It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrape the Geneva Convention when dealing with ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You would think with the two other elephants in the room (CIA/NSA) they would have the solution to the problem ..Oh wait. Nah couldn't be the same could it ? . a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What about the Syrian Rebel forces that the west is sponsoring with money and weapons .Or pick a side in Libya . a reply to: hogstooth

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why would anyone want to draw a cartoon of the Prophet doing such?

Is that considered Artistic to you?

So artists these days have no imagination with which to persue Art?

When did Art turn into a convention to go out of the way to offend people?

I'll stick to Van Gogh & Picasso, thanks.

Artists offend people all the time, though the point is Islam's response was swift and to the extreme, anything but what we see dealing with Isis. The best response I have seen muster by the whole, is to say they are not Muslims. That response is a joke, they are Muslims and they take recruits from Muslims.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Then we have a different definition of Art.

Rather than drag out an off topic debate about it, I agree with you that IS needs to be dealt with.

You can blame Islam...
Thousands that represent what you're blaming have been massacred though, at least acknowledge that.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The Geneva convention has been er, scraped many times in 'conventional' warfare, totally ignored in many cases. Do you want to do it again, or would you rather someone else scrape it in your name.
We already have the thread about IS being propagated in Camp Bucca as given by The Guardian newspaper, and it's a one sided tale to be sure given that The Guardian has all Snowden's material. No I would want war prisoners, and in this case people who routinely execute people by the side of the road, to be brought to book and charged, and where proven, found guilty for what they have done, and much detail needed to find out where they have profited and how.
It's a religious war about money, huge sums of money, yet you would prefer to just bump them off and forget about the rest?

edit on 13-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Rather than drag out an off topic debate about it, I agree with you that IS needs to be dealt with.

You can blame Islam...
Thousands that represent what you're blaming have been massacred though, at least acknowledge that.

Peace.

Yes, they kill Muslims too but more Muslims along with everyone else is dying at their hands precisely because Islam's response has not been unanimous and to the extreme. In the meantime extremist mullahs jet set across the free world recruiting while Islam defends their right to not be profiled and caught.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Here is the thing, because Islam is peaceful, you may disagree, because of that it's easy to be taken as a weakness to be attacked.

Now in that situation Imams, Mullahs, Ayetollahs etc will all call for Jihad against the threat...

But here's the kicker...
The word Jihad has been hijacked by the Media and the likes of IS...

So now anyone who calls for Jihad, automatically in the West, becomes a target of accusations.

It's a lose-lose situation...

Nevertheless a Jihad is being fought by the Kurds/Hezbollah/Iraqi Army etc...
Even some Syrian Rebels...

It's only a matter of time before more Shia/Sunni tribes take up arms against IS...

I actually think that through IS tragedy, something great will occur...
It is a major dent in the divide & conquer of sectarian violence when many Muslims stand together despite the sect they belong to, to fight against these scum.

I digress.

The extremist Mullahs and the likes of the House of Saud...
Judgement Day will not be what they expect...& I find a little comfort in that.
Peace

edit on 13-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No.

Just no.

Otherwise Israel should have been boycotted, sanctioned, invaded and overthrown.

This is very comical. Really.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

& why is that...

Google will show you plenty of examples of Israel breaking the Geneva Convention.

I don't find it comical, I'm sure many others don't either.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

You can blame Islam...

Peace.

Yes, they kill Muslims too but more Muslims along with everyone else is dying at their hands precisely because Islam's response has not been unanimous and to the extreme. In the meantime extremist mullahs jet set across the free world recruiting while Islam defends their right to not be profiled and caught.

I have seen fairly strong and universal condemnation of IS among the world's moderate Muslim population. The fact is that it doesn't get much airtime. Just because you haven't seen all the reports doesn't mean it isn't happening. Besides, how exactly would you try to combat IS if you were a Muslim? There's only so much people can do...

That said, there are 1.6 billion Muslims on Earth. I fail to understand how you can generalise so many people with the wave of a hand.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

& why is that...

Google will show you plenty of examples of Israel breaking the Geneva Convention.

I don't find it comical, I'm sure many others don't either.

Its comical to compare ISIS with just about anyone on a Geneva equivalency argument. Cant really compare ISIS to Al-Qaida even. At least Israel drops flyers before bombing.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

You can blame Islam...

Peace.

I have seen fairly strong and universal condemnation of IS among the world's moderate Muslim population. The fact is that it doesn't get much airtime. Just because you haven't seen all the reports doesn't mean it isn't happening. Besides, how exactly would you try to combat IS if you were a Muslim? There's only so much people can do...

That said, there are 1.6 billion Muslims on Earth. I fail to understand how you can generalise so many people with the wave of a hand.

My mistake
edit on 13-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You can blame Islam...

Peace.

That's ok, I fail to see how you can equate the rise of ISIS with a benefit to Islam. That is morbid.

here is a quote from your above response,

You are basically saying without Isis, Islam cannot come together, in the process of that thought giving credit and glory to the very ones you claim to oppose.

You just went full retard.

I said nothing of the sort.

Back to your old tricks of spinning information and posting # again, eh? LOL.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Actually it was me that said that Tinfoil... Not Daas.

& I'm not saying Islam cannot come together without IS...

I see IS like the Nazis.
And Sunni/Shia divide like Europe before WWII...

& I think from this a great alliance can be made in the face of a greater evil.

But Daas is correct you have spun my words.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You can blame Islam...

Peace.

That's ok, I fail to see how you can equate the rise of ISIS with a benefit to Islam. That is morbid.

You are basically saying without Isis, Islam cannot come together, in the process of that thought giving credit and glory to the very ones you claim to oppose.

My mistake
edit on 13-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You can blame Islam...

Peace.

Sorry got you two confused

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It wasn't necessarily a comparison between IS & Israel...

It was just an example of not breaking the Geneva Convention because someone else does.

& I'm sure you'd be grateful for those flyers if you'd been born in Palestine rather than where you were...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Bad idea

It is actually most important to follow said laws even moreso when dealing with such countries.
else
Whats to say every single war anyone gets into from now to doomsday wont have some politician fabricating on how they don't have to abide by said convention due to the other side doing something against it first...

Every single war would start off with them saying they are monsters who aren't covered by GC due to them being jerks...then down the line it would be found out the story was misleading and justified torture..

easier to say sorry than please.

So no...absolutely not. that is just begging for corruption to have exceptions to the rule..because the exceptions will immediately become the rule.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

ISIS soldiers when captured are being executed by various combatants.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes.

Rightly so.

Could you elaborate what you mean to convey with that statement please, I don't follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join