound like eighteen year old kids sit around thinking "Hrm, do I flip burgers, go to college, or go kill brown people in other countries???" It's NOTHING like that.

Actually, it sometimes is like that. For me it was "hrm, do I deliver pizzas or join the military?" Guess what, I joined the military, and learned it was not for me. (I met many others who joined because they didn't have much choice as well.) Fortunately they had a program going on so I could get out early with an honorable (force shaping).

I did learn that the US military (air force) is posturing to have global expeditionary forces on rotation always policing the world. The homeland has the national guard, so active duty personnel are increasingly being stationed abroad where they do little to nothing protecting the states.

When was the last time the US was attacked at home? Why was Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan necessary for Americans to die over?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Unfortunately Heff TPTB are sending troops into situations that shouldn't even be, so why would they care about their mental, or physical care afterwards?

I'm not trying to be harsh with my words, but rather basic logic in presuming.

It saddens me as well, use people for gain then discard them like toilet paper.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Heff -
Thanks for the vid. What can I say and stay within T&C?

And sure, we don’t want to belittle the woman who skipped into Walmart to do her ‘good thing’ and pay off 20k a layaway toys - nor do we want to overlook the Entrepreneur handing out 1k to each cop who then pulls over the profiled cars in need to pass a hundred bucks to the driver. It is Christmas after all right?

But. These veterans, these hero’s can be easily found (too). They’re not hidden.

So why we are typing this, reading this, watching this? Yeah, our conscience is pricked.

But what are WE going to do about it?

We know who isn’t doing anything about it. That’s the easy part.

But what are WE do?

Find one like we did and help him, and stick with him! Find a Veteran - take care of him/her. Like he/her took care of YOU!

peace

edit on 18-12-2014 by silo13 because: angry

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join