It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrape the Geneva Convention when dealing with ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When dealing with an Army that does not abide by Geneva convention then it should be scratched.

with ISIS they should down all communications from cell phones towers, land lines and radio. Keep them from wreaking terror via the Internet and social media.

An Intl army of the Middle Eastern Nations should encircle and eradicate them as quickly as possible.

So far Turkey is compliant to the wishes of ISIS and allows them to cross back and forth while holding the Kurds to the border and no allowing them to cross freely like they allow ISIS. As such Turkey should be considers an ally of ISIS and be consider and enemy as well.

This is not traditional modern warfare and it should not be fought as if it is. first take down communication abilities, encircle and cut off supply routes, then press on killing anyone who points a gun in the direction of the enemies of ISIS.

edit on 13-12-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Scrape or scrap ?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No.

Just no.

Otherwise Israel should have been boycotted, sanctioned, invaded and overthrown.

The Geneva Convention is necessary.
Very necessary in not becoming just like IS.

IS need to be dealt with. Seriously & soon.

But no. Not the way you're implying.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

But how else the CIA can give orders to them ?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm confused.

Didn't wee already do that when we started torturing people?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Is it not true that part of the reasons for having rules of engagement, conventions and treaties and so forth that define the permissible actions of combatants is to keep the demons of warfare within certain limits?

Some soldiers have enough problems dealing with the ramifications of their actions anyway, and find returning to civilian life extremely difficult.

But when combatants have been totally "cut-loose", and can engage their rage, hatred, wish for vengeance etc to absolutely any degree.... they can be utterly changed by this.

Asking our forces to be completely inhuman (and inhumane) is repulsive. It's degrading to our own forces and ourselves.

What would such soldiers be like when they return and how would it change their own personas and futures and what psychological damage would it do to them?

Would they hate themselves (more)? What would be the effect on their families?

I don't want to ask British troops to become hateful demons, they should be disciplined professionals.

I think that limiting the actions of our soldiers actually protects THEM as well

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Scrape the Geneva Convention

Calls for Scraping the Geneva Convention were made today,,

What is the Geneva Convention,,

Geneva Convention usually denotes the agreements of 1949,
negotiated in the aftermath of the Second World War (1939–45)

So lets do War again. Cause its just gotta be done.

yeah.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
When dealing with an Army that does not abide by Geneva convention then it should be scratched.

with ISIS they should down all communications from cell phones towers, land lines and radio. Keep them from wreaking terror via the Internet and social media.

An Intl army of the Middle Eastern Nations should encircle and eradicate them as quickly as possible.

So far Turkey is compliant to the wishes of ISIS and allows them to cross back and forth while holding the Kurds to the border and no allowing them to cross freely like they allow ISIS. As such Turkey should be considers an ally of ISIS and be consider and enemy as well.

This is not traditional modern warfare and it should not be fought as if it is. first take down communication abilities, encircle and cut off supply routes, then press on killing anyone who points a gun in the direction of the enemies of ISIS.

Well they (middle eastern Islamic nations such as Turkey) would do this if someone made a cartoon of their prophet humping a camel, this does not rise to that level for them obviously.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why would anyone want to draw a cartoon of the Prophet doing such?

Is that considered Artistic to you?

So artists these days have no imagination with which to persue Art?

When did Art turn into a convention to go out of the way to offend people?

I'll stick to Van Gogh & Picasso, thanks.
edit on 13-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
I'm confused.

Who's this 'wee'?

Were you there?

ISIS should be hunted down like the vermin they are.

edit on 13-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: AgentShillington
I'm confused.

Who's this 'wee'?

Were you there?

ISIS should be hunted down like the vermin they are.

My flag was there. So yes, I was there. It was done in my name.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I've posted a similar response in a similar thread but for my own well being I will not go into depth.

Have you been to war? Have you seen the pain man can inflict upon his fellow man?

Have you "cried havoc and let slip the dogs of war" as Shakespeare so eloquently put something so brutal?

Be very careful what you wish for. When you spend too long killing "monsters" you eventually become a monster yourself.

Or, as Nietzsche said "When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you".

I do apologize for using the words of other men to make my point. I am just intelligent enough to admit that they are far wiser and far more able to convey what I mean.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

That was actually very well said.

Perfect answer to the OPs question.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The Geneva convention doesn't apply to ISIS anyways as they are considered unlawful combatants. We ran into these gray area issues in Iraq as many of the insurgents were not locals, non-uniformed and not state sponsored. The Geneva conventions protect non-combatants like surrendered, injured, or captured soldiers and local civilian populations.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hogstooth

I am sure you know he is referring to the Geneva/Hague Conventions as well as the Laws of Land Warfare.

At least that's how I interpreted the OP.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

And none of those apply to unlawful combatants.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hogstooth

And none of those apply to unlawful combatants.

And which combatants are lawful? Ours because we say so? Pffft.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

State sponsored military units in identifiable uniforms and country of origin distinguishable on said uniform. So yes, US troops would be lawful combatants as would any other country's uniformed soldiers.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
they carry & display the "black flag" under which is their 'authority' to fight/make war/terrorize

IS (believes it) has a higher Authority which commands them to commit terror & atrocities.... the answer is Not to Quibble over the fine points of civilized combat engagements

it is to decimate these savages with any/all means available .... bio & chemical WMDs, also cluster bombs and the like...then to slime the captured fighters with Pig crap because the Geneva Convention rules do-not-apply

that cadre of combatants are not soldiers they are demented, blood-lust psychopaths who masquerade as non-combatants when cut-off from the reinforcing 'group'..
iow; they are then, legally, 'spies' deserving of the same torture 'they' would inflict on their captured, legal combatants from the organized Western coalition

give the murderous thugs no mercy or quarter...treat them as filth and disease...their philosophy has no deserved place in the modern world and no compassion should be afforded these inhuman animals
edit on th31141851797713462014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31141851806413472014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's not exclusive to Islam, same happens with Christianity and Judaism. No matter what the religion is, it's offensive imo.

ISIS is a problem, and that's an understatement but I can imagine doing what the OP wants would end up starting a bigger conflict.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join