It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still having connection issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Greets,

Are there still issues with connectivity for anybody else?

I'm typically on via mobile, if that matters. I'm having a lot of trouble most of the time pulling threads up and posting takes a looooong time. Then randomly out of the blue it works like lightning, then back to normal.

Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on wifi or data, either.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Frequently I had a slow response time with an iPhone 4.

Since I got the 6 it's pretty swift interaction time.

But now and then it does take sometimes 30 seconds longer than the usual instant redirects/buffering.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yes still glitchy here and there. At one point around 4:30 est ( new york time ) I lost it all together again for 45 mins.
If I recall..
It was stated they are still working on issues and to expect some bumps along the way..

Considering I still can't connect to PS3-4 and XBox One still..
This is pretty good.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No. You aren't the only one. There are still issues off and on in many places.

We are all just trying to muddle through.
Patience!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Reply to: Kangaruex4ewe
edit on 13-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm on a 5c. Only started having issues after the outage yesterday and on into today.

@Bigburgh - I lost it for about the same time today also. Other websites coming in just fine. I didn't see anything about them working on things still, just saw that they had identified the problem yesterday, so thanks for the update!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm not sure I would want to see what you had there or not?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not sure I would want to see what you had there or not?

Lol.. sorry..
I hit reply when you said to have patience ..
So I simply put a Smiley.
But It didn't show as a reply to.
So I had to type it out in edit.... then I misspelled your name and had to repeat the edit...
That's actually one of the issues that's been happening all day still..
So.
Have another

edit on 13-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: edit the letter i with the word it

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Lol... I feel your pain. Have one yourself
. We could all use one after the last day and a half. I say to have patience, and I am likely cursing more than most when I have to repost over and over or when I can't even get the screen to come up at all.

Easier said than done, eh?

edit on 12/13/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Lol... I feel your pain. Have one yourself
. We could all use one after the last day and a half. I say to have patience, and I am likely cursing more than most when I have to repost over and over or when I can't even get the screen to come up at all.

Easier said than done, eh?

At first there was panic.. then denial.. Anger!
And honestly as much of a pain it's been for site owners and mods..
I have come to terms and am having a good laugh here and there over the stories that are coming out of this mess.

But as I said in another thread..
It was not just ATS that got hit..
At least ATS is running.. yes it's slow and fast.
But it does work.

edit on 13-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: grammar it was not just ats that was hit

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yep. Within the first 5 minutes of outage the theories were flying like hot cakes at the local Waffle House at last call. It's the nature of the beast.

I do agree that some are really rather entertaining.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The attack is still going on.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I saw the map posted in another thread (even though it damn near killed my phone). Crazy #!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Zaphod58

I saw the map posted in another thread (even though it damn near killed my phone). Crazy #!

It took out my best friends lively hood at the moment..
The site is up. But no transactions can be made now. He's drinking at the moment. And I'll be over there tomorrow to help with the other crap that's required to make his site run. Me..( thank god I only help with his FX's and set builds)
Decided to have a taste too after reading some of the other goodies in light of all of this..

You have a nice one.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't know if this is relevant or not - but there is one particular thread I go to and then do a bit of a Google search for items related to that thread.

A few times now I've completely lost my connection whilst doing this and have had to try a few times before I can get back up and running.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Can someone pls check the pic upload I am not sure if it's me or the site..Mahalo

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I'm on a desktop, and I've been having problems with ATS for days before the 12/12 DDoS attack.

Specifically, I would try to add a post, that would take some time to compose with linked articles, etc. Then I'd hit the Reply button - and get a blank screen with a one-sentence "timed out" message.

Being rather more stubborn than most, I would laboriously recreate the post, one item at a time. I ended up with a pile of "Edit On (date)..." messages at the bottom of my post, but few pay attention to those anyway.

Or else my entire page would freeze, and I'd get a "Want To Stop Shockwave Plug-in?" message - when I'd never put that plug-in into my computer to begin with!

(Does anyone else find it ironical, that all this DDoS started not long after the "Bush/Cheney Torture Report" hit the media - and the criticism hit the fan?)

edit on 15-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarity

new topics

top topics

join