It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS DDS attack from China. Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Last night ATS was taken down. Tweets indicate it was an attack from China. Why would China want this site down? What threads here would piss them off enough to dds?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was wondering what went on.

Never seen it like that though.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: maluminse

It wasn't just ATS. It was a ton of sites - too many to list and many of them randomly changing from target to non-target. I don't know what Tweets you're referring to, but the traffic maps indicated a lot of Chinese and domestic American activity.

PS: DDS is a dentist, DDoS is an attack.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This should be in skunk works, since im here il take a stab...um they must of read a currently active thread that contains something they think is of value and think take out site down long enough so the thread dies away (less chance it gets read).

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

It wasn't just ATS. It was a ton of sites - too many to list and many of them randomly changing from target to non-target. I don't know what Tweets you're referring to, but the traffic maps indicated a lot of Chinese and domestic American activity.

PS: DDS is a dentist, DDoS is an attack.

Ha dds doh

Source?

American and Chinese traffic all directed at ats? Or there was just mayhem in the interwebs last night?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

From what I understand...ATS was not directly attacked but was caught (in the middle of the firing of bullet's...so to speak)...so my question is...who were they really after and why? And...who are they?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
According to Skeptic, it may have been from Korea via Chinese servers. On the other hand, it could have been the NSA using infected Chinese computers. It is very difficult to know for sure who starts one of these things.

Just because the traffic comes from a particular country does not mean the attack is by that countries Government.

P

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

There was chaos over much of the Internet - not just last night but for the past several days. Three days ago ( I think ) most of Sweden got taken offline by an attack on a gaming site.

The attack last night and so far today seems to be very actively focusing upon St Louis and Seattle. St Louis is home to Scott AFB - one of the major bases for Cybercommand.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So i take it SKYNET isNOT Active,,,beEp.

(Best Homer ,hehehe,)

Cybercommand./Skynet,,,Control/Alt/Del is Manual Control u know.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

that makes sense as well,
maybe they know only on conspiracy site will the average joe get hidden msg
not about their space program/plans and we in their way ?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The attack last night and so far today seems to be very actively focusing upon St Louis and Seattle. St Louis is home to Scott AFB - one of the major bases for Cybercommand.

Soooooo.....we have a reason why St. Louis was focused on...but why do you think Seattle was?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Seems to me like a game of chess with everyone making opening moves.

I am concerned that we will not see the hidden gambit until it is too late.

Obviously DDoS attacks work well and are potent, for a while but the ability to shut off an entire county is one solution in a war. It is not what we can see, it is what we can't see of have not yet experienced that is the worry.

P

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I'm still digging into that. Microsoft could be a target. Their last patch for Windows was a disaster and ended up classified as malware. With China wanting Microsoft out of their market - it's plausible they could be targeted.

Then again, not all supercomputers are listed in the public domain - particularly not the ones used for nefarious reasons.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

A friend of mine and I went out grocery shopping today...and we got into the discussion about the Ddos attack that affected ATS and we were both wondering if one of the U.S. enemies or maybe more than one are gathering together and are getting ready to knock out the U.S. power grids; is there a way they could knock out some of our satellites?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Someone posted a link to THIS SITE in another thread, and I just happened to screen capture this major 'incoming' from freaking everywhere about 20 minutes ago. I don't know how anything is up and running after that onslaught!

And yes, from the ticker at the bottom of that site, Seattle and St. Louis, plus Kirksville (wherever that is) show up as the Target Locations a lot.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

A friend of mine and I went out grocery shopping today...and we got into the discussion about the Ddos attack that affected ATS and we were both wondering if one of the U.S. enemies or maybe more than one are gathering together and are getting ready to knock out the U.S. power grids; is there a way they could knock out some of our satellites?

you tell me,,

"China develops new rocket for manned moon mission"

China currently has a rover, the Jade Rabbit, on the surface of the moon.

do they?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

That can be a ruse just to blame China. Any good hacker will cover their tracks by framing another group or going in through unsecure computers to keep the heat off them.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

im looking at that site right now but i dont understand.

how is it possible that this thing can show us attacks as they are happening and where they are coming from....

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Google is your friend here:
www.quora.com...

A simple search...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
St.Louis just got pounded again if this is accurate...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join