It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida officer burns 3yr-old boy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

So... we don't drug test them for steroids and we disqualify candidates if their IQ is higher than the limit (which isn't exactly that high).

Are either of those claims actually true?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
www.abcactionnews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

On Jan. 17, Hernando County deputies arrested Marrone after they say he confessed to burning his girlfriend's toddler with a hair dryer because the little boy wanted to play and Marrone wanted to sleep, according to WTSP.

When Ethan began complaining about his pain, saying only "pee pee owie," Sherron pulled down his diaper and saw that his genitals were swollen to the size of a softball. The boy also had burn marks on his thighs, buttocks, and chest.

Complete psycho.

Seems the LE profession really does attract some of the sickest psychos out there....

This I have a problem with. That's akin to saying Stephen Hawking is a psycho because Ted Kaczynski was a serial murderer.

Please don't insert your logic here. It's not welcome.

We can't focus on what this "man" did to a small, innocent child. We must focus on his profession and how this incident is representative of the entire career field.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

More violence won't make it right. If you want to burn someone else you dont know, you're disturbed.

Unfortunately, I do not agree. Peaceful protest does not work. I believe that if someone harms you or your family by way of violence it must be met with extreme violence in return. Its only then that those people truly learn. Throughout history violence has been used as a last resort to rectify conflict and regime.

I respect your opinion but I have my own. Doing something like burning a kids balls etc needs to be met with violence upon this man. He will never do that again!! Or at least think before he does.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Eh, imo an eye for an eye creates a chain reaction of escalating violence. It never ends. I say lock him in prison with the rest of the child-burners lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
a reply to: Rikku

just out of curiosity, have you two been watching the Posse Comitatus forum?

there are a great many police officers who shouldn't be police officers....

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Unfortunately yes, those claims are both true (though it's a qualified "true")

A court ruled that police CAN decline to hire somebody if they score too high on an IQ test. Doesn't mean all departments do, so the blanket generalization is over the top. As is the claim that the bar is "low," seeing as the average IQ range for police seems to fall in the average to above average range. Not sure how average to above average turns into a low bar because, well, it's average...?

Most departments do not include steroids in their drug tests. Some do. Adding the steroids into the test tacks on something like 150%-200% increase in the cost of the test. I think phoenix PD saw their test cost go from $30 some dollars to $105 or so, per test.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's worth testing all the officers for steroids imo. Knowing the side effects of steroid use, yeah definitely worth it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: the owlbear

More violence won't make it right. If you want to burn someone else you dont know, you're disturbed.

Unfortunately, I do not agree. Peaceful protest does not work. I believe that if someone harms you or your family by way of violence it must be met with extreme violence in return. Its only then that those people truly learn. Throughout history violence has been used as a last resort to rectify conflict and regime.

I respect your opinion but I have my own. Doing something like burning a kids balls etc needs to be met with violence upon this man. He will never do that again!! Or at least think before he does.

I don't think of you as lesser for your opinion.
Thank you for your well thought out response. I don't agree and never will but that doesn't mean we have to add animosity especially to a situation we have no stake in.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
is it ok to tie in his profession with his crime because you dont like his profession?
his occupation is completely irrelevant.

The profession has a great deal to do with it, in that it speaks to the very low, institutionalized standards that are required in order to police.

I think it dangerous for us as a society to compare LE to the regular citizen. They carry guns and wield a lot of power over us, like that of life of death.

Higher standards, testing for steroid use, and accountability at all levels, even while off duty.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Most departments do not include steroids in their drug tests. Some do. Adding the steroids into the test tacks on something like 150%-200% increase in the cost of the test. I think phoenix PD saw their test cost go from $30 some dollars to $105 or so, per test.

considering how much revenue is collected by LE its seems appropriate that some of those funds are used for testing of officers......

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It's worth testing all the officers for steroids imo. Knowing the side effects of steroid use, yeah definitely worth it.

I don't disagree with you.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Let the punishment fit the crime. Burn him, then quarantine him from society.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

considering how much revenue is collected by LE its seems appropriate that some of those funds are used for testing of officers......

How much revenue is collected by the court system you mean? Very little of that goes back to the actual department. Look it up for your state, it's all set out by your local legislature how much of each dollar taken by the court goes to who. Different for each locality.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: smurfy

Agreed, though the egg incident shows there are good police, this event shows how all types are attracted to the force.

I know, in fact I posted the interview video on that thread. But the incidence of instant violence by police is becoming off any scale, I'm thinking it's less of attraction and more of encouragement to be violent on the part of police departments ethos, and all that is needed is...well, just about any excuse in the book now.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I believe municipal police to be an atrocity to begin with. They are part of the whole "appointed" apparatus of governance.

Municipalities should not be able to organize police forces.

I have no issue with sheriff's offices, as they are part of an elected apparatus of governance.

Then again, im one of those nuts who believes that a standing army violates our constitution.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: intrepid
a reply to: Rikku

just out of curiosity, have you two been watching the Posse Comitatus forum?

there are a great many police officers who shouldn't be police officers....

You are correct. There are a great many.

And there are also a great many who do a fine job. You may have to squint to see them over how loud the misbehavior of others is....but broad brush approaches are ALWAYS wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

ok let me rephrase ....whomever controls the money generated by LE should allocate funds back for the random testing of officers for steroid use.....and quite possibly some random psych evaluations as its seems that officers in some cases do not cope with the work they do and the things they see..

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It is just as wrong to say that this low-life monster is representative of the entire profession as it is to say that the looting, rioting protestors are representative of all protesters.
This piece of human scum needs to be locked away in a small cell for the rest of his life. Yes! I said for the rest of his life. No tv, no internet, no contact with other people. That said, if that were my child I'm not sure that I could let the legal system handle the issue because by the time the cops arrived he would have needed an ambulance. I'm not generally a violent person and don't encourage violence but when it's a kid, all my high-minded philosophy just seems to go out the window and the baser human instincts part of me tends to take over.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Still not sure what his being a LEO has to do with it?
On a daily basis horrible weak parents abuse kids..Those parents are doctors, cooks, engineers, mechanics..whatever..
Is the crime horrible..100%
is it silly to some how imply that ties in to being a police officer..yes..

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Rikku
is it ok to tie in his profession with his crime because you dont like his profession?
his occupation is completely irrelevant.

I am not sure that is the case. Remember we have to trust a cop to bring home a missing child, to care about us. If a person can hurt the most innocent among us how can he be trusted with the public when no one is watching?

Because the police unions and IA will say he acted within proper guidelines, of course.

That evil child ANNOYED the Hero by crying. That amounted to assault. Assault on an officer is a crime. Burning with a hair dryer is on the Rainbow of Correction (formerly known as the escalation of force) so it is exactly as YOU said was ok, as a taxpayer. It is your fault. See what you made him do?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join