It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How may I remove Bing from my computer ( manage add ons ) ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I need help with the following problem regarding Bing and my computer.

When I open a new window ( sideways ) by using the top address bar right button, the new window then has the Bing webpage opened.

Please tell me how to remove Bing, and to get rid of all Bing in my computer.

"Internet options" does not show Bing at all anywhere, and even under the General tab of "internet options".

Only when I open a new window from the bottom screen taskbar internet button, does the new window open up properly to the place that is shown on the General tab of "internet options" ( that is not Bing ).

After doing a google search of "how to remove Bing" I found the following web instructions, but the remove button is grayed out and does not work to remove Bing, under "manage add-ons" where Bing is listed in my computer.

answers.microsoft.com...

I never gave permission to add on Bing, and I can't get rid of it.

Almost every day this week windows has done updates on my system Windows 7.

Also my computer runs very slow today, and I I think it is when I have more than one window open. Yesterday it was OK. One window only runs fast & Ok.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
CONTROL PANEL, THEN, ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS

That works on my HP computer

Peace

Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I had it and it really is annoying ,
Yep it was in add ons , and I think I reinstalled chrome , I also deleted all other search engines in settings and made chrome default .
Bing is basically just an advert search engine in my experience .

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: trader21

switch to Mac, no add-ons, no adverts what-so-ever
clean as a toilet in a 5-star hotel in Dubai

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lol.....

I was gonna say switch to Linux, it's not as pretty as Mac but you can make it your own.

And without ads or popups as well
edit on 13-12-2014 by IncognitoGhostman because: Stupid auto correct!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Both have pros as well as cons. I like Macs for their quick, minimal interface. But currently I'm on a Windows. More of a "manual" system where I'd compare Mac to an "automatic".

FutureThinker has the best solution. Control Panel has always been the simplest, quickest way to uninstall programs in Windows, imo. I'm on an 8 computer, but I also use Vista and XP on my other setups. My Mac isn't working at the moment. I had Leopard and a partitioned drive running Linux.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Leopard is a pretty old stuff man

Currently running OS X Yosemite on my Retina MBP and the design and usability is AWESOME. I switched to Mac 4 years ago & I can't see myself going back to Windows platform.

Automatic because it's simple and perfection lies in simplicity.
+ Jobs was right, he thought people were idiots, and he was actually right... because the vast majority of population is technically NOT-savvy! they are stupid... that's why iPhone and Mac is so popular, because it's easy to use, it has no viruses and you can't screw it up as much as you can screw a windows computer.

+ the design of Apple products is well beyond what windows-running computers can offer IMHO

I stick to Apple devices for the coming years.
edit on 13-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Definitely is. I'm nostalgic with systems. And equipment. Someone stole an old Apple I had, I used to play Sundog on it. The thing was ancient.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

my first OS X was Snow Leopard, but I can feel your pain

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I tried using Foxfire, and Foxfire seems to work very good. But how do I move all of my bookmarks from IE to Foxfire ?

I picked up this Bing yesterday when I did a reset of my Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7. Now I am stuck with Bing, as the IE will not allow Bing to be removed.

My Control Panel does not show this Bing under programs, and thus it will not remove it. Only the IE tools "manage add-ons" shows the Bing presense.

Please tell me where you recommend that I may go to get Linux.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I don't use Firefox anymore so I don't know but I'm sure if you backed up your bookmarks in IE to a location on your comp, you could then import them into Firefox using FF's settings.

You can download Linux for free. As long as it's a reputable site you should be fine. But I'd research it and see if it's best for you before uninstalling an OS and replacing it.
edit on 13-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Go into the tools section of the Bing window, the one that looks like a gear , and uncheck the open at start up box this will not remove Bing from your computer but it will prevent the program from loading, and because you didn't delete it, it won't show up in your Windows updates, and reload itself, so it won't be a problem again.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Do you have another search provider or only Bing? I think that if you only have Bing you cannot remove it because IE would have no search provider associated with it, so, if that's the case, add another search provider and try to remove Bing after.

If you want to move to Firefox, go to the "Bookmarks" menu and choose the "Show All Bookmarks" sub-menu. On the new window that appears when you do that click on the "Import and Backup" button on the right of the menu bar and choose the "Import Data from Another Browser". From there it's just a question of choosing what you want to do.

top topics

join